Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am choosing to keep the faith. This jury decided unanimously, and very quickly, that the aggravating factor was met. They all agreed it was death worthy. That decision did not take long. I think there was a misunderstanding with the question to the judge this morning and the jury was wondering about instructions, and maybe weren't all agreeing completely. Especially since they came back so soon after the judge had clarified the other part of the instructions regarding death vs. life. I think they are going through each mitigating factor, with each juror, just to make sure they will be ok with themselves with the death penalty decision.
Tomorrow will be the day!!

In Canada we don't have the option of a death penalty...
When I used to debate I always took the anti DP stance...
Always...
Then I was a victim of a horrible crime...and there was no remorse from the killers....
None...zero....

Like Jodi...

When I used to be anti DP I was not intimate with the gut wrenching pain/ the shattered lives and total loss of innocence and care freeness that those who have experienced a brutal awful theft of a cherished and innocent loved ones life feel....

The numbing reality of a sweet, dear one taken away forever by the selfish, evil acts of those that do not care...
Certain people cannot be rehabilitated- ever...
...certain people should not be shown any mercy.....ever....
Jodi is one of these...she is evil personified....
A small space and little interaction on death row is even too much...

I know I use humour often and I love and cherish all of you who understand...life does go on...I don't want the killers to win by making me forever bitter...
Our girl will be forever 20...Travis will be forever 30...they both died in 2008...

Jodi has already had 5 more years...
Jodi doesn't deserve another day....
She just doesn't....
And if she does have another day I pray that it will be a lonely, desolate cell on Death Row...
This is how and why I feel...
Come on Jury....

(((basilcat)))
:grouphug:

I'm actually encouraged that this jury is still deliberating. I still have faith in them.

To bad the jury could not see her interviews from last night...they would have made the decision by now.. I promise!!! Wow...what a unbelievable human that has not a ... soul!! She is like on a high today from being in the spotlight!! She is loving today. Unreal!!

If you want to keep hanging out, please join us in the Sidebar Thread for the overnight conversation!

Sidebar Thread Here

With the jury gone for the day, we will be locking up & cleaning up here in 10 minutes or so. Start moving it on over, peeps, and see you in the Sidebar soon!

This is why I will not own an "adult toy"--my monsters will find it & present it to my MIL during a visit, I'm sure. They have previously taken a box of tampons to throw all over the floor to play with, and taken a pair of my hubby's underwear & thrown them by the front door. His coworker came to the door & my DH's underwear was right there in plain sight. (That one WAS funny, though!)

:floorlaugh:

My husband and his 2 brothers got into his mother's feminine pads when they were little. All 3 boys born close together so she had her hands full. They wanted boats for their G.I. Joes apparently but they ended up stuck onto the walls, mirror, floating in the tub, just all over. So she made them each wear one... all day long. Including when she sent them outside to play in the kiddie pool with the neighbor's kids. They did not touch mom's stuff again.

O M G " I didn't know you were a hater before you came to this interview."

Whoaaa Nellie, if only the jury could see hear all of this.

To bad the jury could not see her interviews from last night...they would have made the decision by now.. I promise!!! Wow...what a unbelievable human that has not a ... soul!! She is like on a high today from being in the spotlight!! She is loving today. Unreal!!

But they did see the pictures of Travis after what she... the CK did to him.

Just went over to check on the "other site"...

...some person pre-ordered a shirt and it still hasn't come yet! She's in the middle of moving and hopes it does not end up in mail limbo. :eek:

:floorlaugh:

LOL, it hasn't come in the mail yet, because Jodi was using it in court yesterday!

Stress relief...

199706564696360556uhNQkqqpc.jpg

Tell me I'm not the only one that got to the second syllable before figuring this out. :floorlaugh:

Well I won't be able to join y'all tomorrow. I will be on a plane tomorrow at 7 in the am headed to DC for a week vacation with my BIL and SIL and niece. At least we have a layover in Houston so I can check if there is a verdict in by then.

what if the jury asked the question because they wanted to see the family react so they would know if the wanted life or death...... my fantasy :)

Hi all... Haven't been able to come out and play on WS very much this past week due to crazy work schedule. But definitely checking in as often as I can for updates.

Apparently I am a masochist, because I have been watching some of the JA interviews today, and have to say that I got a kick out of Ryan Owens. How refreshing to see a reporter stick it to her, right to her face. Will there ever be a day that I don't want to smack her up side the head?!

Somewhat related... I was recently in DC and visited the Crime and Punishment museum there... totally fascinating place. If you are ever in the area, go check it out. They had info/pictures/artifacts from almost every infamous criminal throughout time, including recent history... I'm sure sometime soon they will find a nice cobwebby spot on the wall for Stabby Einstein's photo, along with her connect the dot artwork.

Beyond the Headlines: The Jodi Arias Story
tonight 10:00 pm Eastern on Lifetime

Or it could be the other way around. It could be a group of people voting for life and trying to sway the DP jurors.

We have no idea what's going on in that jury room.

But after 7 hours and already one note saying they are not in agreement I think we are seriously looking at a hung jury.

I'm terribly disappointed and very sad for the Alexander family. I can't imagine what they are going through tonight. Hopefully Juan has advised them of the realities of what will probably transpire at the end of this.

Or they could just slog through it and come back unanimous. That's still possible!

I'm hanging on to Scott Peterson and Tim McVeigh's juries both taking 11 hours to decide on death. It's not over yet!!

:rockon:

Jury: We might be hung.

Later on today: Hey Jodi! We lied. You can relate, right? LMAO

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
JA: Whaaaa?

Jury: No, we REALLY meant it when we said we were at an impasse. We just have a new PERSPECTIVE now!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

what happens if they can't all agree??? ARZ should change to have majority votes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74