People Magazine Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
otto said:
Here's the link to their purchasing information: http://www.coach.com/cservice/FaqTemplate.aspx?faq_id=2

"Once you place an order with coach.com, we will provide you with a confirmation number and summary of your order. In addition, we will send you an order confirmation email within one hour. "
Good sleuthing, Otto. Is there an option to receive a faxed confirmation?

Taximom said:
Good sleuthing, Otto. Is there an option to receive a faxed confirmation?

There is this option: "Can I fax or mail my online order?
Yes. Please process your order online and print the Mail/Fax order form where prompted. You can either mail it to Coach at the specified address or fax it to the number indicated at the bottom of the form."

This option would be used if someone was going to mail or fax the purchase request to them. If it was ordered from Coach.com, then someone would have had to request that it be faxed rather than emailed, but that doesn't jump out as an option as far as I can see.

jilly said:
Confirmation within one hour !!!

Good point. That definitely means that somewhere, while on the road, Jason decided to order this purse between his business meeting and going to see his parents. Who stops to do that in the middle of their travels? He could have waited until he got to his parents place to order the purse.

otto said:
There is this option: "Can I fax or mail my online order?
Yes. Please process your order online and print the Mail/Fax order form where prompted. You can either mail it to Coach at the specified address or fax it to the number indicated at the bottom of the form."

This option would be used if someone was going to mail or fax the purchase request to them. If it was ordered from Coach.com, then someone would have had to request that it be faxed rather than emailed, but that doesn't jump out as an option as far as I can see.
So one can fax their order TO Coach, but there's no clear option to have a confirmation faxed to you.

Someone a few threads back diagnosed the fax possibilities but I'm not searching for it now! lol My little brain can't figure out how you have a confirmation print out via fax to a distant pc/printer. :waitasec:

This is going to be oh-so-interesting when all the details eventually become public.

Taximom said:
So one can fax their order TO Coach, but there's no clear option to have a confirmation faxed to you.

Someone a few threads back diagnosed the fax possibilities but I'm not searching for it now! lol My little brain can't figure out how you have a confirmation print out via fax to a distant pc/printer. :waitasec:

This is going to be oh-so-interesting when all the details eventually become public.

The complete remark about ordering is as follows:

"How will I know Coach received my online order?
Once you place an order with coach.com, we will provide you with a confirmation number and summary of your order. In addition, we will send you an order confirmation email within one hour. If you do not receive your confirmation information within 24 hours, feel free to call Coach Consumer Service at 1-888-262-6224, to confirm that Coach has received your order."

There is absolutely nothing about faxing. I think that many people don't have a fax machine at home (I don't) so it wouldn't be a standard option.

I guess, in terms of having a fax sent to a remote printer, someone would enter their home fax number as the place where it has to be sent. Jason didn't need to have this faxed.

Oh, and you're absolutely right. Jason had the option of filling out the paperwork online and printing it out so he could fax or mail it to the company at a later time.

packerdog said:
In the article it said that Meredith was asked by JY to fetch a receipt for a purse that JY planned to give MY as a gift. This is very odd to me. First of all I think most women buy/pick out their own handbags. Second of all she would know how much it costs. My husband wouldn't have a clue what kind of handbag to buy me. I handle the finances, pay the bills and so on. I would also know the price of the handbag. This is the most fishy excuse I have heard.
I don't buy it either. Was Michelle that type of person anyway, who would be interested in an expensive handbag, or would she want the money spent on Cassidy? She was also expecting another child and would be thinking of things for the baby, not herself!

I will tell you from experience - the worst gift in the world a man can buy his wife is a purse - she will accept it and appreciate the thought but... It will never, ever, be the right one no matter if you ask her friends about it or not! Her friends may know her or may see what they like but this will not work either.

Someone mentioned a purse being very personal - I went shopping with my wife one time for a purse and spent at least an hour watching in pure amazement. What I thought was nice, (not saying a word), she passed over very quickly. There are just some things which should be totally left off the gift list - a purse is one. Way too many things to consider ! :)

raisincharlie said:
I will tell you from experience - the worst gift in the world a man can buy his wife is a purse - she will accept it and appreciate the thought but... It will never, ever, be the right one no matter if you ask her friends about it or not! Her friends may know her or may see what they like but this will not work either.

Someone mentioned a purse being very personal - I went shopping with my wife one time for a purse and spent at least an hour watching in pure amazement. What I thought was nice, (not saying a word), she passed over very quickly. There are just some things which should be totally left off the gift list - a purse is one. Way too many things to consider ! :)

Exactly, it takes me hours to find the right one.

What was he going to put in the purse, IOU's? If they were having financial problems, the last thing I think they would buy is an expensive purse. If MY was planning on cutting her work hours to stay at home, I don't think she would ask for an expensive purse. A new diaper bag maybe.

:twocents: I think they may have been living the yuppie good life so to speak. And don't forget Michelle was planning on going with the girls on that spa weekend and those weekends aren't cheap. That was before Christmas and the new baby and the suggested plan to scale back on her hours at work.

close_enough said:
the issue is dated Janauary 22nd....it arrived on the news-stands here in TN yesterday, January12th....you won't be able to miss it...it has WHO KILLED MICHELLE? in bold yellow letters on the cover....
I picked it up yesterday and it is a good article, and even better photos. Jason sure doesn't come across in a good light though, especially regarding his lack of cooperation with LE.

I was in the supermarket yesterday and forgot all about buying it! :doh:

jilly said:
I was in the supermarket yesterday and forgot all about buying it! :doh:
You really should get it, even though the information in the article is the same as what we already know, the pictures of Michelle and Cassidy are great. :)

Ooooh... am 'bout to go to sleep, jilly-girl.... but wow .... if you or ANYone could scan the page/article, would be great .... otherwise er, .... a few snippets here 'n there ....ehem, would be just as warmly acknowledged as a Godsend :D

Blessings to all: 'Night... Polk :)

Taximom said:
Aw, you got my hopes up! I'm not a current subscriber....rats.
Sorry Taximom, but I thought it might help those who can't find one at the store, or get to a store! ;)

panthera said:
You really should get it, even though the information in the article is the same as what we already know, the pictures of Michelle and Cassidy are great. :)

Oh I plan to get it tomorrow panthera!

Annie - if you want I can send you your own copy if you want to pm me your address. Otherwise I can try and scan it for you if you pm me your email?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member