Pathologist: Drew Peterson's 3rd Wife Died Accidentally

poco

Reaction score
This just in...... (hope it isn't already posted somewhere else)

http://www.aolnews.com/crime/articl...ife-kathleen-savio-died-accidentally/19363696

(Feb. 18) -- A pathologist testified that the death of former Illinois cop Drew Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio, was accidental and not a homicide.

Testifying on behalf of the defense at Peterson's pretrial hearing Wednesday, Dr. Jeffrey Jentzen, director of autopsy and forensic services at the University of Michigan Medical School, said he believes Savio may have slipped or fainted in the bathtub.

"I believe all the injuries she sustained could have been sustained with a simple fall," Jentzen said.

1266521687496.JPEG
M. Spencer Green, AP
Drew Peterson is charged with murder in the death of his third wife. He is considered a suspect in the disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy Peterson.

Well, I'll believe that the same day I start believing the moon is square.

I believe Drew murdered both his 3rd wife, and his 4th wife. Guilty, guilty, guilty.

If you notice in the above article it says "Testifying on behalf of the defense at Peterson's pretrial hearing Wednesday, Dr. Jeffrey Jentzen, director of autopsy and forensic services at the University of Michigan Medical School, said he believes Savio may have slipped or fainted in the bathtub.

I gotta agree with ya Smart Blonde!!!!!!!!!!!

I love dueling experts!

A renowned pathologist testified Friday that former police officer Drew Peterson's ex-wife drowned in her bathtub in 2004 after being beaten and intentionally held under water, not after an accidental fall.

Dr. Michael Baden, the former chief medical examiner of New York City, said there were bruises on Kathleen Savio's body consistent with a struggle but no physical signs that she'd slipped and fallen, such as marks or blood on her bathroom wall.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/19/AR2010021903436.html

I think it is important to note that Jentzen admitted he based his findings on police notes (they've already admitted that they did not follow procedure on suspicious deaths), photos of the crime scene and the autopsy report. Baden however did do an actual physical autopsy, though it was many years after the death. Nothing like a little hands on interaction to make a more accurate finding.

I wonder how many pathologists they had to talk to before they found one to testify favorable for the defense?

I wonder how many pathologists they had to talk to before they found one to testify favorably for the defense?

I wonder how many pathologists they had to talk to before they found one to testify favorable for the defense?

Just the one.

Defense needed a really good pathologist. Dr Jentzen handled the Jeffrey Dahmer case in Milwaukee and was Chief ME for over 20 years. Then he joined U of M as a department head in Pathology and Autopsy.

His findings agree with the first autopsy.

Interesting is the way Defense got him.
Jentzen is married to the sister of Andrew Abood's cousin's wife.
(Abood is from Michigan also)

.....AND AGAIN, he admitted he testified his findings were based on police reports, not actually seeing the body.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back