PayPal Donations for Documents

Status
Not open for further replies.
The SAO is closed now and won't reopen until Monday. Still no word. Checked with my outside sources and they don't know anymore than we do. So it appears we will be waiting until next week. :kickcan:

The SAO is closed now and won't reopen until Monday. Still no word. Checked with my outside sources and they don't know anymore than we do. So it appears we will be waiting until next week. :kickcan:

thank you for keeping us updated beach!

There's only so much you can control and with everything else on your plate, you and Kate have done an amazing job.
I hope you're at happy hour now and enjoy your weekend.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Thanks you guys for all you do. Wish it could have been more, but every little bit helps I'm sure.

WE'VE REACHED OUR GOAL!!!

:fireworks:

DONATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED​

Thanks to the generosity of you all the balance in the Websleuths' Project account is now $1,019!

:yourock:

All we're waiting on now is word from the SAO office.... :waiting:

This was a tremendous goal to meet right on the heels of the holidays. Thanks again to all of you who were able to contribute! You guys never cease to amaze me. #thebest

AT LAST! THE WAIT IS ALMOST OVER!

DOC DUMP!!!

Discovery Batch #2 has been released!

Media is already reporting, at least I heard NBC-2 is reporting.

NIN will be picking our docs up at 8:45a tomorrow morning. She got the email when she was already at work. She was so upset that she was not able to make the drive before the office closed in about 1 1/2 hours. I told her that we all were FINE with that and are just grateful that we have her willing to do this for us!

Mod Tip: break out the crockpot recipes because your families will be more tolerant if they have a hot meal instead of hearing you shout, "Oh good grief! You know how to fix yourself a PB&J!"

New Batch of Docs to be Released

We were notified this afternoon that the next batch of docs is being prepared for release. They never give us a specific date/time for pick up. And at this time, they only give us an "estimated cost". We get an email when they are ready to be released with an attached invoice for the exact amount due.

None of us were expecting this so soon since we just got the last doc release. I would be shocked if it took long to get these because I can pretty much guarantee no staff member spent the holidays redacting these docs. Strategic release? Who knows? I just feel like they will be ready very, very soon. Our contact has always overestimated as opposed to what we are finally invoiced. The last batch ended up costing us about $600. So we have a cushion in the account that we can apply toward purchasing these docs. To be specific, the balance in the Websleuths Project account is $399.31. If her estimate is on target this time, that would mean we are about $300 short of the estimated $700.

I shudder to even open this for donations so soon after the last purchase but I am going to go ahead and do it.

Per Tricia's direction we are now accepting contributions again.

Go to www.paypal.com and put in the email address websleuthsprojects@gmail.com

Note: you must have a PayPal account and, when posting your donation, the entire email address above must be entered. (just typing in "Websleuths" will not work)

Tricia has directed me to ask anyone uncomfortable using the PayPal method, to PM her directly. She may have another couple of options available for you guys.

This is not a non-profit donation. There are no tax benefits for donating.

We'd like to stress, if you cannot afford to donate then please do not donate. It's fine. Times are tough and we don't want anyone putting themselves in a bad situation because they donated money they couldn't afford.

Thanks to everyone. You guys are the best! :loveyou:

Do you think the next batch of docs was withheld because of the holidays or because of the ensuing arrest of MS?
Honesty would be appreciated because of the impending cost.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Do you think the next batch of docs was withheld because of the holidays or because of the ensuing arrest of MS?
Honesty would be appreciated because of the impending cost.

I have absolutely no way of knowing why these docs are now being released. It could be as simple as she finished as much as she could when they released the most recent batch, then got back to work today and said to herself, "whelp, need to get to work on this stack of 2K pieces of paper that have been piled on my desk since last week". I have no clue.

For the record, any opinion I give is my honest opinion. :)

Could you share what she estimated the cost would be for the 2nd batch that finalized at $600? Just trying to see how much she has over projected in the past.

Could you share what she estimated the cost would be for the 2nd batch that finalized at $600? Just trying to see how much she has over projected in the past.
Sure. The most recent batch we purchased had been estimated to be $1,000. The final invoice was just shy of $600. (That's why we have the $400 available to apply toward this purchase.)

Sure. The most recent batch we purchased had been estimated to be $1,000. The final invoice was just shy of $600. (That's why we have the $400 available to apply toward this purchase.)

When I did the index, I noticed that there were quite a few missing bates pages for batch 2 of the second release and noted such within the document. Since everything was sequential bates ,those pages must be there but not being released yet.

I wonder if it's due to the attorneys having them sealed yet the clerk thought they were going to be released. That might account for why last batch was less than projected by the clerk?

Fyi 618 bates pages (out of a potential sequence of 1,515) within the batch that I indexed were missing. That is 41% missing.

The next batch release will probably show if they were just held back, or they are under seal possibly ?

When I did the index, I noticed that there were quite a few missing bates pages for batch 2 of the second release and noted such within the document. Since everything was sequential bates ,those pages must be there but not being released yet.

I wonder if it's due to the attorneys having them sealed yet the clerk thought they were going to be released. That might account for why last batch was less than projected by the clerk?

Fyi 618 bates pages (out of a potential sequence of 1,515) within the batch that I indexed were missing. That is 41% missing.

The next batch release will probably show if they were just held back, or they are under seal possibly ?

Hi ATL :wave:
I remember beach saying that the last time the SAO lady? helped us out financially by omitting some of the data pages we wouldn't need. That could be why some are missing. Whoever does this certainly has her/his hands full, as I found my own eyes crossing while reading :crosseyed: all these documents. I can't imagine them trying to read every single page before scanning them...it's completely impossible. So we did get quite a few repeats, e.g. warrants but I'm not complaining, just "splainin." They also have the News Outlets waiting with there hands out to, so I deeply appreciate every single page we get. And just for the record, I'm loving that :sunshine: law

Batch #1 was the batch that the SAO went above and beyond and saved WS hundreds of dollars by excluding select non-essential pages (that Dmacky is referencing.) I don't think we were given that special consideration in Batch #2 so I'm delighted (again!) to realize 41% of the evidence against CWW probably includes evidence against those not arrested yet.

Batch #1 was the batch that the SAO went above and beyond and saved WS hundreds of dollars by excluding select non-essential pages (that Dmacky is referencing.) I don't think we were given that special consideration in Batch #2 so I'm delighted (again!) to realize 41% of the evidence against CWW probably includes evidence against those not arrested yet.

Keep in mind that the SAO is not disclosing just evidence "against" CWW but all evidence relevant to his case--which definitely would include evidence against other defendants and potential defendants, as well as any evidence tending to undermine the prosecution's case. Therefore, if anything about MS's involvement at all is being held back, it's being held back (from the public) under the specific exception about compromising an ongoing investigation. CWW and his attorneys would still need to see that stuff, though, even if we don't.

None of these documents have been filed with the court yet, so none are under seal. The only thing filed in court is a notice of disclosure.

Keep in mind that the SAO is not disclosing just evidence "against" CWW but all evidence relevant to his case--which definitely would include evidence against other defendants and potential defendants, as well as any evidence tending to undermine the prosecution's case. Therefore, if anything about MS's involvement at all is being held back, it's being held back (from the public) under the specific exception about compromising an ongoing investigation. CWW and his attorneys would still need to see that stuff, though, even if we don't.

None of these documents have been filed with the court yet, so none are under seal. The only thing filed in court is a notice of disclosure.

AZ, what would we do without you? Thank you so much for interpreting all that
"secret law writing" :wink: for us :grouphug:

Sent. :) Love that we've got to see real documents in this case because of the sunshine law and are not solely relaying on the leaks of the press.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member