Found Alive People Magazine April 19th

53403604.jpg

I would like to know who the others are who have come forward...not names, just which photos. The ones I have seen that have come forward openly look very different after all of these years. With the exception of family and friends, I bet many of them would not be recognised. IOW, no reason for them not to just take the pics down or put a beautiful "IDENTIFIED" banner across the pics.

This is going to sound mighty cold and cynical, but just because someone has come forward to say "That's me!" doesn't mean they are telling the truth. A story of a close encounter with a serial killer and then finding yourself in his photos decades later is a powerfully interesting anecdote to tell people. These events happened a long time ago and people tempted to tell lies might feel they are unlikely to be caught out, and if they are caught out there are unlikely to be consequences as they can argue that yes they did get photographed, they were just mistaken about that particular image of someone who looks like them but isn't them, and Alcala must have thrown their picture away.

So I can understand the police not being in a hurry to take down pictures.

You have a point there. Or even a sympathizer of Alcala claiming to be in one of the pictures just to eliminate it.

there's a good chance that a lot of those women don't even remember their photos being taken, or forgot about it until now. Some of them may never be identified, but my sense is that it's very unlikely that all of those women were murdered. Some, possibly...and some may have died since then for other reasons like illness etc.

I'm new to ws and have been trying to keep up with the Alcala case. I didn't get to purchase a copy of the People Magazine that featured this article and pictures. Is there a site that has pictures of the jewelry he kept other than just in the magazine? Thank you!

sorry to quote myself guys..but I ran across this lady and her blog. Thought I would share with everyone!
http://www.lovefraud.com/blog/2010/04/10/lets-do-something-about-psychopaths-like-rodney-alcala/

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crime.junkie
Back