Person doing a backbend or hanging upside down in dense foliage

Even with the "bridge", what is getting me is the stretch in the neck...and at the base of the adams apple I think I see a double line...is anyone else seeing this?

I'm hoping LE thinks he was alive in this photo. I doubt they'd knowingly release post-mortems to the public without proper warning. It's certainly possible Alcala was taking fetish photos involving ropes, though, and equally likely his jeans were down. I do think those are his denim-covered legs because the angle would be all wrong if that was someone else standing nearby and facing him.

Hi I have been lurking for a long time and just wanted to add something. I have been wondering why the police posted these certain pix.I read They had I think 900 photos but couldnt post the others because they were explicit.

What I was wondering is if they posted for instance-this pic of the man doing the backbend but maybe there were other pix of this person much worse-maybe even violent and they want this person identified because of what is in those other pix?Am I making sense?

Its obvious he didnt kill every person in these pix because some have come forward that they are alive.But I have to wonder why they posted this one?You cant see his/her face or any distinguishing marks really.

Just a weird choice to put out to the public. JMHO

I guess we need to find out if there have been any bodies found in such a weird position. Otherwise I think the identification potential of this photograph is low. If the person is alive and sees himself he might give LE a call but I doubt that he'd want to come public with his story if he was making bridges in the bushes while unzippered.

I'm hoping LE thinks he was alive in this photo. I doubt they'd knowingly release post-mortems to the public without proper warning. It's certainly possible Alcala was taking fetish photos involving ropes, though, and equally likely his jeans were down. I do think those are his denim-covered legs because the angle would be all wrong if that was someone else standing nearby and facing him.

You make a good point. I don't think any of photos released show a person that was dead at the time the photo was taken. If LE had done that, I'm sure we would have been warned.

Hi I have been lurking for a long time and just wanted to add something. I have been wondering why the police posted these certain pix.I read They had I think 900 photos but couldnt post the others because they were explicit.

What I was wondering is if they posted for instance-this pic of the man doing the backbend but maybe there were other pix of this person much worse-maybe even violent and they want this person identified because of what is in those other pix?Am I making sense?

Its obvious he didnt kill every person in these pix because some have come forward that they are alive.But I have to wonder why they posted this one?You cant see his/her face or any distinguishing marks really.

Just a weird choice to put out to the public. JMHO

Welcome!

I hope they can find the time to do cropped up- cleaned out versions of the too graphic photos. It seems to me that if there are dead people in the photos they're the ones that need identifying the most. But perhaps the police have other, professional venues to try and identify victims of crimes past. If most of these people are alive the public is their best bet because many of the people wouldn't have come into LE attention.

I agree that you can't really identify this person by looks alone if they don't know who to suspect at all but I suppose they're hoping that somebody will stand up and say, yes, I remember Alcala doing weird stuff in a forest that looks just like that and the person in the photo looks a bit like X who was involved with Alcala back then.

Even with the "bridge", what is getting me is the stretch in the neck...and at the base of the adams apple I think I see a double line...is anyone else seeing this?

I see it, but I think it's just the funny way neck wrinkles look when you're looking at them upside down.

I assume the back bend in the underbrush is just to be arty. Or maybe so nobody else can see them, if the person is topless or unzipped.

I agree that identifying this person, from this photo alone, is probably just about impossible. There's not enough of a face visible for comparison and there doesn't appear to be anything that points to a specific period of time.

Someone might be able to look at the plants and say "Hey, that's a Greenus Plantus, native to and found primarily in New Jersey!"

It is weird to look at people upside down.
It's also hard to tell what we're really seeing because of the play of light and shadow through the foliage.
It should be noted that the image loses some clarity as it is enlarged.

I do think this person is alive but he really does not seem to be enjoying whatever is going on, IMO.

Me. I said it in Post #7, B. Only I thought it looked like a hole. However now I think it's a bruise. One that you would get when someone choked you.

Definately I am appreciating everyone's posts and sleuthing. My gut tells me this is a person not on this earth anymore. Weather it's a sex position or not whoever they are I am praying they didn't suffer too, too much.

It just looks like a guy doing a backbend to me -- I suspect the weird cropping is because he has his jeans unzipped.

I must of missed it, but how do we know his pants are unzipped? I'm not seeing it in the pics. Sorry.

I think this pic is awfully close in resemblance to pic number 109 with the red hair and bushy eye brows. Anyone else see the resemblance?

I must of missed it, but how do we know his pants are unzipped? I'm not seeing it in the pics. Sorry.

We don't know. I was speculating that the picture could have been cropped that way because something we didn't want to see was, y'know, sticking up into the view.

I'm fifty-fifty on the sex of this person. The shoulders and neck look masculine to me. The legs and the pose look like the kind of thing the dancer would do. The underarms are neutral -- in the late 60's and early 70's, lots of women didn't shave their underarms and legs.

The one plant looks like a sumac. I'm seeing shoulder-length brown hair touching the ground. I agree it seems like a woman - "fleshy."

Two contradictory observations - it seems like a guy because we have at least one example of a woman who appeared to be completely unclothed (helmet girl) but actually I think she's the only example where we are fairly sure - others are just cropped at the chest and we don't know whether their bottom parts are covered or not.

On the other hand, if this was a guy, it seems that they could have cropped the picture further back, showing more of his chest. Generally speaking when we have doubted the gender of a picture if it is cropped at the chest the person has turned out to be a woman. If I remember correctly, this was confirmed in at least one instance by LE (re: the girl against the blue sheet). I think it may also have been mentioned in the case of the short-haired strawberry blonde but am not sure.

Two contradictory observations - it seems like a guy because we have at least one example of a woman who appeared to be completely unclothed (helmet girl) but actually I think she's the only example where we are fairly sure - others are just cropped at the chest and we don't know whether their bottom parts are covered or not.

On the other hand, if this was a guy, it seems that they could have cropped the picture further back, showing more of his chest. Generally speaking when we have doubted the gender of a picture if it is cropped at the chest the person has turned out to be a woman. If I remember correctly, this was confirmed in at least one instance by LE (re: the girl against the blue sheet). I think it may also have been mentioned in the case of the short-haired strawberry blonde but am not sure.

I go back and forth on the gender of this person!
Like carbuff said, the arms and shoulders look masuline.
The underarm hair also makes me think this is a man.

However, the eyes (especially the eyelashes) look feminine.
The cropping also makes me wonder.

As far as the hair on the head, it could go either way.
Because of the shadow on the throat, I'm not sure what I'm seeing there.

I can argue with myself for either gender for each point above.
(girls can have hairy underarms, guys can have feminine eyelashes,etc.)

Is there someone we can ask in regards to the gender of this person?

I can almost see an adam's apple. Is this my imagination?

I think this pic is awfully close in resemblance to pic number 109 with the red hair and bushy eye brows. Anyone else see the resemblance?

Which site are you getting the numbers from?

Although we dont normally see girls with such hair under their arms, I think it is very possible a woman could grow hair like that, im linking a few photos below that show similar under arm hair.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/women hairy armpit/jg_65/hairy_woman_armpit_photo.jpg

http://www.outwithme.com/public/2008/chic/pictures/img_0372.jpg

To me it just seems like this person is a woman - if you look at this photo http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thu...oto_9599509-flexible-girl-doing-back-bend.jpg and compare it to this on http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/20...8DD39B82616868635CE641D8ECD8877997512DFCEB0B4 it looks like when womendo a back bend it seems a little fleshy around the breast area but when a man does a back bend it seems to flatten the chest area.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back