Patrick Swayze has Pancreatic Cancer** UPDATE** PS has passed away RIP

I don't understand why this hasn't reached the MSM yet. Jeri Ryan's baby is on the front page of cnn.com, but no mention of Patrick. They must be trying to get a confirmation before they put the story out there.

That's what I was thinking bnhall. Because TMZ doesn't have it either. They are probably trying to confirm. Or maybe Patrick wants to release a statement himself.

I can't imagine KNOWING how much time you have. as if the physical pain isn't enough, the added torture of knowing the end is near?? Jeeze....:(

I think what's the worse is having this cancer and not knowing when it's going to come back, like my FIL. Right now he has no signs of the cancer, but the oncologist told him it will come back, we just don't know when. It could be at the next scan, or it could be in 3 years. His oncologist thinks he's going to do well, but really, no one knows.

I just heard on the radio that he has weeks to live.

Anyone else hear this. I cried all the way home from brining my kids to school.

I can't find a link yet. Will post when I find one.
I LOVE Patrick. I am so very sad. :(

This article doesn't sound as grave. I know nothing about pancreatic cancer. What is the survival rate? My prayers are with Patrick and his family.

NOT good Nan. Most people die from it. My FIL was told maybe 2 years, IF IF IF he's lucky and it doesn't spread fast. It's very very very aggressive. By the time they figure out someone has it, it's too late. But even if they find it early enough, you still don't survive it. It ALWAYS comes back.

Oh no :( this is sad and a shock.. This may sound strange but he looks to healthy to have cancer.. He looks like he takes care of himself.. I guess people can get cancer no matter what... Prayers for him and his family

NOT good Nan. Most people die from it. My FIL was told maybe 2 years, IF IF IF he's lucky and it doesn't spread fast. It's very very very aggressive. By the time they figure out someone has it, it's too late. But even if they find it early enough, you still don't survive it. It ALWAYS comes back.
Very sad. I just hope that it is a rumor. Somehow, I think that it isn't. He is very young. I have always liked Patrick Swatze, especially in Ghost and Dirty Dancing.

We just heard it on the radio here in our office too. :( Very sad. I love to watch Dirty Dancing, Outsiders, Ghost, Roadhouse, and that surfing movie he was in (can't think of the dang name of it!). Prayers to his wife Lisa and family.

We just heard it on the radio here in our office too. :( Very sad. I love to watch Dirty Dancing, Outsiders, Ghost, Roadhouse, and that surfing movie he was in (can't think of the dang name of it!). Prayers to his wife Lisa and family.

Jules:

Did you know they are from Houston? His mom had a dance studio. I think that's where he met his wife. I waited on his aunt one day (man almost 20 yrs. ago LOL) at Palais Royal.

Jules:

Did you know they are from Houston? His mom had a dance studio. I think that's where he met his wife. I waited on his aunt one day (man almost 20 yrs. ago LOL) at Palais Royal.

Yep, I did. ;) He and his wife met in dance class at his mother's studio. They've been married over 30 years and had no kids. Sad for her. She'll be left alone. :(

This is very sad! Swayze is my all time favorite! Everyone is mentioning him in Dirty Dancing, did anyone see him and Lisa in One Last Dance? If not, it's a must to see. The two of them dancing together leaves me speechless.

"Nobody puts Baby in a corner"

Best.Line.Ever.

Prayers to Patrick and family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member