PA - Three dead, 3 troopers hurt in Juniata Valley shooting spree, 21 Dec 2012

Discussion in 'Rampage Killings and Terrorist Attacks' started by wfgodot, Dec 21, 2012.

1. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

4 Dead, 3 State Troopers Injured in Blair County Shooting (pittsburgh.cbs.local.com)
    About 95 miles east of Pittsburgh.

2. Loading...

3. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

4. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

There just seems to be no end. :(

5. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

6. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

7. nervous_nellie

nervous_nellie Carpe Noctem

sounds like randomly inside that church? just wow....the amount of "crazy" walking or driving the streets is just unbelievable...why? why do people want to just kill other people...people they dont even know? and i dont even want to discuss the gun issue...there is an entirely different issue about the humans seemingly in the United States in which people are being afflicted with some kind of mental instability/sickness that causes them to figure a way to kill some people and then they just go do it. what in society is causing this? its an issue, imo, far beyond owning a gun or not owning one. it is the "want" to cause harm that i am so confused and frightened of....am i the only one that feels like this? I have no desire to argue the weapons issue. i honestly want to try to understand why our own people are killing us?

8. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Here's the most up to date I can find right now:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...r-dead-including-one-at-a-church-reports-say/

9. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

And another:
    http://wearecentralpa.com/fulltext-news?nxd_id=422962

10. scorekeeper

scorekeeper New Member

Prayers to family and friends of the three victims that loss their lives.

11. fran

fran Former Member

Please take discussion of 'gun control' to the below linked thread.

tia
    fran

Gun Control - is it crime control? (A Political Pavilion thread) #2

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8660335#post8660335"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

12. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

http://triblive.com/news/adminpage/3178234-74/police-shooter-juniata#axzz2FipkG5Lt

13. passionflower

passionflower Just 1 tip to find a killer

14. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

15. 4Jacy

4Jacy New Member

Oh great! Another lunatic out there randoming shooting innocent people! Please future shooters, do the world a favor, kill yoursef!

16. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

17. Kateyes

Kateyes New Member

OMG!!! This is where I was born, raised and lived until I was 30. This is the first opportunity I have had to get on this forum, or my iPad all day today. I must get details from some of my local friends. Prayers for the dead and injured.

18. Kateyes

Kateyes New Member

19. Kateyes

Kateyes New Member

Just wanted to add that I do not know any of the victims, but know exactly where that church is, and saw the Reverend McCaulley's obituary in the paper earlier in the week. So tragic for the families of the victims, and for the statement it makes about our society. When I grew up there the state had a psychiatric hospital in Hollidaysburg, and that is where I did my psychiatric nursing rotation. The grounds included a farm area where the patients (those who could and with supervision) would plant many of the food items consumed there. When the mental health laws changed, and the hospital was eventually phased out the federal government bought it and turned it into a state veterans nursing home, which it still is today.

While I was growing up I can remember a few violent homicides. One in particular was a man who stabbed his wife to death, with the local tv cameras capturing quite a bit of graphic film of the actual murder. I was about 12, and couldn't believe the news station would put that on for everyone to see. Also, a number of years ago there was a shooting during a practice of the Sweet Adelines choir, which was done at a local church in Altoona. I know at least one woman died, but there may have been more. I have been gone 26 years, so it was around 27-28 years ago. Those types of things didn't happen often, but did happen. It always broke the bubble of small town, everyone knows everyone, all is safe fallacy. My sympathies to the victims' families, and wishing those who are injured have a quick recovery.

20. Pensfan

Pensfan Former Member

Kimberly A. Scott of Duncansville is identified as the woman killed by Jeffrey Lee Michael at Juniata Valley Gospel Church while she was decorating for a children’s Christmas party,

Michael reportedly shot her through the window of the church. He then left the scene, stopped at a driveway and killed two men before engaging in a shoot-out with state troopers, three of whom were injured.

http://hinterlandgazette.com/tag/geeseytown-shooter-jeffrey-lee-michael

21. Pensfan

Pensfan Former Member

I have a feeling that the killer was aka Jeffrey Lynn Michael.