Person doing a backbend or hanging upside down in dense foliage

Two parts of a white object with space between them.
My apologies if I don't see "an object". In my opinion "the white thing" is just distortion caused by over-zooming the image, hence the edges you see... (Pixelation is the correct terminology, if i'm not mistaken)...and, what to me, looks like the sclera... Maybe you could try to upload bigger and better resolution images?! It's hard to tell from such small images. MOO JMO

My apologies if I don't see "an object". In my opinion "the white thing" is just distortion caused by over-zooming the image, hence the edges you see... (Pixelation is the correct terminology, if i'm not mistaken)...and, what to me, looks like the sclera... Maybe you could try to upload bigger and better resolution images?! It's hard to tell from such small images. MOO JMO
You mean an artifact caused by enlarging and changing settings. I don't think that's the case. Let me see if I can make a better pic.

You mean an artifact caused by enlarging and changing settings. I don't think that's the case. Let me see if I can make a better pic.
Zooming small areas of an image can make it difficult to interpret. If you zoom in a low resolution image all you get are tiny squares. I see what you see, but i'm positive it's pixelation and not an object stuck in the eye. If you enlarge the eye area you can see that both eyes get the same level and pattern of distortion. The left eye just seems a little more distorted than the right one, imo. Maybe due to the angle the photo was taken, or the position of the head, or it is in fact swollen or out of the socket.

I suffer from pareidolia, so sometimes zooming in too much is not the best option. I first observe the images from a distance and from different angles, covering one eye at a time. And then I gradually zoom in, adjusting the exposure, saturation, etc.
Zooming in that area of the image the way you did it, all i can see is an olive in a toothpick (most likely the iris of the eye and the stem of a plant).

Perhaps we will have to agree to disagree on this one!

MOO JMOO

Zooming small areas of an image can make it difficult to interpret. If you zoom in a low resolution image all you get are tiny squares. I see what you see, but i'm positive it's pixelation and not an object stuck in the eye. If you enlarge the eye area you can see that both eyes get the same level and pattern of distortion. The left eye just seems a little more distorted than the right one, imo. Maybe due to the angle the photo was taken, or the position of the head, or it is in fact swollen or out of the socket.

I suffer from pareidolia, so sometimes zooming in too much is not the best option. I first observe the images from a distance and from different angles, covering one eye at a time. And then I gradually zoom in, adjusting the exposure, saturation, etc.
Zooming in that area of the image the way you did it, all i can see is an olive in a toothpick (most likely the iris of the eye and the stem of a plant).

Perhaps we will have to agree to disagree on this one!

MOO JMOO
There's blood coming out of the left eye that streamed on the forehead. It indicates a puncture wound.

There's blood coming out of the left eye that streamed on the forehead. It indicates a puncture wound.
I see a strand of hair crossing the face from the left side of the forehead down to the right cheek. In which canthus of the eye do you see blood?

I see a strand of hair crossing the face from the left side of the forehead down to the right cheek. In which canthus of the eye do you see blood?
That's no hair, but something string like. I mistook the blood coming from the eye. It's coming from a puncture wound on the forhead.

Anyways, the person has brown eyes. That's the lower part of the iris we see as the eyes roll back in the eye sockets (due to passing out I presume).

Anyways, the person has brown eyes. That's the lower part of the iris we see as the eyes roll back in the eye sockets (due to passing out I presume).
And no eyelashes! At least on the right eye.
Plus a strange discrepancy in size between the legs. Either left one atrophied and or right one swollen.

It's been years ago and many pages back on this thread, so I'll risk repeating myself. I'm still voting for the streaks being blood trails. YMMV, of course.

Attachments

• Unhappy_Trails.jpg
    Unhappy_Trails.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 32
In looking at the high-res version of the photo, IMO, the streak across the face is the shadow of the hair hanging next to/in front of the face. I'm having a hard time describing it, but there's a separation in the streak that matches and the edge of the shadow gets fuzzy, unlike something actually on the face (hair or a blood streak).

That's a better quality version of that shot than what I've had up to now. Thanks for posting it.

The biggest dark line now looks like hair. The smaller streaks have simply vanished in this version. Perhaps they were artifacts.

Attachments

• alcala-2-crop.jpg
    alcala-2-crop.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 18
In looking at the high-res version of the photo, IMO, the streak across the face is the shadow of the hair hanging next to/in front of the face. I'm having a hard time describing it, but there's a separation in the streak that matches and the edge of the shadow gets fuzzy, unlike something actually on the face (hair or a blood streak).

Thanks for the photo! It's definitely the best res i've seen so far!
Looking at it, i noticed a red spot on the right knee... a blood stain? There's also what it seems to be a scar on the right eyebrow tail.
Another thing i noticed is how long the hair is. The way it's lying on the ground and the angle of the head, i believe this person was hung by the waist and was most likely passed out or dead.
As to the streak across the face, i'm really convinced it's a strand of hair. It matches in color and texture.

MOO JMO

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 17.29.29.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 17.29.29.png
    197.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 17.31.04.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 17.31.04.png
    323.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 17.32.39.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 17.32.39.png
    75.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 17.35.11.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 17.35.11.png
    84.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 18.03.14.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 18.03.14.png
    764.6 KB · Views: 27
This is what I think. About 1 cm of cropping on the top of the picture. Exactly where the crotch would be. The legs are the person's which is a tall, slender but not skinny male with brown eyes. And a long face with weak chin and an upturned nose.

The head is resting on a wooden pallet of sorts. The hands and feet are obscured on purpose. But the right foot is actually in a broken metal bucket with green patina.

The focus is on the arching of the body.

The face is obscured to avoid recognition.

Between the legs, amongst other things, is a masonry arch in the background and a fence like structure before it. Plus the wooden pole.

This to me doesn't feel like Alcala at all. Since I think he may have met William Richard Bradford at the sit in I'm looking into Bradford re this picture. He's accused of murdering a homosexual man.

He inserted a metal wire coat hanger in a female victim's throat. Luckily she got away and survived. Bradford lived in Illinois and Michigan which is consistent with Akebia quinata and Prickly ash. That needle in the armpit is imo not Alcala at all. Then again Alcala could have had a totally different accomplice.

My three cents

Thanks for the photo! It's definitely the best res i've seen so far!
Looking at it, i noticed a red spot on the right knee... a blood stain? There's also what it seems to be a scar on the right eyebrow tail.
Another thing i noticed is how long the hair is. The way it's lying on the ground and the angle of the head, i believe this person was hung by the waist and was most likely passed out or dead.
As to the streak across the face, i'm really convinced it's a strand of hair. It matches in color and texture.

MOO JMO
I also noticed the length of the hair! It looks comparable to my length, which is long enough to put in my pockets...but this person looks long-limbed and the hair may only have fallen mid-back for all we can tell!

I don't see any evidence this person experienced anything violent so I can't say for sure whether or not I believe they're alive or dead -- none of us can make that judgment for sure based on this picture alone. I will say I've seen photos of living people who are looking away from the camera with their eyes partially obscured and it gives me the heebie-jeebies like this picture. We don't like it when the pupil is obscured, I think it messes with our instincts.

I rotated the picture and it was somehow even creepier...fair warning for those who haven't done that yet. I did, however, realize how far closed the eyes are. A person upside down should have their eyelids fall open wider. It seems like this person may have had their eyes closed and they fell partially open. In which case, they weren't holding their eyes closed...

Or, Alcala could have caught the subject mid-blink and we're all overthinking their expression. Doing a cursory Google image search of mid-blink pictures, the expression certainly could match those (see: the Elon Musk picture).

I still can't determine the sex of this person. The width of the neck reads male, but the body/facial hair reads female to me, especially focusing on the sideburn and chin line. I'm not sure this person was so androgynous in other situations (it may just be this photo) so I don't think anyone searching for a person-match should limit themselves when looking.

I wonder if any other pictures were taken. Lots of Alcala's subjects had multiple photos taken.

The only thing we can really determine from this photo is that it's a head scratcher.

This is what I think. About 1 cm of cropping on the top of the picture. Exactly where the crotch would be. The legs are the person's which is a tall, slender but not skinny male with brown eyes. And a long face with weak chin and an upturned nose.

The head is resting on a wooden pallet of sorts. The hands and feet are obscured on purpose. But the right foot is actually in a broken metal bucket with green patina.

The focus is on the arching of the body.

The face is obscured to avoid recognition.

Between the legs, amongst other things, is a masonry arch in the background and a fence like structure before it. Plus the wooden pole.

This to me doesn't feel like Alcala at all. Since I think he may have met William Richard Bradford at the sit in I'm looking into Bradford re this picture. He's accused of murdering a homosexual man.

He inserted a metal wire coat hanger in a female victim's throat. Luckily she got away and survived. Bradford lived in Illinois and Michigan which is consistent with Akebia quinata and Prickly ash. That needle in the armpit is imo not Alcala at all. Then again Alcala could have had a totally different accomplice.

My three cents
I admire your dedication to this thread, @Daphne1972, but, unfortunately , i can't see all the things you see.
A masonry arch between the legs??? What photograph are you looking at? I see leaves and and a piece of bark, maybe?
The left foot i can see the shoe toe, but on the right foot i see no "metal bucket with green patina"... only leaves.

MOO JMO

I also noticed the length of the hair! It looks comparable to my length, which is long enough to put in my pockets...but this person looks long-limbed and the hair may only have fallen mid-back for all we can tell!

I don't see any evidence this person experienced anything violent so I can't say for sure whether or not I believe they're alive or dead -- none of us can make that judgment for sure based on this picture alone. I will say I've seen photos of living people who are looking away from the camera with their eyes partially obscured and it gives me the heebie-jeebies like this picture. We don't like it when the pupil is obscured, I think it messes with our instincts.

I rotated the picture and it was somehow even creepier...fair warning for those who haven't done that yet. I did, however, realize how far closed the eyes are. A person upside down should have their eyelids fall open wider. It seems like this person may have had their eyes closed and they fell partially open. In which case, they weren't holding their eyes closed...

Or, Alcala could have caught the subject mid-blink and we're all overthinking their expression. Doing a cursory Google image search of mid-blink pictures, the expression certainly could match those (see: the Elon Musk picture).

I still can't determine the sex of this person. The width of the neck reads male, but the body/facial hair reads female to me, especially focusing on the sideburn and chin line. I'm not sure this person was so androgynous in other situations (it may just be this photo) so I don't think anyone searching for a person-match should limit themselves when looking.

I wonder if any other pictures were taken. Lots of Alcala's subjects had multiple photos taken.

The only thing we can really determine from this photo is that it's a head scratcher.
The only reason I believe this person is unconscious (or worse) is the fact that the legs seem to be very loose, as if hanging down. The creases on the back side of the knees should be tighter, imo. Unless, of course, this person was a professional gymnast or contortionist.
I'm attaching two photos for comparison.
MOO JMOO

ETA: I agree with everything you said.

Attachments

• 61EEUUx4YGL._AC_SL1001_.jpg
    61EEUUx4YGL._AC_SL1001_.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 3
  • image-asset.jpeg
    image-asset.jpeg
    55.7 KB · Views: 3

Members online

Online statistics

Members online