Personal Reports from Members about the Crime Scene

Thanks for your first hand account of the area and the size of where they cleared it out. Maybe they didn't need to strip the entire thing like they did in the area directly surrounding the body. It doesn't mean they didn't search the entire area only that they didn't take it back to the bare roots.

Did you happen to notice what the area behind the school looked like? This is what I think Kio was actually referring to when she spoke of where they hung out instead of the swampy area where Caylee was found.

The Meter reader acknowledged the school was part of his route at the time and would make it more plausible he would be aware of the place he could relieve himself without being seen. (Btw~ most chain link fences I see don't rust.)

I was so out of sorts when I was there that I didn't take notice of the woods behind the school. I had this urgent compulsion to get out of there before I passed out. I actually had my camera with me and planned to take some pictures to post here but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

As for the fence- rust was probably the wrong word. Oxidize is probably better- you know how a new fence is shiny and pretty while an old one is dull and weathered looking? This one is shiny- looks like it could have been erected yesterday (although I know it wasn't).

I have to be in that part of Orlando again on Thursday. Maybe I can better prepare myself and go back and take some pictures and check out the wooded area. With kids in school I might not be able to take pictures of the area behind the school but I can try.

Does anyone have any photos of the area before and after that can be a reference to where she was found? In the photos from the air you can see the persons fence not too far from where you see the blue canopy just inside the woods. At the site a good bit of area from the fence to the woods was stripped away. (no way an acre) I was trying to tell if they totally cleared the area she was found or just the area to the right of it. Was the area that is cleared the way the water took the bones away from the bag? Or the other way around? Just curious.

Respectfully snipped-

The water would have probably carried the bones further into the woods as it receded. I would think the area closer to the road would get more sun and would dry more quickly while deeper in the woods it would remain wet and swampy much longer.

Thanks for your first hand account of the area and the size of where they cleared it out. Maybe they didn't need to strip the entire thing like they did in the area directly surrounding the body. It doesn't mean they didn't search the entire area only that they didn't take it back to the bare roots.

Did you happen to notice what the area behind the school looked like? This is what I think Kio was actually referring to when she spoke of where they hung out instead of the swampy area where Caylee was found.

The Meter reader acknowledged the school was part of his route at the time and would make it more plausible he would be aware of the place he could relieve himself without being seen. (Btw~ most chain link fences I see don't rust.)

I agree with you that the area Kio spoke of as their hanging out place was behind the school and not in a swampy area. From the descriptions above it sounds like the discovery area was a regular illegal dumping ground.

Since it is well known most mom's dispose of their children's bodies very close to home, I wonder why tracking dogs were not used, starting at the home & following them out. I know they did search an area out by the school but I saw LE with dogs in a pretty wide open area with woods on the sides. Why would they not have used dogs from the home to see where they led?

Tim had the S/R dogs there to do that search and the Anthonys would NOT let him have an article of Caylee's clothing to do the search with.They have to have a "scent" to follow or to find. As close as it was, it was very likely he would have found her then. I am convinced they KNEW at that point where she was, or they would have loved to have a search animal on the trail of their granddaughter.

This is interesting in relation to the meter reader. Why couldn't, or didn't, he say what that suspicious round white thing was - if he was only 4-5 feet away from it?

Four or five feet in Florida scrub can be deadly. Most people can't even fathom the things which lurk in that type of scrub. (I can put up my snake pictures from there again if anyone thinks it would be easy) Some areas (which I assume this was like) you HAVE to have a machete just to walk through that distance.

It's a precarious 4-5 feet- but again, I don't think the suspicious round thing was or had anything to do with Caylee.

That area is typical of low lying land in Florida- rich with snakes, spiders, huge bugs and lord knows what else. One year my son lost a $75 football in the woods across the street- that area is very similar to where Caylee was found. I did not allow him to retrieve it until winter when it was less dense and the snakes were hibernating.

It is hard for people who don't live there to visualize that type of heavy scrub.

Could Caylee have been put in one of those drainage pipes and washed up to where she was found?

I don't know much about this sort of stuff, but isn't something like sage supposed to cleanse an area of evil? Maybe someone here knows a lot about what can be done to bring more positive energy there & let little Caylee know she can be at peace.

I don't believe there will be any peace for Caylee until everyone is prosecuted in this case.

An old Indian legend is the soul does not rest until the murder is avenged.

Four or five feet in Florida scrub can be deadly. Most people can't even fathom the things which lurk in that type of scrub. (I can put up my snake pictures from there again if anyone thinks it would be easy) Some areas (which I assume this was like) you HAVE to have a machete just to walk through that distance.

I don't think you understood my post. I was suggesting that the MR can't see anything unless he is no more than 4-5 feet away from it. If he is only 4-5 feet away from a round white thing... he can describe it better than he did.

When TM got there it was the end of August that would have been almost two months later. Could the dogs still get a trail that long and her being most likely bones by then?

You know people may have smelt something but it may not have registered that it would be anything other than a dead animal. No one even knew she was gone for a month to say something smells bad and she is missing maybe it is her. From what I have read things can happen pretty fast and be gone in the right conditions. I do realize all the rain and then it being underwater may have masked the smell, at least from humans.

If they had been given a clothing item with her scent would her alive scent still be there two months later, even if she was never alive at that site. Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Tim had the S/R dogs there to do that search and the Anthonys would NOT let him have an article of Caylee's clothing to do the search with.They have to have a "scent" to follow or to find. As close as it was, it was very likely he would have found her then. I am convinced they KNEW at that point where she was, or they would have loved to have a search animal on the trail of their granddaughter.

I can promise you Tim would have found her. I know the dogs need a scent & the A's refused him. I am wondering why LE on 1st day, when they knew KC was lying, did they not get an article to scent or why the didnt take the cavadar dogs out starting at the A house. If not that, then when the dogs hit in the yard, I would have thought they might do something like this. I know the A's could have refused to give over something with her scent but they could have gotten an order fo it. This was also during the time the A's wanted Le to think they were cooperating so I think they may have given them an article. I have always thought it was just sinful the A's refused to help out Tim in any way. Ungrateful people, all of them.

Pirate or anyone that lives near similar woods in Florida, does the scrub die out in the winter months. I guess what I am asking is it less dense in the cooler months then during the rain season and heat.

Little Caylee's remains were found 2.3 miles from my sister's house. She said that there is a grocery store on that road too, not far from where the remains were found, and that the area is real close to the airport. (Remember the cell phone pings?) Anyway, you guys may have already known this, but just in case...I thought that I would post it.

I don't believe there will be any peace for Caylee until everyone is prosecuted in this case.

An old Indian legend is the soul does not rest until the murder is avenged.

I agree with you & I am also part Native American. We are huge believers in the peaceful crossing. You know we also dont like to have our remains disturbed either & between the dumping, weather, animals, autospy, they most certainly have been disturbed. This child needs to be laid to rest, her ashes returned to the earth & her soul released to heaven. Maybe she is waiting for "permission" to go. Being in health care, I have always believed in the good death, the peaceful death, & how remains are treated after.

Turbothink,
I trust you on how thick that stuff is! Some of the stuff that grows out there just cover the place in a thick tangle of vines and other growth.

It just accured to me that when we were searched one area along a busy road we were seaching a wooded area that was in front of a housing development it was thick stuff but I kept thinking who in the world would put a body so close to houses and traffic. That particular place was not the right place but, so similar in distance to houses and traffic where she was eventually found.

We did search the area behind the school the same day and drove right by her. It was weird because we had just finished the previous search and we all stopped by the A's house with all the news crews. Among our group there was some buzz going on that somewhere close to the house a group found something and we were waiting to hear. All of a sudden the leader said it was time to go and we went to the area behind the school. Of course nothing was found that day but it was strange looking back on it now.

Little Caylee's remains were found 2.3 miles from my sister's house. She said that there is a grocery store on that road too, not far from where the remains were found, and that the area is real close to the airport. (Remember the cell phone pings?) Anyway, you guys may have already known this, but just in case...I thought that I would post it.

I thought someone on NG asked last wk how close it was to airport & answer was not close. I'll have to trust those who are there vs what I hear on NG.

Although you may not be psychic, you may definitely have intuitive tendencies.

I don't consider myself psychic, but a couple of weeks ago, I got very sick to my stomach and had this very strong feeling to call my oldest son. He is not supposed to answer his cell phone at work and I know that, but this was strong and I called anyway. His wife answered and tried to pass it off very vaguely (although they both should have been at work at that time).

On Christmas Eve, they arrived and told me that when I got sick and called, my son had just been taken into surgery. He had been riding his bike to work, someone tried purposely to hit him with their car, and he ended up with a very broken hand. I had no idea. When he got out of surgery, his wife told him about me telling her about this sudden nausea and the urge to call him. This has happened with him before and it always is associated with him being either sick, hurt, or in danger.

Thank you to all the members that did go out and look for little Caylee. Thank you for all the time, trouble, and tears that you went through to find this precious child. As long as I live, I will never forget this case. It has affected so many people.

For those of you who don't understand the woods of Florida, here is an illustration.

I live in a suburban golf course community. This picture was taken from my driveway:

kellyvisit048er7.jpg

This wooded lot has not been touched in the 12 years I've lived in my house. It is 80 feet deep and there is a home on the back side of it. That tree just right of center is about 5 feet into the scrub. There is not enough money in the world that anyone could give me to walk through that scrub and touch that tree.

Here is a closeup picture

kellyvisit051kr5.jpg

Keep in mind, that scrub there is dried out now because it's winter. When it's green and lush it's impossible to see in there. A small bird or lizard bumping up against palmetto fronds can sound like bigfoot.

I have seen pygmy rattlesnakes come out of those woods. I have seen eastern diamondback rattlesnakes come out of those woods. There are scorpions living in those woods. There are banana spiders and black widows living in those woods. I have seen all of these creatures there. And a few weeks ago I found a water moccasin in my front yard. Gee, I wonder where he came from.

And this area is much more hospitable than the area where Caylee was found because it is not low lying and does not retain water and become swampy.

I hope this helps people to understand that five feet into the woods of Florida is much different- and significantly more dangerous than five feet into the woods of New York or Ohio.

When TM got there it was the end of August that would have been almost two months later. Could the dogs still get a trail that long and her being most likely bones by then?

You know people may have smelt something but it may not have registered that it would be anything other than a dead animal. No one even knew she was gone for a month to say something smells bad and she is missing maybe it is her. From what I have read things can happen pretty fast and be gone in the right conditions. I do realize all the rain and then it being underwater may have masked the smell, at least from humans.

If they had been given a clothing item with her scent would her alive scent still be there two months later, even if she was never alive at that site. Sorry if this is a dumb question.

I really don't know. Based on Tim wanting the item, I would say maybe. I wasnt so much asking about Tims search b/c I knew he was refused an item. What I was wondering is why LE did NOT bring out scent dogs ASAP on the night she was reported missing. Maybe they would have found her.

Pirate or anyone that lives near similar woods in Florida, does the scrub die out in the winter months. I guess what I am asking is it less dense in the cooler months then during the rain season and heat.

It is definitely less dense- see my pictures above. Things get brown and some leaves fall off of the potato vine (similar to kudzu, very fast growing- as much as 8" per day).

And the snakes are less active in the winter- less inclined to strike as opposed to the warm season.

I don't think a scent tracking dog would have picked up Caylee's scent passed the garage/driveway of the A home, if at all. The scent was already very old and we must remember all the rain the area gets. The cadaver dogs were never taken to this area. The only dog that seems to have been around was GSJ's dog.

Thank you to all who went to the area to give us a better understanding of the scene. I don't know about burning sage, but someone could put some Holy water in a Supersoaker and spray the area with it to cleanse it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back