Patsy's Headstone

I visited the graves right after Patsy was buried. May go again this summer. I was surprised at how small the cemetery was. But it's very beautiful. Some of the prettiest old headstones I've seen. I can't describe how it felt to be there. Alot of angels in the tree. Someone had placed coins on JB's grave. Don't know what that means. Did notice how huge the Paughs headstone is.

I visited the graves right after Patsy was buried. May go again this summer. I was surprised at how small the cemetery was. But it's very beautiful. Some of the prettiest old headstones I've seen. I can't describe how it felt to be there. Alot of angels in the tree. Someone had placed coins on JB's grave. Don't know what that means. Did notice how huge the Paughs headstone is.

I did a search for "coins on headstones" and it seems to be a pretty popular practice. Some people say it's done as a superstition and other says it's done just as a tradition.

The tradition of coins for the dead started centuries ago when coins were placed on the eyes of the deceased. It wasn't to keep them closed (though it would have done so) but rather it was so the deceased had the money to pay the Ferryman (Charon) to take them across the River Styx to Hades in the Underworld.

I wonder why Patsy spent her last days in her father's house rather than her own home...anyone know?

I'd like to know that as well, twinkiesmom. I'd also like to know if some of her last words were really "some things you just can't un-do". That would speak volumes, if true.

Honestly, I've read/heard it several times. I will start looking back and see if I can find the link.

Heyya twinkiesmom.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/24/AR2006062400776.html

"Mrs. Ramsey was a frequent volunteer and was known for her near-compulsive housekeeping. In a single week, she had her Atlanta living room repainted five times, each time in a different color."

Sounds like she was a nightmare client,
paint barely dry and not satisfied.

Heyya twinkiesmom.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/24/AR2006062400776.html

"Mrs. Ramsey was a frequent volunteer and was known for her near-compulsive housekeeping. In a single week, she had her Atlanta living room repainted five times, each time in a different color."

Sounds like she was a nightmare client,
paint barely dry and not satisfied.

Not to mention, usually the painter will start with a few swatches on the wall...She had the room completely repainted each time....not what I'd want to be remembered for in my obituary....but I could never be accused of being a "compulsive housekeeper.":floorlaugh:

Not to mention, usually the painter will start with a few swatches on the wall...She had the room completely repainted each time....not what I'd want to be remembered for in my obituary....but I could never be accused of being a "compulsive housekeeper.":floorlaugh:

Me neither, twinkiesmom, but after all of LHP's comments about Patsy's housekeeping, it kinda makes you wonder where they came up with that comment. Patsy's own mother used to make remarks about her terrible housekeeping skills!

Having your house painted is decorating, not housecleaning, which Patsy is often maligned about. Poor choice of words by the writer IMHO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back