Patsy Ramsey

what is deemed relevant?
don't mind the photos, prompting
part of posting sytlistics?
wonder about original source

also a reminder
Spring clean your pms, peeps and CHAPS

Personally I enjoyed the photos. Jon Benet was the spitting image of PR! Wow! I never thought they resembled each other.... now I can see it clearly. Mini me for sure!

I also enjoyed seeing the photos. Startling resemblance between JB & PR.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Seeing the resemblance of both JBR and PR is shocking - I was so young when this whole thing happened it is sometimes hard to remember how it happened or what they had looked like JBR has been gone for decades now and sometimes is hard to remember what she looked like - not like I'd wanna remember PR's "resting b!t*h face" but still spitting image of her.

REPORTER: How often does it happen that you are recognized in public? And do you Ever find yourself wearing disguises or making yourselves so you are not recognized?
JR: No, uh, we are recognized
PR: probably at least weekly, sometimes daily depends on you know the circumstances
JR: we did discuss Patsy wearing a blond wig once but thought that would be great, they'll see me with a blonde, we know where that would go

http://jfjbr.tripod.com/truth/date.html

(I remember watching this interview and Patsy was the one who said "We know where that would go" while looking at John.)

Dr Hodges (Who Will Speak for JonBenet) stated that JonBenet was, to John, Patsy in a blonde wig.

REPORTER: How often does it happen that you are recognized in public? And do you Ever find yourself wearing disguises or making yourselves so you are not recognized?
JR: No, uh, we are recognized
PR: probably at least weekly, sometimes daily depends on you know the circumstances
JR: we did discuss Patsy wearing a blond wig once but thought that would be great, they'll see me with a blonde, we know where that would go

http://jfjbr.tripod.com/truth/date.html

(I remember watching this interview and Patsy was the one who said "We know where that would go" while looking at John.)

Dr Hodges (Who Will Speak for JonBenet) stated that JonBenet was, to John, Patsy in a blonde wig.
That's kinda creepy huh?

There's another reason to post both photos of JBR in her pageant wear and Patsy in pageant and costume ball outfits. ( Patsy loved costumes, going back to at least her Miss America pageant days, and would wear many costumes as an adult, whether other party goers wore them to the same event or not). She had tiny near- duplicates made for JBR years later... You can see these only with comparison photos ( Example I can think of readily- the black and white Harlequin gown JBR wore with feather trim. Patsy had an almost duplicate from a masquerade ball years before.)
There are several other photos of the mother and daughter dressed similarly, but not those " Mother/ Daughter" posed photos.

What it demonstrates to some psychologists, including me, is that Patsy may have had or likely had, a n identity fusion with JBR, seeing her child as a true extension of herself. Thus, may have assigned adult emotions and feelings to the little girl, while Patsy was the one harboring the feelings. This is classic projection, but it is not extremely common in their educational and socio-economic background in the 1990's.

There was a televised interview with Patsy not too long after JBR's death, a casual, outdoor setting, probably in Atlanta, where Patsy says of JonBenet " She will never know what it's like to have cancer" ( projecting her own battle with cancer onto her dead little girl) and more bizarrely, I think " She'll never have to face being 40 years old". ( Projection again, as Patsy was extremely self- conscious about her age and aging, and was not happy at all to have had her 40th birthday shortly before JBR was murdered.)

Respectfully, and IMO only.

What it demonstrates to some psychologists, including me, is that Patsy may have had or likely had, a n identity fusion with JBR, seeing her child as a true extension of herself. Thus, may have assigned adult emotions and feelings to the little girl, while Patsy was the one harboring the feelings. This is classic projection, but it is not extremely common in their educational and socio-economic background in the 1990's.

In other words, she was living through her daughter. Again, we all knew that already, with the mere fact she had JBR competing (rigorously competing, to boot) in these pageants in the first place.

I actually was going to unsubscribe from this thread due to the creepy photos but there have been some great points in the two pages since the photos were posted. Patsy's interviews and some of the sleuths' take on them kind of brought the photos to life.
In other words, she was living through her daughter. Again, we all knew that already, with the mere fact she had JBR competing (rigorously competing, to boot) in these pageants in the first place.

I actually was going to unsubscribe from this thread due to the creepy photos but there have been some great points in the two pages since the photos were posted. Patsy's interviews and some of the sleuths' take on them kind of brought the photos to life.

I literally went back the last 2 pages to see if maybe I just missed something, but the only things that were gleamed from other posters were the following: that JBR looked like PR ("spitting image": I wouldn't necessarily agree, but ok. And?) and that one of JBR's costumes looked like PR's (again, don't necessarily agree, but ok. And?). PR was living through JBR was also mentioned, but we knew this already and the photos do nothing to support that, specifically. And I'm confused why we need a photo of PR wearing a wig during her chemotherapy, to boot -- what that photo proves, in addition to the others, I don't know. Okay, I'll just drop it now; it just seemed like these photos were posted simply because they look weird and for shock factor. I still think they're pointless, but so be it I guess. Rant over.

I'm starting to have second thoughts about the Annie Get Your Gun story.

If Patsy were truly capable of acting so crazy, would the people in her surroundings truly have risked having her on live television? It's a huge risk in my opinion.
Recently there was a comment on another forum about Patsy being considered "strange and erratic" during her college years.

I own a copy of JonBenét's Mother: The Tragedy and the Truth! by Linda McLean, Patsy's high school speech coach who remained her friend, so I decided to see what her college friends said about her. This is a book of testimonials from friends, family, and acquaintances about Patsy's sterling character and great personality. The foreword is by Patsy and it has hallmarks of a Ramsey PR project. I fully expected to find some testimonials from her college years. Even Ted Bundy got testimonials.

To my surprise, I found not one testimonial anywhere in the book from a college friend, roommate, or instructor. There was barely a mention of Patsy's college years. We're told she went to an unnamed college and joined an unnamed sorority. There's a short testimonial from a pageant chaperone. Then Patsy meets John and gets married and the testimonials start again.

I was already aware that many of the book's chapters end with an assurance that Patsy had no secrets, no deep, dark secrets, no hidden secrets, no deviant behavior, no darker side, no foul moods, no strange behavior. This repetition was like getting hit in the head with a phone book.

College is where I would start looking for Patsy's secrets.

In 2014, I read Dr. Hodges, a forensic profiler, 1998 book "A Mother Gone Bad: The Hidden Confession of JonBenet's Killer." It delves into the psyche of Patsy's mind. It's a good read even though, in the end, the author feels PDI.
Dr Hodges goes into her background a good bit. He discusses her softball team, the big birthday bash in Denver, etc. The book is an excellent read for learning about Patsy.

A few years ago I came to the conclusion that Patsy had not only killed JonBenét, but had fashioned the ransom note and staged the crime scene to frame her husband John. I felt this required that Patsy be, if not mad as a hatter, at least pretty unusual upstairs. That gave me pause because there wasn't much in the public record about Patsy's mental health.

There was the fact that Mary Lacy largely based her exoneration of the Ramseys on her reading of Patsy's psychiatric reports "in their entirety"; I found a mention that the police had asked Ramsey friends about Patsy's seeing a psychiatrist in college; Then I discovered that there was not a single testimonial from a college friend, roommate, or instructor in a book devoted to testimonials from friends going all the way back to high school. I talk about that in my previous post, #2,674, here. This book by Linda McLean is devoted to proving that Patsy was normal. Many of the book's chapters end with an assurance that Patsy had no secrets, no deep, dark secrets, no hidden secrets, no deviant behavior, no darker side, no foul moods, no strange behavior.

Most of the above I discovered while I was writing a short book about the case. It's free if you have Amazon Kindle Unlimited. It's a steal if you don't. My book is A Murder in Boulder by Fr Brown.

Last edited:
A few years ago I came to the conclusion that Patsy had not only killed JonBenét, but had fashioned the ransom note and staged the crime scene to frame her husband John. I felt this required that Patsy be, if not mad as a hatter, at least pretty unusual upstairs. That gave me pause because there wasn't much in the public record about Patsy's mental health.

There was the fact that Mary Lacy largely based her exoneration of the Ramseys on her reading of Patsy's psychiatric reports "in their entirety"; I found a mention that the police had asked Ramsey friends about Patsy's seeing a psychiatrist in college; Then I discovered that there was not a single testimonial from a college friend, roommate, or instructor in a book devoted to testimonials from friends going all the way back to high school. I talk about that in my previous post, #2,674, here. This book by Linda McLean is devoted to proving that Patsy was normal. Many of the book's chapters end with an assurance that Patsy had no secrets, no deep, dark secrets, no hidden secrets, no deviant behavior, no darker side, no foul moods, no strange behavior.

Most of the above I discovered while I was writing a short book about the case. It's free if you have Amazon Kindle Unlimited. It's a steal if you don't. My book is A Murder in Boulder by Fr Brown.
I have been of the opinion that PR had mental issues all along. One clue that is in pictures (is the grip) she has on JB arm; Christmas morning. Looks like a bruise is about to form just looking at it. Will research to find your book. Thank you! Are those the marks found on JB face or back said to be the stun gun or train tracks on the cover of your book?

I have to agree with Userid. . It does seem odd to post them in this thread. Most of us saw those pictures years ago. And the files are HUGE. They take forever to load on my computer.
Being a member here since 2000, I never had seen these pictures before. I think they were a huge help to those of us who struggle to understand how important pageants were to Patsy.

My opinion only.

I have been of the opinion that PR had mental issues all along. One clue that is in pictures (is the grip) she has on JB arm; Christmas morning. Looks like a bruise is about to form just looking at it. Will research to find your book. Thank you! Are those the marks found on JB face or back said to be the stun gun or train tracks on the cover of your book?
The image on my book's cover is the result of applying Photoshop CS2 filters to the back image available on the web. I talk about this some in the book. I also include an image of the cheek mark.

I kept the book short, but if you are interested in other things I discovered (in large part when putting the book together), check out my post "Remembrance of Things Patsy" on reddit /u/Fr_Brown or you can just read my comments there....

The image on my book's cover is the result of applying Photoshop CS2 filters to the back image available on the web. I talk about this some in the book. I also include an image of the cheek mark.

I kept the book short, but if you are interested in other things I discovered (in large part when putting the book together), check out my post "Remembrance of Things Patsy" on reddit /u/Fr_Brown or you can just read my comments there....
Very well written and researched! What stood out to me were the phrases from the Bible = SBTC. Also the verse that JR read to PR on her deathbed .. just wow!

Since Nedra did state that all children are a little abused then we can assume that stood for her own children as well as her grandchildren. There is little doubt in my mind that PR suffered from mental illness to some degree. It seems that we hand down to our children what has been handed to us. She appeared strict with JB, yet couldn’t tell BR to stop whittling all over the house.

The lab results you shared with us mentions a towel. I wonder what color that towel was?

Thank you for taking so much time to research, post and share!

Reactions: IDK

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back