Identified! PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76 - #2 - Evelyn Colon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but why would she be having that test? Would that imply a chronic illness or something like that?

I'm trying to picture whether getting the ESR result and telling her husband/partner about it would trigger a murderous rage...and not coming up with much.

Maybe an illness, I really don't know, trying to consider other options, brainstorming on the things written on her hand, other then directions. I don't think there is a immediate relation between the -maybe- test and her murder.

All planned out..from dismembering,to the suitcases being sprayed black and handles removed , to the body of water. Seems personal. The killer knew should could be identified and prob tied to him. Cutting off nose and ears makes reconstruction difficult. I think the new York newspaper is significant since it is close to Pennsylvania. She wasn't malnourished or no documentation of trauma so I'm assuming she was as taken care of up until her death.

Bumping and hoping Beth will be identified just as Buckskin Girl was finally identified as Marcia K!

I frequently wonder whether there's a connection to this California case from three years earlier: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/598ufca.html

Very similar look and "The woman’s body had been dismembered and placed into an orange suitcase and several green plastic garbage bags."
Very similar appearance, could they be sisters or mother/daughter, or- is there a perp who targets women that look like that?

I frequently wonder whether there's a connection to this California case from three years earlier: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/598ufca.html

Very similar look and "The woman’s body had been dismembered and placed into an orange suitcase and several green plastic garbage bags."

This is a rare coincidence....I filed this woman under the name "Beths mom?" a while ago because I see a resemblance also.

This is a rare coincidence....I filed this woman under the name "Beths mom?" a while ago because I see a resemblance also.
Even looks like " Blueboy Motel" uid female too, imo.
Just remembered that "Beth" and "Blueboy" each had mysterious writings when found, Beth on her hand, the other UID female, a note in her pocket.
speculation, fwiw.

Even looks like " Blueboy Motel" uid female too, imo.
Just remembered that "Beth" and "Blueboy" each had mysterious writings whenfound, Beth on her hand, the other UID female, a note in her pocket.
speculation, fwiw.

Do you mean Ellery Doe?

I've been thinking about the writing on Beth's hand all night, because as a former waitress, I used to take delivery orders over the phone at work, and due to the rushed nature of the restaurant business, I would simply abbreviate - if you called in an order to be delivered to 123 Smith Point Road, I'd scribble 123 SPR, and due to force of habit, I still write addresses down this way. But I would never have written SPR 123 (ie the way the initials & numbers are on Beth's hand). Which got me to thinking, maybe the initials stand for a hotel or motel and the numbers are the room number? No cell phones back then. If someone (estranged husband, married lover, even her father) called her home from his hotel room and said, "I'm in town, staying at the Riverroad Motor Inn, come meet me," she may have scribbled the initials on her hand. "I'm in room 119" - then the numbers.

What WSR actually stands for, I still don't know, but I'm not from the PA area nor was I old enough to know what hotels and motels were around at that time.

Has anyone ever been able to dig up the archived issue of the newspaper that was found with her? Just curious, given that it was a few months old at the time of her murder. As anything with this case it could have been trash he found to wrap the body in or a newspaper of some significance that Beth was holding onto.

It's, what, the September 26th, 1976 edition of the "New York Sunday?"

Has anyone ever been able to dig up the archived issue of the newspaper that was found with her? Just curious, given that it was a few months old at the time of her murder. As anything with this case it could have been trash he found to wrap the body in or a newspaper of some significance that Beth was holding onto.

Welcome to Ws findgarymathias!
May i ask if your moniker has anything to do with this missing man, if so this is his thread here.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?161519-CA-Gary-Mathias-25-Oroville-24-Feb-1978&p=14054347&highlight=gary+mathias#post14054347
[h=2]CA - Gary Mathias, 25, Oroville, 24 Feb 1978[/h]

There is a news article somewhere that indicates the counties that that newspaper would have been delivered to.

The only clues were newspapers found in the suitcase were dated Sept. 26, 1976, and linked to the areas of Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean, Morris, Sussex, Passaic, Somerset and Union counties in New Jersey. Parts of the body were wrapped in a Sept. 26, 1976 edition of The New York Times.

http://www.tnonline.com/2015/may/14/...ld-case-murder

I posted that a while back but the link is bad now. Post #640

I don't know if anyone has found the actual paper itself but I'd imagine it's on newspapers.com or other such archival types of websites.

Her isotopes (as described in a news article) never mentioned NJ but I never saw a map either.

I'm wondering if some possible names may fall out of a tree if we saturate social media with her info in the county areas where the newspaper was from.

Hmmm.... if she was 20 then her peer group would be about 62 now. That demographic is more active on FaceBook more so than any other platform. The hamster wheel in my head is turning..... :thinking:

Her isotopes (as described in a news article) never mentioned NJ but I never saw a map either.

I'm wondering if some possible names may fall out of a tree if we saturate social media with her info in the county areas where the newspaper was from.

Hmmm.... if she was 20 then her peer group would be about 62 now. That demographic is more active on FaceBook more so than any other platform. The hamster wheel in my head is turning..... :thinking:
Yeah, I was 22 in 1976.

She might not have been from that area but her killer might have been. Or they might have moved there very recently.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Yeah, I was 22 in 1976.

She might not have been from that area but her killer might have been. Or they might have moved there very recently.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I was thinking that maybe she had just moved to the area. Perhaps that is why the article cited eastern Tennessee and not PA/NJ. I did get a post of her case in a couple eastern Tenn groups but I didn't see any useful replies.

Any thoughts on the WSR and numbers on her hand?

Thinking of poor, sweet Beth Doe this mothers day. :rose::rose:

Does anyone know if the FOIA can be used to get lists of missing persons? Arkansas has over 400 missing persons but only 35 of them have been made public. This is probably the case for other states as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa