PA - Shane Montgomery, 21, Philadelphia, 27 Nov 2014 #5

Yes There is a part of the trail where you can literal have the water come to you boots, shoes, sneakers etc.[/QUOTE]

Thank you it's hard to see on a small phone.

The photos in post #838 simply break my heart in two.
My deepest sympathies go out to Shane's family and friends, including you, Kevin.
A funeral is never easy...but when it is someone so young it is extra hard. The deep feelings of loss never go away, as we always wonder...even years later...what might that person have become. I only hope that the good memories of times with Shane will eventually bring a smile instead of a tear.
Kevin, I recall your comment of pitching whiffle-ball to him as a kid. Those are the moments the grieving will cherish as the pain slightly and slowly diminishes.
I, for one, am going to do a few Random Acts Of Kindness in Shane's honor this weekend and next week. Of course I did not know him, but he has touched so many of us here.

My deepest sympathies go out to Shane's family and friends, including you, Kevin.
A funeral is never easy...but when it is someone so young it is extra hard. The deep feelings of loss never go away, as we always wonder...even years later...what might that person have become. I only hope that the good memories of times with Shane will eventually bring a smile instead of a tear.
Kevin, I recall your comment of pitching whiffle-ball to him as a kid. Those are the moments the grieving will cherish as the pain slightly and slowly diminishes.
I, for one, am going to do a few Random Acts Of Kindness in Shane's honor this weekend and next week. Of course I did not know him, but he has touched so many of us here.

You read my mind re whiffle ball reference. I thought of that comment too, and I so identify with it, growing up in a row home in Philly, playing whiffle across a street. I actually thought of Shane today, as I drove past the Delaware River, and just reflected for a moment.

I know :(. I honestly wasn't sure if I should post them. Shane was obviously so loved by everyone. It's so heartbreaking. Kevin, I hope it's ok I posted them? I'm so sorry for your loss. Your family and everyone close to Shane are always in my thoughts and prayers..

My family is buried at Cavalry, too.
Next time I'm out there I will for sure look up young Shane.

We didn't know him, but we will never forget him.

Always--stitch a shamrock on that life vest.

Too many tears tonight. Thanks for the photos, friends.

Peace out.

I know :(. I honestly wasn't sure if I should post them. Shane was obviously so loved by everyone. It's so heartbreaking. Kevin, I hope it's ok I posted them? I'm so sorry for your loss. Your family and everyone close to Shane is always in my thoughts and prayers..

It's ok to post my family member is in one is the photos and many of his friends have posted them and the article on their social media pages. Thank you for sharing they are beautiful pictures.

Charminglane, thank you for that beautiful song that you posted.

You are welcome, Riley.

Sometimes it's easier to listen than to read.

We can't go to the funeral for Shane, however we can wish him up on wings of a dove.

Oh, my, Charminglane, that song is beautiful. Thank you and rest well young Shane.

Mine is buried in Calvery too.

Today my daughter and I drove into roxborough from Montgomery county to visit family. We were on ridge pike. As we approached Henry and ridge we could see a lot of police activity in front of us. I caught my breadth when I realized I was next to Shane's funeral procession and the hearse with his coffin was no further than 5 ft across from me in that moment of time. His uncle Kevin was in the next car and looked directly at me. I lost it! It was so unexpected and left me shaken. The funeral procession had many, many cars and huge police presence on its ride to Calvery. You are at peace now dear shane.

Mine is buried in Calvery too.

Today my daughter and I drove into roxborough from Montgomery county to visit family. We were on ridge pike. As we approached Henry and ridge we could see a lot of police activity in front of us. I caught my breadth when I realized I was next to Shane's funeral procession and the hearse with his coffin was no further than 5 ft across from me in that moment of time. His uncle Kevin was in the next car and looked directly at me. I lost it! It was so unexpected and left me shaken. The funeral procession had many, many cars and huge police presence on its ride to Calvery. You are at peace now dear shane.

Thank you for sharing this with us, perkiomen. It is very touching.

I know :(. I honestly wasn't sure if I should post them. Shane was obviously so loved by everyone. It's so heartbreaking. Kevin, I hope it's ok I posted them? I'm so sorry for your loss. Your family and everyone close to Shane are always in my thoughts and prayers..

yes absolutely. Those pictures are in the media and they are on Facebook. They are actually a beautiful and reverent tribute to Shane and his spirit, memory, and legacy.

My FB news feed was blowing up last night with friends and family posting pics of the candles they had lit for Shane. Some don't even live in Pa. anymore. Just goes to show you how many lives Shane and his story have touched. Lives, from all over.

Charminglane, thank you for that beautiful song that you posted.

Oh, my, yes. In spite of it all, tears were rolling down my face. Just beautifully sung & beautiful lyrics. Thanks, thanks!

Here's the lyrics (I'm a real lyrics freak...)

[h=2]VINCE GILL LYRICS[/h]
"Go Rest High On That Mountain"

I know your life
On earth was troubled
And only you could know the pain
You weren't afraid to face the devil
You were no stranger to the rain

[Chorus:]
Go rest high on that mountain
Son, you work on earth is done
Go to heaven a shoutin'
Love for the Father and the Son

Oh, how we cried the day you left us
We gathered round your grave to grieve
I wish I could see the angels faces
When they hear your sweet voice sing

[Chorus]

Writer(s): Vincent Gill
Copyright: Benefit Music

from: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/vincegill/goresthighonthatmountain.html

Look at my silly map- it's older than dirt.
If you measure 10 feet from wall in parking lot. That's a long distance to travel alive- no way he traveled 800 yards on the bottom.
If he entered where he was found- how did Christies back camera not catch him leaving the lot?...so, how would he have gotten there?
bbm

Agreed, Always -- I just don't see how someone could drift that far while fighting to breathe & stay alive and fighting to get out of the water, and it's for sure (I assume) he didn't just float down that far without a struggle or some kind of effort; if he was not alive when he entered the water, then there was foul play & I think his body would have sunk fairly quickly. Further, I think the coldness of the water would have taken his breath as soon as he was in the water & that would have put him in an even more helpless position -- already fighting for breath before he even tried to swim. He had to somehow have walked down near the Brew Pub and approached the river that way, seems to me. I have never seen or been near that area, so my assumptions here could be all wrong -- if so, please forgive.

Thank you for all the nice words and tributes. Every time I close my eyes I see Karen's face Shane's mom and it breaks me in two. I keep thinking about Shane tugging her foot and my son does the same to me. I keep thinking about how strong she is.....I hate to ask this but one of my gossipy relatives is saying his body would blow up to 300 pounds? I know many of you posted the science of drowning and I don't have the strength to look it up. I said I can see the body blowing up but his clothing and belongings were still in tact. I hate even posting this but just wondering myself.

Thank you for all the nice words and tributes. Every time I close my eyes I see Karen's face Shane's mom and it breaks me in two. I keep thinking about Shane tugging her foot and my son does the same to me. I keep thinking about how strong she is.....I hate to ask this but one of my gossipy relatives is saying his body would blow up to 300 pounds? I know many of you posted the science of drowning and I don't have the strength to look it up. I said I can see the body blowing up but his clothing and belongings were still in tact. I hate even posting this but just wondering myself.

When you google pictures of people who have drowned- they are not recognizable -initially by clothing only. Until DNA can be matched.
I was told that Shanes body was in relatively good condition, which hopefully will give you some comfort... I've had several dreams about a man I've never known... He is happy, I know he loves rap music, I do not...in my dream the other night he played Michael Jackson for me. I'm a secret MJ fan, maybe it was just a dream- but, I believe wholeheartedly he is smiling.

To Shane's Loved Ones,

On behalf of everyone on Websleuths please know our thoughts and prayers are with you as you deal with the devastating news.

Shane's drowning has been ruled Accidental

In a day or two I will be closing this thread. If anything changes we can open the thread up again.

Thank you Websleuths members for your participation and your hard work.

Tricia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back