Found Deceased PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76 *Evelyn Colon* *Arrest* #3

Croatia's Ministry of Internal Affairs runs a large database of missing persons on this site www.nestali.hr
All information on Lidija Pale is plucked from that site, but the information they provide is quite scarce.
They currently have 2625 missing persons listed but search options aren't very user friendly unless you have a specific person in mind.

There are basically three types of filters but all three are shaky in some way.
The first one provides four options: ''sve nestale osobe'' (all missing persons), ''djeca'' (children), ''odrasli'' (adults) i ''nestale u ratu'' (disappeared in war). However, if you pick the option that shows only children, the only persons depicted are recently missing children so Lidija will not appear.
The second one provides two options, one to list persons by surname (''po prezimenu'') and the other by the date of disappearance (''po datumu nestanka''). The filter is useless, it doesn't sort the dates correctly at all.
The third one is completely useless and vague. ''Uzlazno'' means upwards and ''silazno'' means downwards.

They have a Facebook page and their e-mail address is nestali@nestali.hr if you want to contact them and inform them about Beth Doe's potential Croatian roots. I don't know how responsive they are and Beth Doe is a rather old case but some exposure of this case in Croatia wouldn't hurt.

The new website is: Nestale osobe

Croatia's Ministry of Internal Affairs runs a large database of missing persons on this site www.nestali.hr
All information on Lidija Pale is plucked from that site, but the information they provide is quite scarce.
They currently have 2625 missing persons listed but search options aren't very user friendly unless you have a specific person in mind.

There are basically three types of filters but all three are shaky in some way.
The first one provides four options: ''sve nestale osobe'' (all missing persons), ''djeca'' (children), ''odrasli'' (adults) i ''nestale u ratu'' (disappeared in war). However, if you pick the option that shows only children, the only persons depicted are recently missing children so Lidija will not appear.
The second one provides two options, one to list persons by surname (''po prezimenu'') and the other by the date of disappearance (''po datumu nestanka''). The filter is useless, it doesn't sort the dates correctly at all.
The third one is completely useless and vague. ''Uzlazno'' means upwards and ''silazno'' means downwards.

They have a Facebook page and their e-mail address is nestali@nestali.hr if you want to contact them and inform them about Beth Doe's potential Croatian roots. I don't know how responsive they are and Beth Doe is a rather old case but some exposure of this case in Croatia wouldn't hurt.

Sorry didn't know that
I don't know her name i was looking thru Tennessee yearbooks during 60s and early 70s and when i saw her i screenshot her photo but not her name,i think the yearbook was from Polk or Monroe County

Have you seen the post mortem picture? I know it is horrible, but I do believe that the sketch with the lighter skin provides the best comparison. If you compare the above girl with that, I see a lot of similarities.

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2020-11-04 om 10.08.08.png
    Schermafbeelding 2020-11-04 om 10.08.08.png
    438.7 KB · Views: 75
New here but found these that I didn’t see suggested before. They would have been held since their disappearance but we’ve seen that before.
Mary Ann Verdecchia- missing from Pennsylvania Age 10 in 1962 when she went missing. Mary Ann Verdecchia – The Charley Project

Alexis Duggan- missing from Florida, Age 19 in 1970 when went missing. She was listed with a scar on her ankle.
Alexis Dugan – The Charley Project

Lucia Palomba- missing from Italy, Age 16 in 1966 when went missing
The Doe Network: Case File 555DFITA

*Nahida Ahmed Khatib- Missing from Wisconsin, Age 30 in 1976(I realize a little older than they thought). The thing I found about her which is why I decided to suggest her is that she was born in Palestine and raised in Lebanon before moving to the states. Now she was afraid of her life from her husband and his family from what I’ve read. She could have been hiding the pregnancy. Nahida Ahmed Khatib – The Charley Project

I am part of an unidentified persons group and we have sent in Lucia Palomba as a tip to law enforcement.

New here but found these that I didn’t see suggested before. They would have been held since their disappearance but we’ve seen that before.
Mary Ann Verdecchia- missing from Pennsylvania Age 10 in 1962 when she went missing. Mary Ann Verdecchia – The Charley Project

Alexis Duggan- missing from Florida, Age 19 in 1970 when went missing. She was listed with a scar on her ankle.
Alexis Dugan – The Charley Project

Lucia Palomba- missing from Italy, Age 16 in 1966 when went missing
The Doe Network: Case File 555DFITA

*Nahida Ahmed Khatib- Missing from Wisconsin, Age 30 in 1976(I realize a little older than they thought). The thing I found about her which is why I decided to suggest her is that she was born in Palestine and raised in Lebanon before moving to the states. Now she was afraid of her life from her husband and his family from what I’ve read. She could have been hiding the pregnancy. Nahida Ahmed Khatib – The Charley Project

I am part of an unidentified persons group and we have sent in Lucia Palomba as a tip to law enforcement.

Okay that is from a fb page. Maybe a person has to be a member of the group to see it. I just downloaded the missing poster and I am posting it here.

Elizabeth Palmer has been traced and she is alive and well. She refused to have contact with her family members. I was a member of the FB page for her search. So unfortunately no lead.

Regarding the hair texture: If the shaft of the hair is flat, hair will be naturally curly. If the shaft of the hair is round, hair will be naturally straight. One reason why perms are so popular: to give the hair body and make it easier to style.

It would be interesting to know what type hair shaft she had. If she was on the younger age range, as in a teen, and not from an affluent family, I’d say the hair was naturally curly. If she was from an affluent family, then funds could be there to perm the hair at a young age. JMO

There is a gruesome post mortem available and you can see on that that her hair is natural wavy. It is light brown and a bit fuzzy. I believe the sketch of her with the lighter skin and hair is the best representation .

Not sure if this has been talked about before, but if the DNA analysis is correct and she did originate from Europe, wouldn't it be very likely that she has a very foreign sounding name? I don't imagine this girl having a common name that you would hear in the US.

I was thinking maybe WSR stands for her initials and 57 for her year of birth. While Googling I only could find the names of Wencke and Wendelin as Slavic names. But if she was raised in the States it could be just plain names. Anyone in for the search?

I was thinking maybe WSR stands for her initials and 57 for her year of birth. While Googling I only could find the names of Wencke and Wendelin as Slavic names. But if she was raised in the States it could be just plain names. Anyone in for the search?
Hey smijles
Are you from Balkan? It could be but the thing is slavic alphabet like Serbo-Croatian ,Bulgarian,Macedonian doesnt have W in their alphabet.
Unless she was Polish which is still Slavic and they have W in their alphabet,but i do like your theory.

Have you seen the post mortem picture? I know it is horrible, but I do believe that the sketch with the lighter skin provides the best comparison. If you compare the above girl with that, I see a lot of similarities.
Welcome to Ws smeijles, thanks for the handy link and helpful posts!

I would not trust the isotope analysis, either. We have had too many cases where the isotope analysis was horribly off. Most homicide cases are actually involving locals.

What makes me wonder is the absolute overkill she was butchered up with. Either we have a link to the prostitution milieu, as pimps like to punish non obedient prostitutes by cutting off nose and ears.

Or, what I find more likely, also because the baby was cut from her belly, is that it is a jealousy/emotions/revenge killing. Beth may have had an affair with some married man or snatched a man from a relationship and the wife/gf (maybe with the help of the husband, that is not unusual!) got rid of her and the baby.

Kind of reminds me of that case of Reyna Marroquin. She also was butchered up by the wife of her affair and her lover as well.

That post-mortem photo is gruesome. What worries me is : who released it ? It isn't available on NaMUS and Doe Network doesn't provide a link to see it. Who thought it was a good idea to post it then ?

That post-mortem photo is gruesome. What worries me is : who released it ? It isn't available on NaMUS and Doe Network doesn't provide a link to see it. Who thought it was a good idea to post it then ?

Forgive me if I don't have the details correct, as it's been five years since the photo was circulated. As you can see from posts from that period in this very thread, the circulation of the postmortem photo caused quite a bit of controversy.

What I believe happened was that the picture was given to a medical professional / death investigator who was somehow involved in handling Beth Doe's case. The lady in question is also an Instagram influencer with a significant following of over 140K people, but she has a friend who is also on Instagram and who is even more popular than she is; said friend has almost two million followers (keep in mind, though, that this was a long time ago, and I'm assuming that these figures were lower back then).

The friend (who is also a medical professional) ended up posting a collage of images of Beth Doe on her Instagram page. On one half of the entire image is a photo of Beth's face, with one half of her face being taken from her earlier NCMEC reconstruction and the other coming from her actual postmortem photo. The other half of the main image is Beth's most recent NCMEC reconstruction. The post also features a write-up about the circumstances of Beth's murder and discovery and how the poster (and her friend) were trying to raise awareness of the case.

It seems like the authorities in charge of Beth's case gave these women permission to distribute the image online. The lady who had originally posted the images has since deleted her post (the deletion had to have been within the last year, as I remember that the post was still up in early 2019), but you can easily find the pictures today if you know where to look or what to search.

Last edited:
Hey smijles
Are you from Balkan? It could be but the thing is slavic alphabet like Serbo-Croatian ,Bulgarian,Macedonian doesnt have W in their alphabet.
Unless she was Polish which is still Slavic and they have W in their alphabet,but i do like your theory.

I am not from the Balkan but from the Netherlands. I just like to think in possibilities :)
And good to know that those countries don't have a W in their alphabet. I know Poland does, regarding all the surnames that end in ...wska/wski ;) But if you live for many years in a country, it could be possible you start to use it? It must be a clue, but can be so irrelevant. What do you think of the meaning?

Ok, just a thought while thinking in scenarios.
Are there any other cases in which a pregnant girl has been found murdered.
If so, do we know if she has been identified. And if the killer was found or not and if so, if it was someone she knew or a random stranger. Maybe we can find a relation between certain cases.

Ok, just a thought while thinking in scenarios.
Are there any other cases in which a pregnant girl has been found murdered.
If so, do we know if she has been identified. And if the killer was found or not and if so, if it was someone she knew or a random stranger. Maybe we can find a relation between certain cases.

One case I did find which has some relation (foreign girl, pregnant, dumped, New York, similar looks): Murder of Reyna Marroquín - Wikipedia
A
ring was found with the letters MHR, which don't seem to relate to the murdered girl. It does remind me of the letters WSR written on Beth Doe her hand. Could there be a relation between Beth Doe and the murderer Howard Elkins? Howard B Elkins

Last edited:
One case I did find which has some relation (foreign girl, pregnant, dumped, New York, similar looks): Murder of Reyna Marroquín - Wikipedia
A
ring was found with the letters MHR, which don't seem to relate to the murdered girl. It does remind me of the letters WSR written on Beth Doe her hand. Could there be a relation between Beth Doe and the murderer Howard Elkins? Howard B Elkins
Funny, this case always reminded me somewhat of the Reyna case too.

Can someone send a link to the PM picture? I probably will regret looking at it after I do.

Actually, I'm not really hoping to see it. I just am curious if it is available somewhere.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekmtl
Back