People Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anonymity should be a personal choice. If she chose to remain anonymous, I would back her 100%, just as I support her decision to show her face to the public.

She finally has her real name back. Maybe this is a step in the right direction for claiming her real identity back. Perhaps she feels she has been hidden away long enough. 18 years long enough.

Just as the way you see someone you love in a soft light, I already know, that no matter what her picture looks like, I will recognize her as beautiful.

To have the strength and courage to endure what she has, automatically makes one beautiful, in my eyes.

Smart blond your post just brought tears to my eyes. It's exactly how I feel but could not put into words.
:blowkiss:

I think perhaps the title of this post should be amended to indicate that it includes the picture, since it seems there are maybe a few folks who do not feel right about seeing it.

(above respectfully snipped by smart blonde)...

Well, if folks "do not feel right about seeing it", they better stay out of the grocery and drug stores for the next week, because the cover of People magazine will be right in front of them at the check-out stands.

They should avoid turning on their television sets, also, as the picture is all over the news this week. Might want to stay off the Internet, too.

The sooner folks stop thinking Jaycee should be "hidden away", the sooner folks will realize that Jaycee has nothing to be ashamed of.

Jaycee has every reason to be proud of herself. I know I am proud of her, and I have never even met her!

Can't you see that the attitude of being 'embarrassed' for rape survivors, is what makes it so hard for rape survivors to come forward? Just one reason so many rapists and other sex offenders are never even arrested, let alone brought to trial.

This is Jaycee's choice to come forward. I feel I owe her the respect of not treating her like she is a dirty little secret. She is a brave, strong woman.

She has every reason to hold her head high.

this is easily the best thread and collection of posts so far in the jaycee forum. you guys are awesome ;)

I just hope she is WELL compensated and that the money can give her freedom to do the things she and her daughters have been denied!!

I'm going to guess her picture and interview is the most highly compensated article People has done. And I'm guessing this issue of People will be a huge seller. It's great that it's all going to her and her children.

I'm going to guess her picture and interview is the most highly compensated article People has done. And I'm guessing this issue of People will be a huge seller. It's great that it's all going to her and her children.

She didn't give an interview, but my guess is she was compensated for the photos.

I'm so happy for her!

I love that she says she's happy and hope she makes a lot of money from photos and future articles and books to help her and her daughters with therapy, schooling, etc.

She didn't give an interview, but my guess is she was compensated for the photos.

No interview or statement? How Playboy like. I don't read People. So People just published a few pictures of her? People had to write something? Did they just rehash her story? Arg, now I have to go look.

Oh Sweet Girl is so stunning I am crying and smilling and I cant take my eyes of her.
Terry Probyn must be thinking she is in a dream....Sweet dreams Terry :)

JC is ridding horses, cooking meals and thinking of collaborating on a book. :woohoo::woohoo:
"I AM SO HAPPY" Those words from her make me happy to...
I doubt she was able to say that for a long time :)

SHE IS LOVELY no make up just a natural beauty.
She will do well as time goes on....She will..Oh Yes.

And I think she will go places both in her healing and in her being a figure for change.
Bless her heart, and her kids. :blowkiss:

PS......AGE PROGRESSION WAS GREAT JOB .....I did not expect her looking this well.....Wonderful surprise..

:woohoo:

No interview or statement? How Playboy like. I don't read People. So People just published a few pictures of her? People had to write something? Did they just rehash her story? Arg, now I have to go look.

She did give a statement but no interview.

just my opinion but im going to assume her statement goes beyond 'im so happy to be back"

Hold on one second missy, the People cover says:

"ONLY In People - The inside story of how the California kidnap survivor is loving life with her family and recovering from her 18-year ordeal".

Are you saying this is wrong?

Now living in seclusion with her mom, Terry Probyn, 50, and the two daughters – Angel, 15, and Starlit, 11 – fathered by her alleged kidnapper, Phillip Garrido, Dugard, 29, has begun the slow process of recovery. She rides horses, cooks meals and is thinking of collaborating on a book.

They have switched the ages on the two girls compared to their last article. IIRC we have heard about horses before in this story as well ;)

Arg. I see where this is going. Let's "nip this in the bud" before the semantic argument between "statements" and "interview" goes further.

I honestly do not understand why anyone would not want to see Jaycee's picture considering she herself posed for the picture. It's not like the paparazzi snooped her out and sold the pic to the Enquirer.

exactly

She is beautiful inside and out. I hope People paid out Millions for that photo and I hope Jaycee and her children buy something they have always dreamed about with the money.

She looks wonderful!!! I can't wait to read the article.

I honestly do not understand why anyone would not want to see Jaycee's picture considering she herself posed for the picture. It's not like the paparazzi snooped her out and sold the pic to the Enquirer.

Unfortunately, it appears her children are still paparazzi game. I hope they have a game plan for the children. (And it better not be the MJ mask thing). Pardon the "game" pun.

She is beautiful inside and out. I hope People paid out Millions for that photo and I hope Jaycee and her children buy something they have always dreamed about with the money.

maybe a horse ranch :dance:

With what all she went through, and where she was living I was really expecting her to look much older, but it looks like she is doing well all things considered. What a very lovely, and strong lady she turned out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member