Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
In six minutes, the Moon leaves Libra to enter the Sign Scorpio.

Tuba, again Mrs Dumb here...is this good or bad? what does it mean for this jury?

wonder if he really is an artist..maybe hodi knew that and that's who she was stareing at maybe he liked her art and that's why they put that as a midagator(sp)

Others, and I'm sorry but can't remember who maybe Katie Wick or BK ?, described him as possibly military.

In six minutes, the Moon leaves Libra to enter the Sign Scorpio.

I know that's astrology but what does it mean?:facepalm:

True. But it makes it hard when it comes to pronouns. If, for example, I were to say that "Websurfer said in his post a couple of pages back . . ." would I be right or wrong? Maybe you don't care (I wouldn't), but I think it annoys some people.

I did not care...:seeya:

Oh Lord.

Got home from work, went on Facebook and heard.

Great. if they cannot come to a unanimous decision...another jury...and if they can't decide...then the judge does.

This is the never ending trial.

Wonder how many for and how many against.

I thought there is a form that they have to answer certain questions to find dp..I think kcl explained it

I am getting confused after reading the last couple of pages in this thread. I thought that the jury was now deciding....

A) there are mitigating factors so she gets LIFE
B) there are no mitigating factors so she gets DEATH
C) they are split/hung so mistrial for sentencing

Is that correct or not?

Sounds correct to me.

I don't know what to think anymore.
I have decided not to read any sort of meaning into what happened in court today.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/free/20130522jodi-arias-jury-deadlocked.html

"The jury sent a handwritten note on an official question form to the judge. It said: “If the jury is unable to come to a unanimous decision @ this stage, do we notify the judge of this on the form (verdict) or do we just tell the judge her instruction on the bottom P. 10 on the final jury Instruction-Penalty phase?”

It was signed by juror No.18. "

Friend, consider the source, Michael Kiefer, author of that post. He contradicts himself in his own piece. Check it out:

"By Michael Kiefer The Republic | 12 NewsWed May 22, 2013 1:28 PM

Two hours into deliberation Wednesday, the Jodi Arias jury informed Maricopa Superior Court Judge Sherry Stephens that it was unable to reach a unanimous decision on whether to sentence Arias to death or life in prison. "

Also, he has been wrong on the facts of this case, many times He has it wrong. Trust that the judge knows how to read and take what the judge says verbatim and throw away any MK reporting as amateur at best.
MOO

There's no reason for this Jury to hang. But the DP people will have to come down to life. Because anyone who wants life is not going to budge.

So I predict life or hung jury.

IMO

Wrong! Anyone who wants life in the absence of mitigators, lied on their jury questionnaire.

we have judge sherry to thank for all the confusion. were they asking a hypothetical question, or were they saying they were hung? no way to tell.

also, leaving out the clarification of what life means is just an awful faux pas IMO. how could she leave that out??????????

I have to believe the jury will come to a decision...either way. In my heart of hearts, I can't see them leaving this unfinished...not with the Alexander Family waiting. They just can't, right???

My guess is, out of balanced Libra, into passionate Scorpio. Lol. At any rate, some passionate feelings about to begin, no waffling with words.

Let's hope the passion is for the Alexander's and their suffering.

Oh! About Jodi stating thT she will never have children of her own. Bull crap! I promise svery last one of yous (yes, I said "yous") that Jodi will become pregnant by one of those correctional officers. She will then sue the State and get a lot of money. We will never hear the end of Jodi if she doesn't get death. Please don't think that Jodi will not be able to squeal like a cat with a man again.

The jury sent a handwritten note on an official question form to the judge. It said: “If the jury is unable to come to a unanimous decision @ this stage, do we notify the judge of this on the form (verdict) or do we just tell the judge her instruction on the bottom P. 10 on the final jury Instruction-Penalty phase?”

It was signed by juror No.18.

I have a question. How does MKiefer know the exact content of thr note? He didn't give a source in the article.

Wonder if #18 liked her art.

from my WS notes:
#18 Artist, Bald, Attractive, in his 50s or 60s. He looks around a lot with his notebook placed like sketching.

I agree it is waaaaay too early to throw in the towel. On the other hand maybe there is someone saying "no matter how long we sit here I am not going to change my mind"...some people could have that attitude.
Well if a juror said that at the outset of penalty deliberations or after just a few hours, then a case could be made for removing a juror who refuses to deliberate and selecting an alternate.

I am all woman!!! :rocker:

And I am not Mikee Daniels (I get a lot of pm 's asking me this:floorlaugh:

...and I love you Seque...even though you aren't our darling mike!!:floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads