GUILTY PA - Timothy Piazza, 19, Dies In Penn State Frat Hazing, 2 Feb 2017 *arrests*

Is that the code of conduct for the Interfraternity Council or Penn State? Here's their statement:

'Any registered student organization that commits hazing is subject to disciplinary action by the appropriate registering organization.'

Subject to disciplinary action by the organization?????

Let me rewrite that for them:

'Any registered student organization that commits hazing will have that organization banned. Anyone participating in the hazing will be criminally charged in accordance with the laws of Pennsylvania and also be dismissed from Penn State.'

This is getting more horrifying by the minute.
How can people be so cruel? I'm just trying to understand.

I was on a dance team in the old days. Our "hazing" was having the new girl do one dance by herself. Even that seemed kind of mean.

The date for the preliminary hearing is scheduled for May 17th (next Wednesday).

I really appreciate your posts on this thread, but wonder if you would consider doing some different formatting other than the bright blue bold print.

I realize this is just one person's opinion and others may not care, but it really hurts my eyes, and I find myself scrolling rather than reading what you post.

I know I can put people on ignore, but I'd actually like to read your posts, so I thought I would ask.

Just found this thread and my heart breaks for this handsome young man's family and friends. I spent more time in a frat house than I'd like to admit during my college days. 15 years ago and not much has changed. My opinion about the basement is that's where the "sacred/secret" initiation rituals would take place. Branding, etc. Can't believe elephant walks still exist. So gross but at least not dangerous. I saw plenty of binge drinking, drug use, and stupid decisions but never witnessed such betrayal and self preservation. My then bf was taken to ER for alcohol poisoning during a rush event. He was told and knew not to mention the circumstances but his brothers made sure he got the help he needed. That was the norm, not the exception. I think this generation is much more self absorbed and used to not having consequences. But just my .02. Sorry for the long post.
JMO, MOO, etc

EXCLUSIVE - 'My son is innocent': Mom of Penn State frat boy, 21, charged over hazing death breaks silence - but NO parents offer sympathy to family of victim

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-boy-charged-hazing-death.html#ixzz4gsnUmmrR

Daddy is on the prison board. Funny? Ironic?

DiBileo is the son of wealthy businessman, Gary DiBileo, who has run a successful insurance agency for 30 years, is Lackawanna County Council Controller and also sits on the Prison Board.

[h=1]Penn State pledge's family plans to file lawsuit, claims 'planned and orchestrated' fraternity drinking[/h]
http://abcnews.go.com/US/penn-state-frat-pledges-family-plans-file-lawsuit/story?id=47413710

The family of Timothy Piazza, the 19-year-old Penn State University fraternity pledge who died after a night of alleged drinking and hazing, plans to file a wrongful death lawsuit against the university as well as fraternity members and the fraternity, Beta Theta Pi.
"I think the individuals involved clearly bear the most responsibility," father Jim Piazza said today on "Good Morning America."

"If you read the timeline of what happened, they set out to feed these guys lethal amounts of alcohol from the outset. There was intent there right from the beginning.

"I don’t know where their conscience was, where the voice in the back of their head was saying, ‘He’s hurt. I gotta do the right thing,'" said Piazza's mother, Evelyn Piazza. "I don’t understand how they could be so heartless and inhumane."

Daddy is on the prison board. Funny? Ironic?

DiBileo is the son of wealthy businessman, Gary DiBileo, who has run a successful insurance agency for 30 years, is Lackawanna County Council Controller and also sits on the Prison Board.
This is the stuff I've been afraid of since the start! Ugh.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

http://www.newsworks.org/index.php/...e-who-died-after-hazing-treated-like-roadkill

From the article:
"The Piazzas said no one representing the university or the fraternity attended their son's wake or funeral services.

Penn State said the administrator assigned to student funeral services had a personal emergency but notified the Piazza family he wouldn't be there. It said it deeply regretted no one was sent in the administrator's place."

Shame on PSU! 😠

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

EXCLUSIVE - 'My son is innocent': Mom of Penn State frat boy, 21, charged over hazing death breaks silence - but NO parents offer sympathy to family of victim

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-boy-charged-hazing-death.html#ixzz4gsnUmmrR

Well. No surprise there. Her apple didn't fall far, did he?

When you add her statement to the fact that Timothy's family hasn't heard from the other families - the sickness of this reaches another level.

My heart hurts that Timothy's parents now have to wake up each day knowing their son lay helpless - dying in agony - suffering. That it was caught on film. And if they've seen the video - each time another human walks past Timothy and fails to render aid would break their heart even more.

Earlier in the thread a post stood out to me. The self-proclaimed leader of this crime is indeed nothing more than a playground bully whose parents likely have purchased his way out of prior consequences.

I don't know much about the Greek life. I worked 3, sometimes 4 part-time jobs through college. I never had the patience for the parties. It always seemed like a core group of people whose parents paid money so their kids could make friends. This was 20 years ago. I'm sure there are decent chapters out there. Time to do away with these kinds.

I sure hope the applicable charges stick.

http://www.newsworks.org/index.php/...e-who-died-after-hazing-treated-like-roadkill

From the article:
"The Piazzas said no one representing the university or the fraternity attended their son's wake or funeral services.

Penn State said the administrator assigned to student funeral services had a personal emergency but notified the Piazza family he wouldn't be there. It said it deeply regretted no one was sent in the administrator's place."

Shame on PSU! 😠

Reprehensible

From the article:

Shame on PSU! 😠

All the better for the law suits against Penn State and the fraternity. If not sending anyone to represent the University or the fraternity doesn't scream: 'We don't care about your son or your family', I don't know what does. I have a feeling the jurors will be as disgusted as we are when this comes out at trial. I think it will an excellent point in closing arguments.

What none if these rich - kid entitled families comprehend is that this victim didn't do anything different than the others. Every other parent could have just as easily been at the funeral for their child! Instead of acting like "not our fault!" with self righteous hands in the air, they should be saying "no more of our kids will die from this despicable behavior". They should stand in solidarity as one, behind the one family who was the unlucky victim that night. And meanwhile should thank their lucky stars that their child is facing charges, rather than a grave. What makes them feel so invincible when it is obvious what can happen. I actually think there would be more leniency and forgiveness of these boys, if there was any remorse shown or accountability taken.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

IMO

Fraternities and Sororities foster an exclusive environment, elitist attitudes and encourage hazing as if its a "right of passage".

It is an outdated activity that needs to be put out to the pasture. From experience it distracts and diverts a students attention away from academics.

The identity that frats/sororities build and encourage for these young adults are stereotypes of 80's movies with unrealistic and disgusting expectations of "brotherhood or sisterhood" that they can perceive as another family but in reality is as shallow as a puddle.

My experience has shown me that these groups preach and teach that they are "special" and that others are not on par with their level. They are pressured into things like hazing because they are brainwashed to think that abuse from more senior members is warranted to "earn" your way in when it is just a sick abuse of power. Then years go by and the same people who were abused and humiliated feel entitled to their share of abusing someone new because they once were.

I dont believe frats and sororities truly serve any purpose other than top artificially create a sense of superiority amongst those who either already feel more elite than others or those who desperately feel the need to belong to something and get twisted in the antiquated world of this.

It reminds me a lot of a gang, taking advantage of those desperate to fit in, abuse them to create a artificial "bond" and twist their perspective and understanding of the group to suite the needs of whos running it. Not to mention the pressure of legacies to continue their family "tradition"

I wish it really all got eliminated

It reminds me a lot of a gang, taking advantage of those desperate to fit in, abuse them to create a artificial "bond" and twist their perspective and understanding of the group to suite the needs of whos running it. Not to mention the pressure of legacies to continue their family "tradition"

I wish it really all got eliminated

Respectfully snipped and BBM

You hit the nail on the head with the word "gang" thank you, you phrased it much better than I could.

What none if these rich - kid entitled families comprehend is that this victim didn't do anything different than the others. Every other parent could have just as easily been at the funeral for their child! Instead of acting like "not our fault!" with self righteous hands in the air, they should be saying "no more of our kids will die from this despicable behavior". They should stand in solidarity as one, behind the one family who was the unlucky victim that night. And meanwhile should thank their lucky stars that their child is facing charges, rather than a grave. What makes them feel so invincible when it is obvious what can happen. I actually think there would be more leniency and forgiveness of these boys, if there was any remorse shown or accountability taken.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Very well said!

Reprehensible

Seriously reprehensible. Not to mention it's not even good etiquette. If the unconscionable, low class jerks are reading here, would it bother me? Nah....

Seriously reprehensible. Not to mention it's not even good etiquette. If the unconscionable, low class jerks are reading here, would it bother me? Nah....
Me, either. I can't even say what I truly think unless I don't want to post on WS again. They should be even more ashamed of themselves than before! But I'm not convinced that all of these kids ever will feel badly. Seriously. I think maybe a handful really care. :(

Respectfully snipped and BBM

You hit the nail on the head with the word "gang" thank you, you phrased it much better than I could.
I agree with this as well on the "gang" mentality. It's the bullies preying on the "perceived" underdogs. Whether they are simply lower classmen or those who may be somewhat shy and submissive, and not conceited, arrogant and exploitative of others. IOW, the types these sociopaths tend to instinctively victimize. Makes me sick and angry. :stormingmad:

Just found this thread and my heart breaks for this handsome young man's family and friends. I spent more time in a frat house than I'd like to admit during my college days. 15 years ago and not much has changed. My opinion about the basement is that's where the "sacred/secret" initiation rituals would take place. Branding, etc. Can't believe elephant walks still exist. So gross but at least not dangerous. I saw plenty of binge drinking, drug use, and stupid decisions but never witnessed such betrayal and self preservation. My then bf was taken to ER for alcohol poisoning during a rush event. He was told and knew not to mention the circumstances but his brothers made sure he got the help he needed. That was the norm, not the exception. I think this generation is much more self absorbed and used to not having consequences. But just my .02. Sorry for the long post.
JMO, MOO, etc

I agree with your post except that the "elephant walk" is more than gross and "not dangerous." It is humiliating and sexual abuse (imo)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back