GUILTY PA - Victoria Gazzam, 4 mos, beaten to death, Mount Lebanon, 12 Nov 2017 *Sentenced*

Hey no problem! But.... I can't read the attached - the typing is really small & fuzzy, or I'm just getting old and need new glasses. Could you sort of tell me what date it is and if there are other dates beside his trial date?

Thanks SO much!!!
Oh sorry about that!
Sure, it says non-jury trial 10/09/2018
No other dates except the previous ones. Looks like he’s facing Homicide and criminal negligence charges.

Tuesday, Oct. 9th:
*Non-Jury Trial set to begin – PA – Victoria Gazzam (4 mos old) (Nov. 12, 2017-“she was a fussy baby”) – *George Joseph Gazzam (30) “father” charged (11/16/17) with murder, recklessly endangering another person & endangerment the welfare of child. Bail has been denied.
12/2/17 update: A Mt. Lebanon man accused of beating his 4-month-old daughter to death will go to Torrance State Hospital after he was found to be incompetent to participate in his criminal case. Co-medical director at the Allegheny County Jail's behavior clinic, said that while Mr. Gazzam understands the charges against him, he does not care about their outcome and will not participate. Dr. Lang said Mr. Gazzam also said he felt suicidal. Judge ordered Mr. Gazzam to Torrance State Hospital for up to 60 days (Feb/Mar, 2018).
8/2/18 Update: Non-jury trial starts 10/9/18.

@Presley78 - any news on what happened? Anything on the court site?

TIA! :)

I dont know how you guys do it but if I click the previous link, it now says next action for non jury trial 3/4/19 :( total of 4 charges

I dont know how you guys do it but if I click the previous link, it now says next action for non jury trial 3/4/19 :( total of 4 charges

Thank you mistivon! I can't access any Pennsylvania court sites.... I don't know "why".

Can you copy/paste what it says on the court site? I see you posted a total of 4 charges, I only have three on my description, as you can see in post #42. And thanks again for the new date. Anything "in between" to that date? :)

Gazzam, Joseph George
Pittsburgh, PA 15243
Aliases:
Joseph Gazzam
Joseph George Gazzam
DOB: 09/03/1987
Race: White
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Sex: Male
Active
Allegheny
CP-02-CR-0007428-2018 Proc Status: Awaiting Non-Jury Trial DC No: OTN:G7929364
Arrest Dt: 11/13/2017 Trial Dt: Legacy No:
Last Action: Non-Jury Trial Last Action Date: 10/09/2018 Last Action Room: Courtroom 306A
Next Action: Non-Jury Trial Next Action Date: 03/04/2019 Next Action Room: Courtroom 306A
Seq No Statute Grade Description Disposition
1 18 § 2501 §§ A H1 Criminal Homicide
Endangering Welfare of Children -
Parent/Guardian/Other Commits
Offense
2 18 § 4304 §§ A1 F1
Recklessly Endangering Another
Person
3 18 § 2705 M2
Endangering Welfare of Children -
Parent/Guardian/Other Commits
Offense
999 18 § 4304 §§ A1 F3 Withdrawn
Closed
Allegheny
CP-02-CR-0006386-2015
Arrest Dt: 04/11/2015
Proc Status: Sentenced/Penalty Imposed DC No: OTN:G7080990
Disp Date: 10/27/2015 Disp Judge: Bigley, Kelly
Def Atty: Horowitz, Joseph David - (PR)
Seq No Statute Grade Description Disposition
Sentence Dt. Sentence Type Program Period Sentence Length
DUI: Highest Rte of Alc (BAC .16+)
1st Off
1 75 § 3802 §§ C* M Guilty Plea
11/23/2015 Confinement Other Min: 3 Day(s) Max: 3 Day(s)
11/23/2015 Probation 6 months Min: 6 Month(s) Max: 6 Month(s)
DUI: Gen Imp/Inc of Driving Safely -
1st Off
2 75 § 3802 §§ A1* M Withdrawn
3 75 § 3309 §§ 1 S Disregard Traffic Lane (Single) Withdrawn

Oh sorry. On the printout, it looks like 4 charges. Homicide, 2 endangering welfare and one reckless....i guess its actually just 3 charges. Sorry bout that. I now see one was withdrawn

Thanks a bunch mistivon! :)

The non-jury trial is still scheduled for 3/4/19, but he was orded to get mental health treatment again on 11/28/18.

Monday, March 4th:
*Non-Jury Trial set to begin (@ am ET)– PA – Victoria Gazzam (4 mos old) (Nov. 12, 2017, Mt. Lebanon) -“she was a fussy baby” – *George Joseph Gazzam (30) “father” arrested & charged (11/16/17) with criminal murder, recklessly endangering another person & endangerment the welfare of child. Bail has been denied.
12/2/17 update: A Mt. Lebanon man accused of beating his 4-month-old daughter to death will go to Torrance State Hospital after he was found to be incompetent to participate in his criminal case. Co-medical director at the Allegheny County Jail's behavior clinic, said that while Mr. Gazzam understands the charges against him, he does not care about their outcome and will not participate. Dr. Lang said Mr. Gazzam also said he felt suicidal. Judge ordered Mr. Gazzam to Torrance State Hospital for up to 60 days (Feb/Mar, 2018).
10/9/18 Update: No trial. Ordered to get mental health treatment . Next non-jury trial date set for 3/4/19.

Going to keep posting this until @lsv7 tells me any different! :)

Tuesday, March 5th:
*Non-Jury Trial continues (Day 2) (@ am ET)– PA – Victoria Gazzam (4 mos old) (Nov. 12, 2017, Mt. Lebanon) -“she was a fussy baby” – *George Joseph Gazzam (30) “father” arrested & charged (11/16/17) with criminal murder, recklessly endangering another person & endangerment the welfare of child. Bail has been denied.

10/9/18 Update: No trial. Ordered to get mental health treatment. Next non-jury trial date set for 3/4/19.
3/4/19 Day 1: No update.

And it has been moved to 4/29/2019.

I had no luck fining him using the inmate locator, so he might still be in treatment.

Okay - lsv7 - thanks for this info.... making a note in my notes.... :)

Since I haven't seen any updates - I shall post this. Maybe @lsv7 - can check the court site? :)

Monday, April 29th:
*Non-Jury Trial set to begin (@ am ET)– PA – Victoria Gazzam (4 mos old) (Nov. 12, 2017, Mt. Lebanon; “she was a fussy baby”) – *George Joseph Gazzam (30) “father” arrested & charged (11/16/17) with criminal murder, recklessly endangering another person & endangerment the welfare of child. Plead not guilty. Bail has been denied. Trial rescheduled to 4/29.

Anyone? @lsv7 or @Presley78 - any updates in the court site for this trial? TIA!

Tuesday, April 30th:
*Non-Jury Trial continues (Day 2) (@ am ET)– PA – Victoria Gazzam (4 mos old) (Nov. 12, 2017, Mt. Lebanon; “she was a fussy baby”) – *George Joseph Gazzam (30) “father” arrested & charged (11/16/17) with criminal murder, recklessly endangering another person & endangerment the welfare of child. Plead not guilty. Bail has been denied.
Trial rescheduled to start 4/29.
4/29/19 Update: No info yet.

@mistivon - I noticed you've been on this case. Can you tell me what the article above says?

TIA! :)

@MsMarple - can you tell me what the article says (post #57)? TIA! :)

Mt. Lebanon man pleads guilty to killing infant daughter
A Mt. Lebanon man pleaded guilty to a general count of criminal homicide Monday in the beating death of his 4-month-old daughter.

Joseph Gazzam, 31, will have a degree-of-guilt hearing before Allegheny County Common Pleas Judge Randal B. Todd on June 17. The options could be first- or third-degree murder, as well as voluntary or involuntary manslaughter.

Mr. Gazzam also pleaded guilty to endangering the welfare of children.

According to Allegheny County police, Mr. Gazzam called 911 just before 12:30 p.m. on Nov. 12, 2017, for an unresponsive infant.
Victoria Gazzam died a short time later at St. Clair Hospital.

An autopsy showed she had fractures to her left arm and three ribs, a brain bleed, lacerations to a heart vessel and left kidney, as well as contusions to her liver, back and head. Victoria also had hemorrhaging behind her eyes.

During his initial interview with police, Mr. Gazzam said he and his daughter had been napping in his bed, and when he woke up, he found her unresponsive on the floor.

He told them she got hurt falling out of bed.

However, detectives found that the distance from the mattress to the carpeted floor was 2 feet 2 inches, a criminal complaint said, The forensic pathologist who conducted Victoria's autopsy said her injuries could not have been caused by such a fall.

During another interview with Mr. Gazzam the following day, the criminal complaint continued, he told detectives that Victoria woke up from a nap about 11:30 a.m. and was "fussy" and would not stop crying.

Mr. Gazzam recounted that he got angry and began punching the infant with a closed fist, including twice in her head, stomach and back.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back