Penalty Phase #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just logged in and I hear the convicted slasher is giving interviews??? After the verdict????

WTF!!! What is wrong with the prison/jail system in AZ??? This is ridiculous!!!

:banghead::banghead:

Juror #8 needs to stay the heck off the airwaves until this is over! Just like the convict needs to stay in her cell and zip it.

My whole attitude has changed about televising/streaming trials. I think it needs to stop.

And I won't elaborate further. This whole trial is not finished yet, and too many lips are running loose. Very dangerous...

As interesting as I find watching trials, in some ways I see your point. There was a horrific murder in Canada years ago and there was a gag order on the entire thing. There was a tremendous amount of interest in the case and no one found out anything until it was completely over.

I think if there could be more control it wouldn't be so bad, but this case has way crossed the line and when the defendant is on the interview circuit while the jury is deciding her fate - something is truly very, very wrong.

I just heard on Dr. Drew's show that the interviews are scheduled to go until midnight AZ time and 3 AM EST. Every network and/or reporter gets 1 1/2 hours for EACH interview.

:dj:

:stormingmad:

:banghead:

:doorhide:

:eek:verreaction:

:trainwreck:
She must feel so special!!! :facepalm::facepalm:

I pray the jury wipes that smile right off face bright and early tomorrow by announcing a death penalty verdict!!!!!

Not to be a total ***** but I am a graphic designer by profession, and the notion that she "designed" that T-shirt is hilarious! Anyone with a computer and Microsoft Word could have done better. I am actually surprised she didn't use Word Art for a snazzy effect.

Am still pretty speechless over the allocution. She started out OK , if you ignored the fact that this was lying sack Jodi Arias. But then it became the All About Me Show (surprise!) and that was a turnoff. And then when Wilmott started in AGAIN on the"abuse" and implying that poor widdle Jodi snapped...ARGH!!

With the organ donation shortage I find that kind of sad.
Not that there would be many situations where they COULD donate anyway...
They couldn't if they were being put to death, because of the protocol (have to keep them on life support.)
And most others just die in their cell.

But those I know that have had organ transplants... or died waiting for one...
Would certainly take a convicted killer's organ rather than die waiting for another one. :twocents:

This may be brutal of me but maybe the criminal shouldn't get the choice and after they are brain dead their body is harvested to help others. Be fully open to those receiving organs however, it's only right that they know where their organ is coming from in that situation so they can choose, like you have stated. It would be unfair otherwise but I totally agree with you. I think it should be allowed 10 fold.

I wish more people would be willing to donate. And I wish that those who have just dealt with a terrible loss and then chose to donate their loved ones organs get more accolades. What a wonderful, compassionate, selfless thing to do in the hardest time of their life.

Jodi, it's like she wants to be seen as one of those people of that caliber. Even though she is locked up she chose to care to grow her hair for others. I would care maybe a tiny bit if she didn't "use" it to her benefit.

Not to be a total ***** but I am a graphic designer by profession, and the notion that she "designed" that T-shirt is hilarious! Anyone with a computer and Microsoft Word could have done better. I am actually surprised she didn't use Word Art for a snazzy effect.

Am still pretty speechless over the allocution. She started out OK , if you ignored the fact that this was lying sack Jodi Arias. But then it became the All About Me Show (surprise!) and that was a turnoff. And then when Wilmott started in AGAIN on the"abuse" and implying that poor widdle Jodi snapped...ARGH!!

I'm really (not) looking forward to these same reporters and their media organizations continuing with the narrative that this trial continues on being such a circus (which it is) and JA is outrageous (which she is) and this has gotten so out of hand (which it has) but hey folks, guess what.... you, the media, are capable of making decisions and largely responsible for what's being put out there, how often, how trashy, what kind of tone you set.

I think HLN will have to be put on suicide watch when this trial ends, I really do. They're going to be analyzing analysis of each other's old analysis of this case. Whatever they can do to get them through until Zimmerman's case. That network has really become tabloid trash. No integrity at all.

So many of these reporters and experts and commentators say this has gotten out of hand and turned into a circus, but none of them take any responsibility for their part in it or hold themselves to higher standards. Instead there's always a low class justification.

It makes finding the truth and unbiased reporting and hearing about the victim (not the freakshow CM) something you actually have to sleuth for. Kind of pathetic.

I have to respectfully disagree. I needed NO ONE to help me find the truth. For 18 days I watched a cold blooded murderer tell lie after sickening lie. Dragging Travis through the mud as often as she could and in her ego fueled battles with Juan, well she relished every minute of it.

She is a person with no soul. She is empty and she is evil. She has no compassion nor empathy. She thinks ONLY of herself and damn anyone that gets in her way. In our 24 hour news cycle one can chose to watch, turn the channel or turn it off, but to blame the media misses the point.

This is the OJ Simpson, Scott Peterson or Casey Anthony trial "of the moment." HLN hit ratings gold with this trial but it falls to each one of us what we "take away". The simple fact the Defendant was on the stand for 18 days and the fact that the murder was so horrific made this trial unlike any other.

So the next "Big" trial will begin, in a new city with a new horror and the crowd will get loud and the networks will clamor for interviews and some will get sucked in...again. But it won't be anything like this trial. No 18 days, no expert witnesses who are woefully ill prepared and, with luck, no 5 year wait for Justice. God Speed to this Jury.

Is it me or does she look nuts in those 3 pics?

If she's going to use the media as a cause for appeal, she really burned that bridge with all of these interviews. I think, I say that because nothing makes any sense.

I hope the interviewers don't have a list of what they cannot ask. I wouldn't be surprised if we hear the same questions and answers all night long. I'm sure as the sunrises, not staying up to watch this trash. I'm sure my morbid curiosity will send me to youtube tomorrow.

The one good thing about this slew of interviews is watching how often and in how many ways she can contradict herself and lie.

What's more she initially specified the LB women's shelter, and they have insisted they do not want nor do they have any affiliation with her "cause"

Would have been great for juan to point this out!!!!

So basically, she's still lying to the jury.

I'd love to hear one of those reporters ask the killer how it feeels to be a sociopath.

Sporadic here due to weather...so how does she give interviews if jail is so strict? AND, wonder if it occurred to her when she was standing before that jury that they all have seen her whoo haa.:banghead::seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member