PA PA - Richard Petrone 35 & Danielle Imbo 34, Philadelphia, 19 Feb 2005 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I mostly believe they didn’t make it out of Philly, every time they’re building something new in her area (Mt Laurel), I wonder if they’ll find their bones or something.
I too hope someday their families will get an answer. The not knowing has got to be agony.

I agree. If they did get out of Philly, how do you think it happened?

Of the little girl? Yes, her name is Kathy Shea. She would be under “missing but not forgotten” 1960’s. She was walking to school and disappeared while on her way. This disappearance sent my mother into orbit when I was a little kid.
I always feel so bad for parents who pass away never knowing what happened to their missing child. Faith tells me they meet again but I still think about them going to their graves without answers.

I wonder if they took a wrong turn and ended up in a body of water?

Is there anyplace on any of the routes they might have taken where the truck could easily have gotten into some body of water? Years ago, anchorwoman Jessica Savitch and her date ended up dying after driving accidently into a canal in New Hope. They’d been drinking, and apparently the canal was easily accessed, and clearly dangerous. Anything like that on their possible route(s)?

Is there anyplace on any of the routes they might have taken where the truck could easily have gotten into some body of water? Years ago, anchorwoman Jessica Savitch and her date ended up dying after driving accidently into a canal in New Hope. They’d been drinking, and apparently the canal was easily accessed, and clearly dangerous. Anything like that on their possible route(s)?
Yes. I know early on in their disappearance helicopters were used to check bodies of water. I was not a believer of the water theory but as time goes by I think it could be a good possibility. Their plans to hang out were spontaneous that evening. Phones had text messaging but social media was not big so I think limited people knew they were together. So my thoughts are accidental water mishap or someone was following Richard. Not sure why I think him over Danielle other than she was out with his sister and his sister was the driver and dropped her off to be with Richard.
Also if I remember correctly none of the bridge cameras showed his truck traveling back to NJ. I do not remember if anyone did any maps. I will have to go back and look.

I guess I assumed ambushed back at her place after returning from Philly. But I forgot about them not being seen on any bridge cameras (which is the only way to return to NJ). So I’ll go back to not leaving Philly. It wouldn’t make sense for someone to ditch their car and return their bodies to NJ.

I wonder if they took a wrong turn and ended up in a body of water?
I am local and over the years there is one intersection in particular where there are more than a few accidents where the car wound up in the Schuylkill River. The accidents primarily take place where the Schuylkill River meets kelly drive, it’s a fairly sharp curve at that location. It is plausible they could have had an accident and wound up in the water. However, it is a city and even late at night there is some traffic so I just hesitate because of the lack of witnesses or camera sightings. I honestly don’t know how deep or how often/if at all the river may be dredged. I believe that section of the river is flanked by two dams so the car couldn’t drift too far in either direction. Curious as to how plausible it would be that the car would not have been found by now. Maybe there is someone more qualified in terms of rivers, etc. who could offer better insight. With that said an accident involving a body of water is possible. Just a few examples:
Man Dies After Accidentally Driving Into Schuylkill

Officials: Man killed after car crashes into Schuylkill River

Car found submerged in Schuylkill River, no one inside

I am local and over the years there is one intersection in particular where there are more than a few accidents where the car wound up in the Schuylkill River. The accidents primarily take place where the Schuylkill River meets kelly drive, it’s a fairly sharp curve at that location. It is plausible they could have had an accident and wound up in the water. However, it is a city and even late at night there is some traffic so I just hesitate because of the lack of witnesses or camera sightings. I honestly don’t know how deep or how often/if at all the river may be dredged. I believe that section of the river is flanked by two dams so the car couldn’t drift too far in either direction. Curious as to how plausible it would be that the car would not have been found by now. Maybe there is someone more qualified in terms of rivers, etc. who could offer better insight. With that said an accident involving a body of water is possible. Just a few examples:
Man Dies After Accidentally Driving Into Schuylkill

Officials: Man killed after car crashes into Schuylkill River

Car found submerged in Schuylkill River, no one inside
I agree on there being traffic. They left the bar on South Street at 11:45. That is early for a Saturday night. The weather was probably in the high 20s, which to me is cold but I am sure there were still people out and about. South Street is a pretty busy weekend place. Well even the week days. Richard was able to get parking close to the bar which means it probably was not crowded when he arrived. It would be hard to get parking on a busy night. Cameras did not catch them on any bridges so they could not have crossed over. Could they have decided to got to Richard house instead? I have to find his address and map it out.

If this wasn't random, who would have known they were going to the bar that night?
Is there anything mentioned as to what this couple said to their friends as they were leaving....any indication of where they were heading?

I agree on there being traffic. They left the bar on South Street at 11:45. That is early for a Saturday night. The weather was probably in the high 20s, which to me is cold but I am sure there were still people out and about. South Street is a pretty busy weekend place. Well even the week days. Richard was able to get parking close to the bar which means it probably was not crowded when he arrived. It would be hard to get parking on a busy night. Cameras did not catch them on any bridges so they could not have crossed over. Could they have decided to got to Richard house instead? I have to find his address and map it out.

I was thinking the same thing. I wondered if there was any way they could’ve ended up in the water someplace near his house. And thinking that there may be a spot where a guard rail or other barrier may have been previously damaged where they could have gone into the water (and LE dismissing the spot because there was pre-existing damage to a guard rail that hadn’t been fixed). I thought about the possibility that they stopped somewhere else for drinks (further intoxicating) so they could sit by themselves and talk without their friends nearby, but as far as I know, they weren’t seen in any other places that night. For me, the ONLY possibilities are 1) murder for hire and 2) accidentalentry into some body of water. I know some have said that since their meetup was spontaneous, there could’ve been no murder for hire, but I think someone was following one of them.

If this wasn't random, who would have known they were going to the bar that night?
Is there anything mentioned as to what this couple said to their friends as they were leaving....any indication of where they were heading?
Not sure who Richard would have told. His sister knew where they were because she was out with Danielle earlier and dropped her off to Richard. Surely either one could have texted people to say where they were but we do not know that. The folks that were at the bar with them said they were headed to Danielle’s house when they left. Richard would have had to take her home since Danielle did not have her car. Random to me is hard to get to since the two of them and the truck are missing. I think if it was random either they would have been found or the truck would have been so random is sort of at the bottom of the list for me. I flip flop back and forth with accidental water incident and homicide. If homicide, it was well planned. The person knew enough to get rid of everything so to me that is not random. Yesterday I said Richard was the target because he seemed to have steady plans. But Daniella also had plans. They changed later in the evening which would have altered the plan but if someone was determined it would be a minor diversion.

So what is the theory on the truck?
If someone wanted these two dead....why not leave the truck at its location...why get rid of it? Which means someone drove it somewhere....two bodies and a vehicle...vanished.
I do believe they could have went into the water.....

So what is the theory on the truck?
If someone wanted these two dead....why not leave the truck at its location...why get rid of it? Which means someone drove it somewhere....two bodies and a vehicle...vanished.
I do believe they could have went into the water.....
IMO, if this was a targeted hit, the vehicle was disposed of to never be found along with the bodies. For this to be the case the person involved knew enough to make sure all evidence was gone. Perhaps LE or related to LE?
Water accident is possible because we know water can hide vehicles and bodies.

Yes. I know early on in their disappearance helicopters were used to check bodies of water. I was not a believer of the water theory but as time goes by I think it could be a good possibility. Their plans to hang out were spontaneous that evening. Phones had text messaging but social media was not big so I think limited people knew they were together. So my thoughts are accidental water mishap or someone was following Richard. Not sure why I think him over Danielle other than she was out with his sister and his sister was the driver and dropped her off to be with Richard.
Also if I remember correctly none of the bridge cameras showed his truck traveling b. I do not remember if anyone did any maps. I will have to go back and look.

Having just watched a rerun of the Dissapeared episode. One of the investigators mentioned that there were no cameras on traffic heading into New Jersey. Just coining into PA.

Having just watched a rerun of the Dissapeared episode. One of the investigators mentioned that there were no cameras on traffic heading into New Jersey. Just coining into PA.
I see my post was a little messy. I meant to say cameras did not see Richard’s truck on the bridge. Interesting you note there were not cameras going to NJ but that there were some headed back to PA. So they could have gone over the bridge but Richard was not seen coming back. I do not think a water mishap would have happened on the bridge. Someone would have seen and even with the remote chance there was not one more car on the bridge, there would have been damage to indicate a vehicle went over the bridge. If they went home over the Ben Franklin bridge and followed 30, they would drive near Cooper River. I do not know how deep it is at that point though.

Wonder if this would be a good case for Adventures With Purpose (look them up on YouTube if you don't know who they are).

I still think this is a chop shop situation with regard to the vehicle, but ya never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam