PA PA - Terrence 'Terry' Bowers, 11, Chester County, 26 April 1970

"A 25-year-old employee of an adult bookstore in Philadelphia was questioned in connection with the murder two years after it occurred. Police found newspaper clippings about the murder in a man’s apartment following a raid there, but no link was ever established. "

Sounds guilty to me. Who clips out a newspaper story without some reason?

I actually came here looking for a different case and I'm kind of creeped out by how similar they are. In 1968, so just two years before that, a 12 year old boy named Michael Raney was killed in Montana, during a Boy Scout campout. Somebody slit a hole in his tent and stabbed him without waking up any other campers. A guy named David Meirhofer confessed to this and a few other cases. He was convicted of kidnapping a 7 year old right out of her tent and killing her. I know it's in a different state but the case just seem too close in details and timeline.

You know, at that time, it seemed like you were safer walking the streets as a kid. I guess not. I guess it was just as dangerous back then, but we just didn't know it.

It was dangerous only our abusers were the neighbor, somebody at Church, school or a police officer.

Times where we left the house in summer by 11pm latest. Came home for supper. Went back out until curfew. Days at "the pool" or fire plug. A keg in the playground. So all the freaks pre Uncle Eddie trolled and groomed the lower income kids.

A time of Summer Bible school despite being Catholic. Day time camp at the public school where a bench on steps was the sliding board. Day camp with the cool Priests and Nuns we so loved.

Yet it was a time you gave Mr. So&So neighbor "trouble"? You were in trouble at supper no questions asked. You did something wrong according to a Priest, Nun, Scout Master, Cheerleading Coach you got slapped in the head. Told to apologize. No questions asked.

Oh and almost busted at the keg party, but kicked loose? How do you go home and tell that? So your girlfriend suffers for years under the same cop. We never knew why he let us go until she told waaaaay late in life.

This is all the reasons my heart hurts for Terrence's family. Our parents thought we were safe too. A great time to be a kid in Philly, Monaco and Delco. Also a dangerous one.

Detective Ken Mains did a YouTube video on this case recently. He posed the question of whether there were any teenage scouts/leaders present. Do we know who the two adult leaders were and their ages? Do we know the age range of the scouts who were present?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back