Penn State Sandusky Trial #11 (Verdict - GUILTY!)

How long will the jury deliberate?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://onwardstate.com/2012/06/26/what-it-was-like/

SNIP
I looked into his eyes, long ago deserted of emotion. I saw his hands tremble as he tried to place them in his suit pocket. And I watched every day as that pathetic man walked into court, knowing he only had hours left to throw those god damned biscuits to his stupid dog.

Each victim, beaming down at the defense table, was finally empowered to tell the world what happened, while Jerry Sandusky saw his entire 68 years on this earth rendered meaningless.

That was justice for me.

I see that the appeal is based on lack of time to prepare. I guess Amendola should have thought of that before he took off to Kansas City to speak up on behalf of Lisa Irwin's parents.

SNIP
I looked into his eyes, long ago deserted of emotion. I saw his hands tremble as he tried to place them in his suit pocket. And I watched every day as that pathetic man walked into court, knowing he only had hours left to throw those god damned biscuits to his stupid dog.

Each victim, beaming down at the defense table, was finally empowered to tell the world what happened, while Jerry Sandusky saw his entire 68 years on this earth rendered meaningless.

That was justice for me.

Wow, bayouland. That was one powerful statement. Intense!

Even if just one more sibling under that roof would come forward. I just want Matt to feel validated and not alone. I can only imagine the wrath of Dottie :what: I will never believe those adopted boys were never touched. I have stated that from the beginning. I would think in Jer's mind it would even give him more of a "right" :steamed:

SHAME...
they still live in public....and dont want everyone to know.
Or they fear their Mom's wrath.....

It is all insane to me that JOE PATERNO has not been stripped of all his statuse,
I still want to see all the boys demolish the staue built of him.

SNIP

That was justice for me.

This is a great article, posted by bayouland. It kind of reflects the misplaced guilt/shame I have seen posted by J.J. in Phila., and many sports writers and local reporters. Worth the read.

(Bolded and snipped by me for emphasis)

Imo, libido has nothing to do with any form of rape. Sexual predators derive their pleasure from the assault, the victimization they perpetrate. Their crimes have little to do with actually seeking sexual release. I seriously doubt that Jerry Sandusky's motives were libidinous in nature.

So you don't believe Sandusky derived sexual pleasure from his crimes? Please expand.

"Although the tape was released without Matt's knowledge or permission, it illustrates that he made the difficult decision to come forward and tell the painful truth to investigators despite extraordinary pressure to support his father," lawyers Justine Andronici and Andrew Shubin wrote in a statement.
http://www.wtae.com/news/local/Sand...use/-/9681086/15285514/-/rj4eh9z/-/index.html

The Today Show broadcast MS's statements without asking MS's permission? Uhhh...he's a victim of Sandusky, receiving therapy/treatment for sexual abuse, and that makes this really crappy! Who gave the Today Show this tape? MS's attorneys? LE? I apologize if this was discussed this morning and I missed it.

J.J. in Phila.,
I truly hope you're wrong about Jerry's potential sentence, but I see what you mean. I really hope Judge Cleland sentences him consecutivley, although I know thats very unlikley. What is known about Judge Cleland? Is he a "hangin' judge"?
Also, CONGRATS on the verdict. Curley and Schultz will soon get theirs, then the civil settlements, then hopefully the resignation of McQueary, and then the healing will begin (sounds lame, I know). Like I said before, there's nothing wrong with the institution, just the cowards that ran it.
So do you think the feds will go after him, if his sentence is too short?
TIA!

So you don't believe Sandusky derived sexual pleasure from his crimes? Please expand.

Imo, any ancillary pleasures that Sandusky received were a bonus to him. His main satisfaction came from the power and control he exerted over his victims, the degradation and pain he inflicted on them as well as the excitement of the "chase" as he groomed each child for domination and control of their soul.

Imo, any ancillary pleasures that Sandusky received were a bonus to him. His main satisfaction came from the power and control he exerted over his victims, the degradation and pain he inflicted on them as well as the excitement of the "chase" as he groomed each child for domination and control of their soul.
(Respectfully stated) You are more accurately describing a child rapist.

Fixated pedophiles like Sandusky (yes, he also raped children, but there was more to his pathological behavior) seek affection and acceptance from children like healthy adults seek attention and affection from other adults.
http://leo.riohondo.edu/corrections/corr265/corr265u6.htm
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...pDvhhK&sig=AHIEtbSQHz-ixNNQIrwtPxUxfC8EYKUN4g

Pensfan
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

Fixated pedophiles like Sandusky (yes, he also raped children, but there was more to his pathological behavior) seek affection and acceptance from children like healthy adults seek attention and affection from other adults.

Pensfan

I interned at the federal public defender's office one summer during law school. I saw first hand the "affection and acceptance" these fixated pedophiles seek from children. I just wish I could get the sound of their screams and the sight of their terrified faces, out of my mind.

People seeking affection and attention from children don't molest terrified children and stalk them as they hide in a closet or run away to their grandparent's homes to get away from the abuser. I've never heard of anal rape as a good means of gaining acceptance.

I respect psychology but sometimes I think it goes way too far in trying to pathologize and prove the treatability of certain "disorders".

I interned at the federal public defender's office one summer during law school. I saw first hand the "affection and acceptance" these fixated pedophiles seek from children. I just wish I could get the sound of their screams and the sight of their terrified faces, out of my mind.

People seeking affection and attention from children don't molest terrified children and stalk them as they hide in a closet or run away to their grandparent's homes to get away from the abuser. I've never heard of anal rape as a good means of gaining acceptance.

I respect psychology but sometimes I think it goes way too far in trying to pathologize and prove the treatability of certain "disorders".

BBM
I agree, but I don't think stating that fixated pedophiles seek affection from children is trying to prove that they are treatable. It is just a spooky fact.

Mentally healthy adults do not seek sexual affection from children. Children cannot be considered able to give their consent to a larger and more powerful human. That is why pedophilia is considered in psychology to be a pathological, abnormal sexual disorder which can cause harm to others. There are many disorders that are not acceptably "treatable" and may never be treatable. Regardless of what internal medicine residency trained Dr. Drew states (no, he isn't a psychiatrist), pedophilia is still at the top of that list. (Avoid watching his program when he discusses pedophiles or interviews them. It is scary.)

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...pDvhhK&sig=AHIEtbSQHz-ixNNQIrwtPxUxfC8EYKUN4g

Pensfan

This passage from your first reference sounds mighty familiar:

"The fixated is the SEDUCTION MOLESTER who may have a strong and exclusive sexual interest in children. The feel “in love" with the children who they molest and lure them with gifts, activities, and individual attention. The offender is keenly aware of and exploit the wants and needs of children. The offenders are usually good talkers and listeners. They may gradually lower the child’s resistance. This offender often targets needy or neglected children. He may be molesting several victims at the same time."

Fair enough. You may be totally right. Sandusky may only be sentenced to 20 years and paroled after 10. But I have yet to hear one legal expert agree with that assessment. So, for now, I am going to believe the legal experts that have expounded on this case, rather than a blogger named J.J. Phila, no matter how nice, or informed, that blogger may be.

Gitana, how may of these legal experts actually deal with PA law? How many deal have looked at it? How many have looked at sentencing patterns with similar cases?

You'll note in that blog that there was one cited that insisted there was not enough evidence for charges on Victim 6. The AG, who he criticized for being slow in prosecuting, brought them. The judge said there was enough and sent them to the jury.

Today, I am very happy that I ignored that expert. He wasn't the only one at the time.

Now, there are links posted to how judges, in PA, in similar cases. There is also a link posted for what the sentencing guidelines in PA are. Now, those might not make you feel good, but they are accurate.

If the judge follows the sentencing guidelines (as most do), a person with no priors would get 60 months for IDSI. The chart is here: http://www.penn-law.com/lawyer-attorney-1831194.html

I'm assuming that some will be larger and that the maximum penalty on one charge, or 4 consecutively, will be given, but based on living in this state for my entire life, and having seen much worse sexual abuse, I don't expect 200 years. The prosecutors know this, and the defense knows this. I would be overly surprised if 20-25 years will be acceptable to the AG.

As pointed out, Sandusky was not convicted of rape, which is a crime of violence. What he did was out of lust, and his libido was a factor. Rapist generally do not write creepy love letters begging their victims to see them, after they cut off contact. They will take more direct means; they don't stop when their victim says no.

Also note that his "peak time," as it were, was before he turned 60; it trailed off, too slowly, but it trailed off. That pattern is there. He needs to be monitored, tightly, but nature will be taking its course.

You have yet to cite one case, however, where all charges were consecutive. I've indicated that I'd expect 1 or 2 to consecutive, and when half the sentence is served, the person is eligible for parole.

And yes, there was one aggravated charge that was dismissed; it isn't a factor in sentencing.

On this, there might be other factor, priors and level of violence; it also might be IDSI with a child, which has a maximum of 40 years. From the account, we can't tell.

Well, what you posted is not the the guidelines; a link was posted a few pages ago. The guidelines say ten years; the site says that judges follow the guidelines 99% of the time. If that's the case, Sandusky is out on parole by 79, if everything is concurrent. I'm expecting one or two consecutive sentences, maybe, but at best 15 years before parole.

I'm not overly worried about a guy that's monitored, late 70's to mid 80's, who has been in prison for a decade or more.

I think, because his victims were children and therefore much younger than he, it's easy to say an old man doesn't pose a real threat-- unless, of course, you were raped by him.

I hope the Commonwealth offers its law abiding citizens the guarantee they will not have to watch out for the likes of Jerry Sandusky ever again. :moo:

"Although the tape was released without Matt's knowledge or permission, it illustrates that he made the difficult decision to come forward and tell the painful truth to investigators despite extraordinary pressure to support his father," lawyers Justine Andronici and Andrew Shubin wrote in a statement.
http://www.wtae.com/news/local/Sand...use/-/9681086/15285514/-/rj4eh9z/-/index.html

The Today Show broadcast MS's statements without asking MS's permission? Uhhh...he's a victim of Sandusky, receiving therapy/treatment for sexual abuse, and that makes this really crappy! Who gave the Today Show this tape? MS's attorneys? LE? I apologize if this was discussed this morning and I missed it.

The judge is, rightly, up in arms over it. Shubin probably wouldn't. I can't an angle for Amendola doing it. Anyone? Someone at the AG's Office might, to really show how degenerate Sandusky was, but violating a court order isn't their style.

Someone on staff, for money?

I think, because his victims were children and therefore much younger than he, it's easy to say an old man doesn't pose a real threat-- unless, of course, you were raped by him.

I hope the Commonwealth offers its law abiding citizens the guarantee they will not have to watch out for the likes of Jerry Sandusky ever again. :moo:

A harmless old "Uncle Jer," sure. After all this, no way. Even if he'd win an appeal, and and be acquitted on retrial (which has a zero percent chance), he's marked for life.

Respectfully snipped by me:

I am. Child molesters don't stop until they are imprisoned or die. Maybe he would be monitored, but with family members (mostly) still in full-on denial mode, he very well could still have access to children. Maybe he would no longer have the energy for all those weekend trips & sleepovers, but I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that he would still feel the compulsion to have inappropriate contact with young boys regardless of his age.

So true.

I hope the judge will keep this in mind when sentencing Sandusky.

JS should never ever have access to a child again...not even his own grandchildren.

Thank you for your excellent research.

Pennsylvania has indeed become much tougher on pedophiles in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa