Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under Arizona law, if the jury cannot reach a unanimous decision on sentencing, the panel will be dismissed and jury selection will begin anew. Another panel would then be seated to hear arguments in only the penalty phase to determine a sentence. If the second panel cannot reach a unanimous agreement, the judge will then sentence Arias to either her entire life in prison or life in prison with the possibility of release after 25 years.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/2...ors-consider-life-in-prison-or/#ixzz2U38EUyMU

I didnt see that coming. I want to throw up. Poor Alexander's. holy $&!%

Crap, you guys. I didn't expect that. Poor Sam and Tanisha. :(

God, PLEASE let the jury see the facts and come to the right decision! Please! :please:

My heavens. Is this crime not bad enough???? I don't get it. You're death penalty qualified.

I cannot stand to know that this jury would not consider how much pain this will further inflict upon the TA family members. For Shame For Shame.

Let's hope they continue to try to deliberate. I suspect someone has refused to render death, if so they should be replaced with an alternate, which is the law.

I don't understand!!! How can anyone on that jury have pity for her? HUNG??? I'm dying for the Alexanders.

Disappointing but NOT surprising

Life or death is COMPLETELY different than the guilt phase

it will take months to seat a new jury for a new penalty phase. it will go on forever. 'your honor, we can't find an unbiased jury here! we need a change of venue!'

i think the state should offer LWOP and be done with this. i don't even care which she gets anyway as long as she never gets out.

Travis... your family could use some of your strength right now.
Especially Sam... I'm so sorry Alexander family... :tears:

Poor Samantha is absolutely devastated. She is sobbing, I am so aggravated. You do not need a more clear cut case IN MY OPINION then this considering this Jury all said they could put someone on death row just like they could choose any other punishment. So, for that reason and including this whole circus the last 5 months has been to me, a clear cut case (again MOO) of the Death Penalty and they should be able to make that decision.

I need to step outside of my home right now. In the damn rain.

Oh, man, poor family. Stephen looks completely shell shocked. Oh, this is bad.

I wonder how many jurors feel CMJA's life is worth saving....

Why would there be a new jury? Doesn't the judge sentence her to life or life without parole if the jury is hung?
The DP phase would have to continue all over again with a new jury. This would be the most painful thing for the TA family. It's absolutely a Fail by this jury.
Let's hope in the next few hours they can resolve this.

IF someone is refusing to render death; they should ask for an alt to replace them asap. EVEN if it's the FOREPERSON.

Boy, they didn't talk very long to decide they can't agree. This is a major surprise.

Yes. That's the most surprising thing for me. Hardly deliberated at all. It is usually the sentencing phase deliberations that last a long time....even up to a week.

The murderess is giddy today.

She's basking in the afterglow from all the media interview attention.

Now she's going to be spared the death penalty.

Congrats, lying torture-murderess.

You're killing Travis's family all over again... :mad::mad::mad:

That is not correct. All 12 must agree. If they all vote death, judge has no discretion. If they all vote life, just will decide LWOP or LWP. If all 12 don't agree, a new jury gets the case for punishment only.

JSS cannot be trusted for one second! No doubt in my mind she would give the murderess LWP! She is pro-defense and most likely anti-death penalty. The jury has a real dilemma - none of them want JA to ever see the outside of a prison wall, but may not all agree on the DP. I''m sooooo worried!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard