Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
This tactic will fail - it's a slippery slope.

Amendola is trying to do a clever trick of scapegoating Curley, Shultz, and Paterno because they are in trouble too and he knows they can't or won't admit they stood by and did nothing. Their lawyers won't let them talk either way. So he is using their silence to "prove" that nothing happened with Sandusky and his victims.

But it's a slippery slope because the university and the public and the world know the facts from McQueary and the victim testimony.

The problem is that those guys believed that since the first Grand Jury failed to indict Sandusky then they figured it was all over back then and the allegations would just go away. Maybe they thought Jerry would "cure" himself or something - magical thinking.

We all know they were indifferent to the victims and only cared about reputations, money, and the football program. So Amendola is trying to say that his client is innocent compared to those guys, but Curley and Paterno were fired BECAUSE of Sandusky, not the other way around. :twocents:

This lawyer is a piece of work. Each time he gives a statement, I find myself more and more amazed at the incredulous position he places himself and his client in.

This time he says:

"Well, in order to believe Mike McQueary, you would have to believe he told (Penn State Atletic Director) Tim Curley (who's now on administratvie leave), (Penn State Vice President) Gary Schultz (who was in charge of the school's police department and has now stepped down) and (now fired Penn State head coach) Joe Paterno that he observed Jerry Sandusky having anal sex with a young child in a shower at Penn State and they did nothing about it.

"Now, I know those three men. They're not my friends, but I know them," Amendola said. "They are reputable, very conservative people, and I don't believe for a second that they were told that information and did nothing about it other than to tell Jerry Sandusky simply, 'Don't shower with kids in the Penn State shower rooms anymore.' That makes no sense."

On one hand he is stating the reputable, conservative nature of Joe Paterno, Gary Schultz, and Tim Curley, while on the other hand he is calling these same 3 acquaintances out as LIARS! He says he doesn't believe for a second they were told about his client raping a child and did nothing, yet that is PRECISELY what all three of these reputable men have stated in their testimony to the grand jury. All three men told the grand jury they were aware of some version of McQueary's accusations, but not one said a word about calling any Law enforcement agency to report the crime.

Any way you slice it, dice it, or chop it up, they did NOTHING!

Which is it, mr lawyer? Are you saying McQueary's lying or are you saying these three men you call "reputable" are liars? You can't have it both ways!

"Now, I know those three men. They're not my friends, but I know them," Amendola said.

Awww, come on Joe! Surely there's no shame to your game?

DrinkinBuddies.png

We can SEE that you and the youngster are at least drinking/party pals with Gary Schultz!

PS. I'm STILL wondering if she was of legal drinking age yet at this lil shindig?

http://www.centurylink.net/news/rea...org>&news_id=18743097&src=most_popular_viewed

Excerpts:

"Certainly if the activities are alleged to have occurred in the home, yeah, the prosecutors are going to figure, `Jeez, you were in the house at the time this was going on? You must have known something,'" said Bruce Antkowiak, a former federal prosecutor in Pittsburgh and a law professor at Saint Vincent College in Latrobe, Pa. "I would certainly think there would be interest in talking to her."
-------

Prosecutors could ask a court to compel Dottie Sandusky to testify against her husband. But lawyers say that it's unlikely that they would do so, since she's unlikely to incriminate him, and in any case prosecutors may feel that they don't need her testimony to prove their case.

It is also possible, others say, that all of this may have played out in secret: She may already have asked for a grant of immunity or she may have already testified before the grand jury.
--------

"Make no mistake, Dottie has a financial interest in this because once these criminal cases are decided, there will be civil suits by each and every victim, and those victims' suits will go after all the (Sanduskys') assets," said Susan Moss, a New York City-based family and divorce lawyer.
-------

It is not unusual for family members to shut out or deny the abuse of others at the hands of a family member, analysts say.

For instance, they can do it out of fear, hopelessness, helplessness or psychosis, said Harold J. Bursztajn, co-founder of the Program in Psychiatry and the Law at Harvard Medical School.

"You have a variety of flavors of denial," Bursztajn said.

More at link....

I wonder which 'flavor of denial' Dottie is living in? Is she as disturbed as JS in her own way?

Were they 'living in a dream' (something JS said in a previous article) together, and she was that unaware?

Or has she been covering for him in a desperate attempt to maintain her lifestyle?

Boy, that would really be something if she has already testified before the GJ and has turned on the 'big ol kid'!

Jerry Sandusky placed under house arrest in College Township
SARA GANIM, The Patriot-News
Posted: 12/09/2011 12:01 AM

...........To raise his bail money, Sandusky used his house to post $200,000 and his wife, Dottie, wrote a $50,000 certified check. The money will be returned if he shows up for all of his court dates. [still not cash]

Under the terms of his release, Sandusky is confined to his home, subject to electronic monitoring and forbidden from having any contact with any witnesses or alleged victims in the attorney general’s investigation, a condition already imposed after his first arrest Nov.5.
--------

Victim One’s mother told The Patriot-News that principal Karen Probst did not immediately report the allegations to authorities. Instead, the mom said, Probst told her to think about what she wanted to do.

Probst, who was at the meeting Thursday night, did not want to talk to a reporter.

Victim One also was bullied by other students who blamed him for Paterno’s firing, causing the now-18-year-old to change schools midway through his senior year, according to a therapist working with the young man. Psychologist Mike Gillum has said the school did not offer education for other students on dealing with the situation.

The 2011-2012 student handbook for the high school does not address the issue of students leaving class with adults, however, there is an anti-harassment/anti-bullying policy that says it’s a violation of policy to participate in bullying or for any school personnel to ignore it.

More at link....

Giving 'Em Fitz: Legislature enabled secrecy and unaccountability at Penn State
December 07, 2011|By Frank Fitzpatrick, Inquirer Columnist

http://articles.philly.com/2011-12-07/sports/30486313_1_tim-curley-penn-state-joe-paterno

An old crime reporter once advised me that in the aftermath of a crime the guiltiest party is often the busiest party.

Have you noticed how the Pennsylvania legislature has been scrambling lately?
--------

The same lawmakers who carved out a special exemption for the university when the state's open-record laws were liberalized in 2008 are now moving to repeal it.

The same legislative bodies that watered down child-abuse penalties and whistle-blower protections now want to toughen them.
-------

But however all that plays out, this much is clear - the Pennsylvania legislature was a major enabler.

The cloud of secrecy that enveloped Penn State, the power and untouchability its football program accrued - none of that would have been possible without compliant lawmakers.

Why do you think 70 or 80 senators and representatives, as many as 500 each season, were admitted free to every Nittany Lions football game?

More at link....

This article shows a picture of Sarge at the 2007 Second Mile fundraiser.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/dec/9/accuser-raises-questions-about-sanduskys-wife/

Giving 'Em Fitz: Legislature enabled secrecy and unaccountability at Penn State
December 07, 2011|By Frank Fitzpatrick, Inquirer Columnist

http://articles.philly.com/2011-12-07/sports/30486313_1_tim-curley-penn-state-joe-paterno

An old crime reporter once advised me that in the aftermath of a crime the guiltiest party is often the busiest party.

Have you noticed how the Pennsylvania legislature has been scrambling lately?
--------

The same lawmakers who carved out a special exemption for the university when the state's open-record laws were liberalized in 2008 are now moving to repeal it.

The same legislative bodies that watered down child-abuse penalties and whistle-blower protections now want to toughen them.
-------

But however all that plays out, this much is clear - the Pennsylvania legislature was a major enabler.

The cloud of secrecy that enveloped Penn State, the power and untouchability its football program accrued - none of that would have been possible without compliant lawmakers.

Why do you think 70 or 80 senators and representatives, as many as 500 each season, were admitted free to every Nittany Lions football game?

More at link....
This was not carved out for Penn State. A hundred thousand+ university employees from Univ of Pitt, Temple Univ. Lincoln University, Penn State and others fought the Right to Know Law in PA because these institutions are not state owned. This law would have released salaries, bonuses, and benefits of all employees to be posted on the internet. Penn State receives less that ten percent of its income from the state. It is not state owned.

Something I've been kinda wondering about is how did this monster go about selecting a specific victim?

I've gotten the impression that TSM was huge with hundreds of kids in their program at any given time, so how did he know specifically which kid to zone in on? With the profile similarities that are apparent in his victims, it would seem to me that someone would have to research the applications for white, 9-12 yr olds, from low income, single mother households, etc. It can't be an accident that each of the victims we are aware of, ALL fit these common characteristics, and ALL came from TSM!

Maybe I'm wrong, but he just doesn't strike me as the studious sort who would be able to consistently ferret out this specific type of demographic information on his own.

:waitasec:

Something I've been kinda wondering about is how did this monster go about selecting a specific victim?

I've gotten the impression that TSM was huge with hundreds of kids in their program at any given time, so how did he know specifically which kid to zone in on? With the profile similarities that are apparent in his victims, it would seem to me that someone would have to research the applications for white, 9-12 yr olds, from low income, single mother households, etc. It can't be an accident that each of the victims we are aware of, ALL fit these common characteristics, and ALL came from TSM!

Maybe I'm wrong, but he just doesn't strike me as the studious sort who would be able to consistently ferret out this specific type of demographic information on his own.

:waitasec:
This has a short description on how pedos identify victims.
http://www.victimsofviolence.on.ca/rev2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=355&Itemid=45

Pedophiles are also very adept at locating troubled or withdrawn children.* This is a skill they have acquired through years of trial and error.* They have come to identify what usually works and what usually doesn't.* The most common technique used by pedophiles to obtain sex from children is the seduction method.* This process is very similar to the classic boy/girl courtship.* Though the child might be under 10 years old, the pedophile will lavish gifts upon the target, take him or her to amusement parks, museums, restaurants and other places of interest.* If the target is a troubled child, the pedophile will comfort and sympathize with him or her.*
http://crimeshots.com/PEDOPHILES.html

Hasn't it been reported that one of the grandchildren is also a victim? IIRC, he and another child are still young.

What about the boys the Sanduskys adopted? Are there any reports regarding them or perhaps they are keeping that quiet? Since the report on the grandchild, it would seem if a Sandusky child was involved that would be reported.

Dottie Sandusky had to know what was going on in her own house! Just the fact that a child of any age was a "guest" in the basement would send most people's radar and blood pressure off the chart.

And to hear that a grandchild had been attacked, I cannot type the word, that would have been the icing on the cake and ole Jer would have been running out the door not to return because he would have been so afraid of me! A pedophile is only arrested once - end of his life, no bail, no plea deal, no probation, no release!

Penn State is taking Paterno items off store shelves:

Penn State University has ordered vendors holding licenses for products depicting former football coach Joe Paterno's name or likeness to sell those products within 60 days after which they must be pulled from store shelves.

University officials said today they made a mutual decision with Mr. Paterno's representatives that the university would no longer manage licensing for his image because he is no longer head coach.

Read more: http://www.postgazette.com/pg/11343/1195773-100.stm#ixzz1g4wzWy00

Please continue here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7425075#post7425075"]Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #6[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam