Pat Brown compares Lisa case to other cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone see similarities between Lisa's parents and Isabel's parents?

Right from the start this had echoes of the Mc Cann case. Snatched from her bed, cadaver dog alert, mum having "adult time", much loved and cared for baby. Man seen carrying baby, I am sure there is more but I haven't read here for a while and have forgotten

Right from the start this had echoes of the Mc Cann case. Snatched from her bed, cadaver dog alert, mum having "adult time", much loved and cared for baby. Man seen carrying baby, I am sure there is more but I haven't read here for a while and have forgotten

The similarities between the McCann case and this one are startling. If they hadn't happened so far apart I would suspect the same person of both.

Unlike most of you I'm on the fence about what happened to Lisa (and Madeliene), but I do have a horrible feeling neither case will ever be solved.

That's not what I meant, but it could of course be a parent in both cases. Or not.

Horribly enough, I don't think we'll ever know for sure. Hope I'm wrong about that.

i absolutely agree-- a parent
Statistics show that its family or close friends that are the offenders in most cases involving vanishings of toddlers, total strangers being more or less off the radar

isnt it time the truth drug was legalised

There is no such thing as a truth drug. Sodium Pentothal only makes people more suggestible and less inhibited, ie, the same effect as alcohol or hypnosis or police officers using the Reid Technique.

There is no foolproof way to distinguish between truth and lies in an individual. You always need supporting evidence.

There is no such thing as a truth drug. Sodium Pentothal only makes people more suggestible and less inhibited, ie, the same effect as alcohol or hypnosis or police officers using the Reid Technique.

There is no foolproof way to distinguish between truth and lies in an individual. You always need supporting evidence.

A foolproof way to distinguish between truth and lies is changing statements and contradictions in statements surely.....also contradictions between ones statements and others statements about the same issue, the mccann case is full of this

Body language also helps

A foolproof way to distinguish between truth and lies is changing statements and contradictions in statements surely.....also contradictions between ones statements and others statements about the same issue, the mccann case is full of this

Body language also helps

I wish it was, but no. Its very common for parents of missing or murdered children to give contradictory accounts of the most relevant time period. Contradictions between different witnesses are almost universal in every case. You can have five eyewitnesses to the same crime, and all five will give completely different accounts.

Contradictions and body language may give indicators, but they are not foolproof.

A foolproof way to distinguish between truth and lies is changing statements and contradictions in statements surely.....also contradictions between ones statements and others statements abiut the same issue, the mccann case is full of this

Foolproof? I'm not sure how reliable someones memory is after drinking a fair amount of alcohol.

If two peoples statements contradict each other, how do you know who is lying and who is telling the truth? I would say by evidence other than their statements that can be used for corroboration.

I know nothing about the Mccann case and what kind of evidence is available in comparison to this case.

I'm not sure if body language is reliable enough to show positively if someone is lying or not because I know little about it. Can it be used in a court of law?

JMO.

Statistics show that its family or close friends that are the offenders in most cases involving vanishings of toddlers, total strangers being more or less off the radar

isnt it time the truth drug was legalised

Thank you so much saggymoon. I have said this for years and years. It is time, because we need to, have to, must protect the innocent children!

Thank you so much saggymoon. I have said this for years and years. It is time, because we need to, have to, must protect the innocent children!

Which part do you agree with? The statistics or legalizing the "truth drug"?

I agree with you that we need to protect innocent children.

Foolproof? I'm not sure how reliable someones memory is after drinking a fair amount of alcohol.

If two peoples statements contradict each other, how do you know who is lying and who is telling the truth? I would say by evidence other than their statements that can be used for corroboration.

I know nothing about the Mccann case and what kind of evidence is available in comparison to this case.

I'm not sure if body language is reliable enough to show positively if someone is lying or not because I know little about it. Can it be used in a court of law?

JMO.
one way of knowing is that the person lying consistently contradicts the statements of many others

This is proven in the mccann case

As for body language, no its not a thing for a couet of law, its very interesting though

one way of knowing is that the person lying consistently contradicts the statements of many others

So your saying that there's some kind of numerical threshold that once it's been crossed, you go from perhaps having a poor memory, to purposely lying? What's the number? Three? Four? I would rather have something more substantial to say whether some one is lying or not. But that's just me.

So your saying that there's some kind of numerical threshold that once it's been crossed, you go from perhaps having a poor memory, to purposely lying? What's the number? Three? Four? I would rather have something more substantial to say whether some one is lying or not. But that's just me.

Ask the police

Ask the police

It looks to me from this post that your not willing to discuss this further. That's fine and ok with me. I apologize if I offended you in anyway with my statements and questions about your posts.

Dogs have a pretty good record, are you another of these diss the dogs people?

Cadaver dogs are not peer reviewed science. Most jurisidictions set their bar for legally admissable scientific evidence at the peer review level.

<modsnip>

This is proven in the mccann case

As for body language, no its not a thing for a couet of law, its very interesting though

It is not proven at all in the McCann case, that's a completely unsupported assertion. There are no more answers in that case than there are in this.

I think people who have jumped to conclusions in both cases, (regardless of what conclusions they have jumped to), are doing so on the basis of emotion and not evidence.

It is not proven at all in the McCann case, that's a completely unsupported assertion. There are no more answers in that case than there are in this.

I think people who have jumped to conclusions in both cases, (regardless of what conclusions they have jumped to), are doing so on the basis of emotion and not evidence.

Cadaver dogs hitting in the apartment and their car (very specific areas) in the McCann case can lead one to conclude that the chances of the hits being false positive would be extremely rare. IIRC, there were two dogs.

In this case, however, there was only one hit and one could assume that it could have been a false positive if there were no other hits anywhere else in the home outside or inside or in the vehicle.

Furthermore, in the McCann case, the parents left their kids unattended and the only eyewitness of seeing a man carrying a child was a friend of the McCann's with very sketchy details of the abductor (I won't go into the numerous sketches drawn up as a result of the eyewitness). In this case, mom and children were in the home asleep.

IMO, there are more similarities with the Sierra Newbold and Isabel Mercedes cases than the McCann case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo