PA - Sean Toomey, 15, fatally Shot in Head when he went to car to get water, Philadelphia, Mar 2022

JoeFromLB

Reaction score
It might have been a stray bullet or even an attempted robbery. It's still not clear what exactly happened. The boy was simply getting a case of water from the family car to bring into the house. Sean Toomey, 15 years old...

Boy Dies After Being Shot in Head While Carrying Water Into Northeast Philly Home

No arrests have been made in the shooting. Police believe one of three teens involved in an attempted car theft across the street from Toomey's home was the one who shot the boy, according to Philadelphia Police Capt. John Walker.

Accounts of what led to the shooting have changed several times as the investigation continued.

The suspects fled the scene. Police have not released detailed descriptions of them and on Monday said the investigation continues.

Entering Monday, at least 120 homicides were reported this year in Philadelphia. That's up about 3% from the same time last year, which wound up being the deadliest year on record in the city.

Well, just dammit. Guns, guns, guns (illegally owned??). His poor dad -- can you imagine going out of your door and seeing what this man saw? Gone, poof! His son is lying dead.
He was 15 years old, and now he is gone, leaving his father to mourn and miss him for the rest of his life.

I just saw this:

Philadelphia Teenager Fatally Shot in Head While Grabbing Water from Car Outside His Home
“I’m probably going to move out of here,” the teen's father said. “You know, I was born and raised in this neighborhood. Now, kids are getting shot on the streets.”
By Christine Pelisek March 29, 2022 04:34 PM
A Philadelphia teen was shot in the head while grabbing water from his father's car outside his home.
Sean Toomey, 15, was shot around 9:10 p.m. Thursday in Northeast Philadelphia, police said. He died at a local hospital the following day.
Toomey, a former Mercy Career & Technical High School student, was getting a case of water from the car when gunfire erupted.
He was shot once in the head and once in the side, CBS3 reported.
"I heard the two pops and I thought it was firecrackers," Sean's father, John, said, ABC6 reported. "But it only takes a second to grab some water and get in the house and he wasn't coming back in. So, I got curious, I put my sweatshirt on, and I went outside, and I saw him lying on my neighbor's lawn."
--------------------------
More here:
Philadelphia Teenager Fatally Shot in Head While Grabbing Water from Car Outside His Home

Last edited:
Well, just dammit. Guns, guns, guns (illegally owned??). His poor dad -- can you imagine going out of your door and seeing what this man saw? Gone, poof! His son is lying dead.
He was 15 years old, and now he is gone, leaving his father to mourn and miss him for the rest of his life.

I just saw this:

“I’m probably going to move out of here,” the teen's father said. “You know, I was born and raised in this neighborhood. Now, kids are getting shot on the streets.”
By Christine Pelisek March 29, 2022 04:34 PM
A Philadelphia teen was shot in the head while grabbing water from his father's car outside his home.
Sean Toomey, 15, was shot around 9:10 p.m. Thursday in Northeast Philadelphia, police said. He died at a local hospital the following day.
Toomey, a former Mercy Career & Technical High School student, was getting a case of water from the car when gunfire erupted.
He was shot once in the head and once in the side, CBS3 reported.
"I heard the two pops and I thought it was firecrackers," Sean's father, John, said, ABC6 reported. "But it only takes a second to grab some water and get in the house and he wasn't coming back in. So, I got curious, I put my sweatshirt on, and I went outside, and I saw him lying on my neighbor's lawn."
--------------------------
More here:
It’s sad it’s a all day everyday thing it is sick

Please avoid confusing horrible events like this one with the legally held firearms stored in locked cabinets & cases in my home with their trigger locks in place.

Bullets never enter cylinders under their own power
Rounds never chamber independently
Triggers never squeeze themselves

These actions are one human's choice.

Apparently, law enforcement has yet to identify that human/those humans:

$11,000 reward offered in murder of 15-year-old Sean Toomey

Thanks, Laughing

jmho ymmv lrr

This is within blocks of me. It's right down the street from the Original Chickie & Pete's.

Police are looking into it now as a carjacking. Nobody believes two stray bullets hit this young man in the head. Steal a car get a slap on the wrist. Poor kid isn't old enough to drive.

The family has donated his organs.

Thank you all for caring about a young man local to me.

Sorry, Filly!
Hi Dear Friend. You're so kind.

There's an apartment complex on that block that's had trouble since we were kids. Not sure if it had anything to do with it.

The last name of this young man had many relatives right there within a block or two. It's so sad. Every day there's kids being murdered in this city. Kids! Sixteen and under.

Thanks again for the kind thoughts.

Please avoid confusing horrible events like this one with the legally held firearms stored in locked cabinets & cases in my home with their trigger locks in place.

Bullets never enter cylinders under their own power
Rounds never chamber independently
Triggers never squeeze themselves

These actions are one human's choice.

Apparently, law enforcement has yet to identify that human/those humans:

$11,000 reward offered in murder of 15-year-old Sean Toomey

Thanks, Laughing

jmho ymmv lrr

This is within blocks of me. It's right down the street from the Original Chickie & Pete's.

Police are looking into it now as a carjacking. Nobody believes two stray bullets hit this young man in the head. Steal a car get a slap on the wrist. Poor kid isn't old enough to drive.

The family has donated his organs.

Thank you all for caring about a young man local to me.

You're 100% right, Filly. Two stray bullets wouldn't land in the same spot. Sean was targeted.

Sean Toomey, age 15

Last edited:
Saahir Teagle, 17, was recently taken into custody in New Jersey on charges of murder and will soon be extradited to Philadelphia, officials said.

Meanwhile, 17-year-old Daniel Gardee surrendered himself to Philadelphia police on Wednesday afternoon and is also facing murder charges.

Sean Toomey was shot at around 9:12 pm on March 24 while retrieving a case of water from a car outside his family home on the 6200 block of Mulberry Street in Philadelphia's Wissinoming section.

The 15-year-old died the following day, according to Philadelphia police.

It remains unclear who shot Toomey, but police say a woman saw two male suspects pulling on her car door across the street moments before the shooting.

The woman said she called her boyfriend for help but added that the two suspects had run off by the time he came outside.

Shots were fired at some point during the incident.

Toomey's father John previously told Action News that he heard "two pops" while his son was outside, adding that he became suspicious when he did not return quickly.

"I heard the two pops and I thought it was firecrackers. But it only takes a second to grab some water and get in the house and he wasn't coming back in. So I got curious. I put my sweatshirt on, and I went outside and I saw him lying on my neighbor's lawn," John Toomey told Action News.

Assuming these two will be charged as adults, as their names have been released to the public.

I've got both of them as varsity football players at Lincoln High in Philadelphia. Media is pretty silent so far. It's hard to find any pictures or other information. Court date? Cannot find one.

Does anyone here have access to Philadelphia court records?
I cannot find any information on these two suspects and the progress of the case. The last mention in the media of them was on June 27th, and since then, crickets.

Does anyone here have access to Philadelphia court records?
I cannot find any information on these two suspects and the progress of the case. The last mention in the media of them was on June 27th, and since then, crickets.
I don’t think we will know anytime soon who did this because the 2 suspects r under age just saying

Not sure if this update has already been posted. I still have no info about upcoming hearings, etc. I'm guessing they will be charged as adults.

Major update in boy shot dead at family home when he went outside to get water

Police believe that Gardee and Teagle had participated in an attempted armed robbery of a woman at an ATM and a car theft shortly before Toomey was shot.

Gardee was arrested for battery and disturbing the peace in Miami Beach less than a week after the crime, the DA's office said.

The two teens were taken into custody at an Airbnb in April, where police allegedly found multiple firearms. Teagle was charged with illegal firearm possession, said prosecutors.

Gardee and Teagle weren't initially identified as suspects in Toomey's murder when they were previously arrested, according to the DA's office.

A suspect in a June 9 carjacking told police that he and two others tried to rob a woman at an ATM, which led authorities to the pair.

Less than a week later, the DA's office was able to approve charges against them.

It is so difficult to find any update on this troubling case. All I can find is the preliminary hearing set for January, 2023 did not happen. No court dates, no nothing. No further news.
I don't have access to Philadelphia court records. Perhaps someone can find out what's happening?

I can't imagine the suffering Sean's family is experiencing as these two murdering thugs get to sit back and wait for several years (as it appears now) for justice to visit them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back