PA PA - Teresa Rhodes, 13, Greensburg, 27 Sept 1975

I live near Greensburg and never heard of this case until Theresa case was put on the Doe Network I believe last month.

I would love to find more information on this case. My friend's stepdad is a retired Greensburg Police Officer. I am going to find out if her remembers Theresa's disapperance. Greensburg is not a big City, and we do not hear o alot of crime.

Hi, Did you ever find out any information regarding this case?

Teresa Lynn Rhodes – The Charley Project

Teresa Lynn Rhodes
  • teresa_lynn_rhodes_1.jpg
  • teresa_lynn_rhodes_2.jpg
Teresa, circa 1975

• Missing Since09/27/1975
  • Missing FromGreensburg, Pennsylvania
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth01/15/1962 (57)
  • Age13 years old
  • Height and Weight5'3, 120 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA red and white jacket and red pants.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Teresa has a dog bite scar on her upper lip and a dimple on her left cheek. Her nickname is Teri (sometimes spelled "Terri").
Details of Disappearance
Teresa was last seen in Greensburg, Pennsylvania on September 27, 1975. She left her home to go to a female friend's house at 11:00 a.m. Teresa left behind all her belongings, including her purse and clothes. In spite of this, she was initially considered a probable runaway by law enforcement.

Teresa's parents stated she had never gone anywhere without telling them where she was going and had never stayed out late without permission, and they didn't allow her to date. After her disappearance, however, it was discovered that she had lied to her parents on multiple occasions and was secretly involved in a risky lifestyle that included adult men.

One of the men Teresa associated with was a police officer who was later imprisoned for murder; another was a pedophile who was involved with drugs. It's unclear whether any of the men she knew were involved in her case.

Years later, one of Teresa's female friends admitted she and Teresa went to a "party house" on Bell Way in Greensburg on the day of her disappearance. The friend said she left with a man at 6:00 p.m., leaving Teresa at the party house, and this was the last time she saw her.

Teresa has never been heard from again. Foul play is suspected in her case, which remains unsolved.

le 2610DFPA

TLRhodes.jpg

Teresa Lynn Rhodes
Missing since September 27, 1975 from Greensburg, Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
    • Date Of Birth: January 15, 1962
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 120 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair, long-below shoulders; hazel eyes. Dimple on left cheek.
    • Marks, Scars: Scar from a dog bite on her upper lip, believed to be on the left side.
    • Clothing: A red and white jacket and red slacks.
    • Nickname/AKA: Teri
    • Dentals: Available
    • DNA: Available
Circumstances of Disappearance
On Saturday, September 27, 1975, at around 11 a.m., Teri Rhodes, of South Greensburg, left her home to go to a girlfriend's house. At 13, Teri was not yet allowed to date. She never missed dinner time and always, when she left the house, would tell where she was going.

Teri's disappearance was initially viewed as that of a runaway and was treated as such, despite the fact that when she left her home that afternoon, she didn't take her purse or pack a bag and none of her clothes were missing.

Years after Teri disappeared her friend admitted that the two girls had been at a party at a Bell Way house on that Saturday. The friend last saw Teri at about 18.00 as the friend was leaving the party.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Westmoreland County Detective Bureau
724-830-3286
OR
724-834-2915

Agency Case Number: 05058911/NamUs MP# 5133
NCMEC Number: NCMC1173371

Source Information:
Doe Network
Pennsylvania Missing Persons
NamUs

LINK:

The Doe Network: Case File 2610DFPA

Teresa Lynn Rhodes
  • teresa_lynn_rhodes_1.jpg
    teresa_lynn_rhodes_2.jpg
  • Missing Since 09/27/1975
  • Missing From Greensburg, Pennsylvania
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 01/15/1962 (57)
  • Age 13 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'3, 120 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A red and white jacket and red pants.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Teresa has a dog bite scar on her upper lip and a dimple on her left cheek. Her nickname is Teri (sometimes spelled "Terri").
LINK:

Teresa Lynn Rhodes – The Charley Project

TERI RHODES: Disappearance of local babysitter still baffling investigators after 4 decades

Updated: Nov 13, 2019 - 6:46 PM

[...]

Over the years, there have been plenty of rumors and speculation. A former police officer told reporter Rick Earle he believes Teri and her friend never went babysitting but instead wound up at a party with several men in South Greensburg. He suspects they were drinking and doing drugs and something went terribly wrong. He says Teri may have overdosed, they panicked and got rid of her body. He suspects a former South Greensburg police officer who eventually served time in prison for an attempted murder for hire plot may have been with Teri that night.

Family members confirmed that on at least one occasion they saw their sister in the police car talking with that same officer, who's now deceased, but didn't think anything of it.

[...]

It always seems strange to me when it is reported that police do/did not take a missing child case seriously because the child "might be a runaway".

Here we have a 13 year old girl who is considered responsible enough to baby sit children who disappears, leaving behind her purse, money, clothing, etc. and it is assumed or theorized by some that she might have just "run away".

Well said. This frustrates me to no end. Gather your sources, get off your *advertiser censored*, and start searching immediately!
You would think! Thankfully now most LE reacts in a more structured manner. It has taken a long time to get to where we are, and much closer to where we need to be. IMO this is solvable if resources were to be allocated.

IMHO We have the (at the time) sixteen (16) year old friend as the last KNOWN witness to see her alive. At a party. Where others present have vital information about the happenings with this young child. I realize this is obvious to many, but is this obvious to anyone willing to do something about it?

Forty four (44) years is a long time to be 'missing'. It sure would be nice if her family could get her home.

Years later the friend admits they were at a party....wonder if the friend was threatened by the party attendees? If so, who and why? Perhaps the friend holds the key to the perp and has never spoke of a threat. Sad that noone looked for her. WTH? And the family saw Teri sitting in a cop car with this cop and didn't find it odd? IDK MOO Happy Bday Teri....you deserve justice.

An interesting comment on the 2015 article.
Welcome

According to this comment she was friends with another missing person from Youngwood, PA (10 minutes drive to Greensburg)
Terry Dale Wallace – The Charley Project went missing in 1982, when he was 20, so he would have been approx. 13 in 1975. Maybe he knew to much and wanted to come clean. Talked about her in the bar he went missing from? Speculation of course.

@Bit of hope
Where do you see that comment that Teresa was friends with Terry Wallace? I read the article you linked, but didn't see any comments. This is very interesting to me. I work in Youngwood and never heard of Terry's case until a few years back - I believe when he was added to Charley Project, along with Teresa's case.

@Bit of hope
Where do you see that comment that Teresa was friends with Terry Wallace? I read the article you linked, but didn't see any comments. This is very interesting to me. I work in Youngwood and never heard of Terry's case until a few years back - I believe when he was added to Charley Project, along with Teresa's case.

Oh...heee....strange.....I thought it to be very interesting too. Maybe the conversation is no longer active or they removed the comments.....or you have to log in now to see them? What a petty!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back