GUILTY PA - Susan, 44, & Sarah Wolfe, 38, murdered in their Pittsburgh home, 6 Feb 2014

I have been following this case closely. I heard WPXI showed a few seconds of the surveillance cam on the bus, but haven't been able to locate it on the web.

Are you saying there was a camera in their home? Wow! That would be awesome.

There are also cameras at the East Liberty library. They have a look at this guy.

I read witnesses say Susan was seated with this "mystery man" on the bus (71A), and that they were talking with each other. They got off at the same time. It seems like meeting him was the 5:30 appointment she told her employers about.

When I saw that on the news they just said at that time a surveillance camera and then I also have heard home security camera. Then I also heard of the bus camera????? ???

This is taken from TheTributes.com for Susan and Sarah Wolfe I wondered if Susan ended up in Chicago because of this fellow JMO

"I am so sorry for your terrible loss of these two wonderful people. I cannot imagine the pain you are feeling. I had hoped to be at the funeral but am not able to. My thoughts have been with you all this past week.

Suzy and I met in classes at Iowa in the 1990s and worked together as activists on a lot of projects. She had a reputation for being extremely smart and dedicated, and always brought energy and enthusiasm into everything she did. No one who knew her would ever forget her smile and laugh. We were in touch again recently, but never managed meet. Those times were so difficult for her, especially the health issues, and loss of her cat. Still, she remained so concerned about the people around her. We often shared stories of the ups and downs of teaching and about our students. It was so moving that even as she struggled with her own pain, she was so sensitive to and insightful about problems of her day care students. For me, that most defined the person she was and whom I will remember."

i'm confused. what is tribute. com and what makes you think the writer is a fellow or has anything to do with Chicago?

KDKA 11 pm news............nothing new, repeated everything we already know.
They did say the sisters lived in East Liberty and not Squirrel Hill.

i'm confused. what is tribute. com and what makes you think the writer is a fellow or has anything to do with Chicago?

Here is a direct link I was unable to put the link up yesterday it takes you directly to The tributes for Susan & Sarah Wolfe it's an online obituary site where people can leave a condolence. The writer signed his name and location.

Click on "view all"after you arrive at the website.

http://www.tributes.com/obituary/show/Susan-and-Sarah-Wolfe-99629905

Pittsburgh area was bitterly cold.
Did the sisters need furnace help?
Why were they executed in the basement?
Undressing before or after murder with no sexual assault
(that we know of) is so 'personal'.
Why kill BOTH sisters?
Why stay in the house all lit up for hours?
How did perp know which car to steal?
As close as the houses are parking is a premium to find in front
of the houses.........unless there is a garage.
Did he wear gloves? Did LE find the keys?
No finger prints on car? house?
So many questions.
The perp may not be homeless.........
he could be a druggie.
Is there a meth clinic near where the sisters work? live?

Pittsburgh area was bitterly cold.
Did the sisters need furnace help?
>>Why were they executed in the basement?<< Good question
Undressing before or after murder with no sexual assault
(that we know of) is so 'personal'.
>>Why kill BOTH sisters?<< Susan was the victim of horrific attack. She was the object of the crime. Sarah came home during/after the attack, and was killed because she was a witness.
>>Why stay in the house all lit up for hours?<< Nice, warm place. Looked for valuables. Maybe did laundry, and showered. Didn't care about the electric bill. May have know Sarah was coming home, with a car to steal. May have known sisters lived alone, that he would be undisturbed.
>>How did perp know which car to steal?<< The warm one parked outside the house, the make of which was on the key Sarah brought into the house.
>>As close as the houses are parking is a premium to find in front
of the houses.........unless there is a garage.<< No garage. On street parking. Housing not dense; there is plenty of room to park.
>>Did he wear gloves?<< Winter gloves, for sure. We don't know if he brought other gloves.
>>Did LE find the keys?<< Unknown.
>>No finger prints on car? house?<< Unknown.
So many questions.
>>The perp may not be homeless.........<< If the grey sweat pants with the business card inside found by police are his, we can rule out he is fully employed. He can afford to pay bus fare. He may live somewhere on the 71A bus line.
he could be a druggie.
>>Is there a meth clinic near where the sisters work? live?<<Yes. Sustance abuse, in any case. One at the notorious corner of Stanton and Negley. LINK Other places in East Liberty as well, including social services offices.

Hialeah Great Post #107

We don't know if it's anything to do with the man on the bus yet.

Could he have been already in the house waiting?

Susan was beaten and thrown down the basement stairs I read. The killer is very angry & violent IMO. It may look like Susan was the target maybe he was after Sarah also why stick around waiting for Sarah to come home? It's possible they were both targeted IMO

Could it be a revenge crime? of some sort anything to do with former clients, did the Jewish School annoy a Neo Nazi ?

>>We don't know if it's anything to do with the man on the bus yet.<<We don't know for certain its the guy on the bus, but a few things fit together: the timeline - Susan said she had an appointment at 5:30; she is on the bus, sitting next to a man and is speaking to him, and they got off the bus together one block from her house at 5:30. Timeline of killing fits in with this arrival time. So far, guy on bus is the best suspect.

>>Could he have been already in the house waiting?<< He would have used a key. How did he get it? He would know Susan would be coming home. To the best of my knowledge, this is not an active theory the police are pursuing. How to explain this theory with the facts known? Doesn't fit what we know so far.

>>Susan was beaten and thrown down the basement stairs I read. The killer is very angry & violent IMO. It may look like Susan was the target maybe he was after Sarah also why stick around waiting for Sarah to come home? It's possible they were both targeted IMO. << I disagree. The killings were very different in MO. Susan was beaten sadistically, likely sexually assaulted, and then thrown into the basement and shot at close range in the head. Her body then was handled at some length by the perp - he stripped her, doused her with bleach and laundry products; more, we don't know. Some time passed between Susan's arrival, and Sarah's arrival - perhaps 2 hrs. Sarah didn't even get a chance to take her coat off, when she was pushed/forced down the stairs, and shot in the head at close range. The perp did not manipulate her body in any way - did not strip, did not douse with bleach or laundry products, so whatever evidence of himself he felt he needed to conceal from contact with Susan's body, he did not feel the need to do the same for Sarah.

Question is - did he wait for Sarah, to get her car to steal, or did she walk in and surprise him?

I agree - killer is very violent and angry. I have a terrible feeling a psycho/serial killer has arrived in Pittsburgh. Fantasies of control. Susan may not have been petite and easily wrestled, BUT Susan was vulnerable by the way she trusted "marginal" folks.

>>Could it be a revenge crime? of some sort anything to do with former clients, did the Jewish School annoy a Neo Nazi ?<< No reason to believe this. I know the neighborhood. A neo Nazi on foot, or on a bus, would stick out like a sore thumb in this neighborhood. However, a scruffy, homeless-looking guy, a drug addict, would fit right in. No WAY a Neo Nazi is going to take the stolen car to Whitfield Street by the East Liberty library, in the blighted business district of a black neighborhood! East Liberty Presybyterian Church is not Neo Nazi destination. Off the map. Also - no activity against Jewish persons, Jewish institutions in Pittsburgh, or this school specifically. One would also expect a Neo Nazi would leave a "signature" of some kind at the crime scene - swastikas, SS mark, etc. Neither of the women were Jewish. They were Catholic. A Neo Nazi would have had to have figured out where she lived, followed her on the bus, etc etc - too complicated of a theory to make sense.

A person she found sympathetic, that she would have had the instinct to help, and with little caution on her part - that's the perp we should expect.

My theory - it's a guy from the bus. Victimology has it that the girls were compassionate and caring, cared very much for the underprivileged - gave everyone the benefit of the doubt, gave everyone a second chance. I know the area. I know the bus. "Locals" can be very chatty and try to insinuate into your life. There are marginal types all around that try to make conversation. "Are you married?" "No, I live with my sister, I just moved here a few weeks ago." -- That is a lot of useful information for a predator. If she seemed liberal in politics - it is safe for the perp to assume no guns were in the home. If the predator posed as someone who needed help/support/friendship - Susan would have been the one to offer it freely - that is what all the memorial tributes say about her - she was open and generous to strangers, and often those strangers were in marginal areas, i.e. inner city Chicago.

I am basing my assumptions about the perp on what we know about the VICTIM.

Academy hours are 8:10 am until 3:40 pm where Susan worked, if you look at the Bus route she would get on Bus 61D from Squirrel Hill transfer at Heinz Memorial Chapel Bus stop and pick up Bus 71A. One of the ladies at the school stated Susan arrived each morning around 7:25 a.m. Susan had to catch the bus at 6:30 am the bus 71A seems to takes longer going in the morning then you transfer to Bus 61B to Squirrel Hill. If killer is a daily bus patron his pictures should crop up where he got on and lets hope and pray the bus driver remembers Susan and man. I cannot picture a homeless person at 6.30 am & how do they pay for bus fare.

I did notice a ring on Susan's wedding finger in a video petting a cat, I wonder if there was a boyfriend at one time in her life.

Jmo maybe a neighbor who had been watching the sisters, and only took the car to throw off LE. The car was found in walking distance back to the neighborhood. Until the killer is caught I can't imagine the tension in that neighborhood. Jm2c

ciao

WPXI TV just showed a pix of the 'witness' in a STEELER jacket and he sat next to sister on the bus..........he can't be the 'homeless man' because he looked to well dressed.
Those jackets are very expensive.
Suppose to be more later on news...........WPXI.com

http://www.wtae.com/news/local/allegheny/police-seek-witness-wearing-steelers-coat-in-east-liberty-double-homicide/24526762

East-Liberty-witness-01.jpg

If they have footage of this guy getting off the bus, shouldn't there be footage of him getting ON the bus? That way we could tell where he got on, how long he was on it before or after Susan boarded, if they got on together, etc.

I can't find this style coat on NFL licensed gear, or vintage on Ebay.

Any sweatpants experts out there? These could be "grey." Are those black diagonal bands a mark of some brand?

and on his back (news video) showed a drawstring bag with STEELER logo........

WPXI TV just showed a pix of the 'witness' in a STEELER jacket and he sat next to sister on the bus..........he can't be the 'homeless man' because he looked to well dressed.
Those jackets are very expensive.
Suppose to be more later on news...........WPXI.com

Looks too well groomed to be homeless. Shaved head, and thin, shaped moustache/beard. He can shave the beard, but not change his hair to escape detection quickly.

If this is from that evening, where is Susan? Did she get off the bus already?

Someone seems to be standing behind him as he waits to get off. Can anyone make out if that is a woman in the driver's rear view mirror?
East-Liberty-witness-02.jpg

To get to Susan's house, one has to get off the bus (North Negley), then cross North Negley, a major road, to get to Black Street. The Wolfe house is a little over a block west on Black, then north onto Chislett.

what is in his left hands? gloves? hat?
African American man, bald with a beard 40's maybe? my guess

i

and on his back (news video) showed a drawstring bag with STEELER logo........

I think this is the bag
thumb.aspx

Looked at hundreds of jackets - can't find one exactly like the one in the photo. Maybe they are customizeable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oceandreamer753
Back