Australia Australia - Veronica Philomena Lockyer, 33, & Adell Sherylee Partridge, 0-1, Perth, WA, Nov/Dec 1998

niall

Reaction score
10901348-3x2-940x627.jpg

10901356-3x2-940x627.jpg

This one is just being publicised here in Perth today. Veronica Lockyer and her baby Adell haven’t been see in more than 20 years. She was only reported missing by another daughter in July, 2018. Most family members presumed she was just out of touch.
WA mum, baby daughter missing since 1998

Mother and daughter last seen two decades ago but family did not realise they were missing

Homeless mother-of-six who vanished with her seven-month-old daughter 20 years ago could still be alive, her daughter claims
  • Police looking into woman and seven-month-old who disappeared 20 years ago
  • Veronica Philomena Lockyer and Adell Sherylee Partridge were last seen in 1998
  • The indigenous mother-of-six was just 33 and Adell was just seven months old

Police are investigating the disappearance of a woman and her seven-month-old daughter in Western Australia 20 years ago.

Veronica Philomena Lockyer and her daughter Adell Sherylee Partridge were last seen in the Merredin/Burracoppin area, 260 kilometres east of Perth, in late 1998.

The indigenous mother-of-six, who led a transient lifestyle, visited women's hostels in Perth and communities in northern WA.

Despite not being seen for more than 20 years, her family still holds hope the pair are still alive.

Unconfirmed information indicates that in November or December 1998 Ms.Lockyer had her baby with her and may have caught a taxi from the Centre Point Shopping Centre in Midland.

One of Ms Lockyer's other daughters reported the pair missing in July.

Mother-of-six who disappeared with her baby daughter 20 years ago could still be alive | Daily Mail Online

'My family thought she was living in Perth with myself and Adell, and I grew up thinking that she lived in Port Hedland, so that's where the gap is,' she said.

'It's important to me because it's been 20 years that my mother has not been in my life, my sister has not been in my life, and it feels like missing pieces.

'My kids go to sleep and wake up to a photo of my mother ... it's just that they've never met her in person.'

10981108-6808835-One_of_Ms_Lockyer_s_other_daughters_known_only_as_Donna_reported-m-22_1552569213661.jpg

One of Ms Lockyer's other daughters, known only as Donna, reported the pair missing in July 2018

Detective Senior Sergeant Adrian Richards said police had serious concerns about their welfare because there were no records or documentation since late 1998.

'We're approaching this investigation with an open mind,' he told reporters on Thursday.

'They all assumed that Veronica was staying with other family members and it wasn't unusual for Veronica to not be heard or seen for quite a period of time.'

Ms Lockyer would now be aged 54 and her daughter would be 20.

Mother-of-six who disappeared with her baby daughter 20 years ago could still be alive | Daily Mail Online

Police hunt for clues to whereabouts of WA mum and child missing since 1998

Extensive inquiries into a missing WA mother and one of her daughters has failed to find any record of them since 1998, detectives have revealed.

It's prompted a public appeal by police to the WA public for information about Veronica Philomena Lockyer and her daughter Adell Sherylee Partridge.

e458135d885378c53f9966dd572383105fbedd5a

The pair were last seen in WA's Merredin region in late 1998, when Ms Lockyer was 33 years old and her baby was just seven months old. Today they would be aged 54 and 20 respectively.

The pair were not reported missing until July last year, when one of Ms Lockyer's other daughters came forward.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/na...child-missing-since-1998-20190314-p51493.html

Ms Lockyer, a mother of six, led a transient lifestyle and was known to frequent women’s hostels and refuges throughout Perth, as well as communities in northern WA, police say.

Police are following up unconfirmed information that in November or December 1998 Ms Lockyer caught a taxi with Adell from the Midland Centrepoint Shopping Centre to an unknown location.

Since last year police have conducted inquiries throughout WA and interstate but have found no documentation or records about the mum and daughter since late 1998.

Detective Senior Sergeant Adrian Richards said one of Ms Lockyer's other daughters, Donna, reported her mum missing last year in an attempt to reconnect with her and her sister.

Donna and her other siblings, he said, assumed their mother had been staying with other family members all this time.

"It wasn't unusual for them to not see Veronica for extended periods of time," Senior Sergeant Richards said.

"Once we've spoken to the majority of family members and they all realise they weren't staying with other people, it was a shock."

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/na...child-missing-since-1998-20190314-p51493.html

Senior Sergeant Richards said police inquiries had been somewhat hindered because certain "business and agency" records which may have helped detectives with the investigation had been destroyed.

"I'd be lying if I said it hasn't had its challenges; 20 years is a long time," he said.

"We've had issues of documents and records being destroyed ... and potential witnesses who are now no longer with us."

But Senior Sergeant Richards said police were approaching the investigation with an open mind and Ms Lockyer's family and police remained hopeful she and her daughter were still alive.

"Veronica and Adell's family along with the WA Police Force are hopeful that they're alive and well, however it has been a significant period of time," he said.

"The fact they've been missing for 20 years ... that alone gives us serious concerns about their welfare."

Ms Lockyer is described as Aboriginal, 162cm tall, with a medium build, brown hair and brown eyes.

She was physically impaired on the left side of her body and often wore her hair over the left side of her face to cover her eye.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or make a report online at www.crimestopperswa.com.au.

Veronica has extended family throughout the Pilbara and Gascoyne areas.

Police said they have conducted inquiries throughout Western Australia and interstate, and have found no documentation or records of Veronica and Adell since late 1998.

Veronica was described as being Aboriginal, 162 cm tall, with a medium build, brown hair and brown eyes.

She was physically impaired on the left side of her body, and often wore her hair over the left side of her face to cover her eye.

At the time she was last seen Veronica was 33 years old and Adell was seven months old.

Police investigate location of missing mother and daughter last seen in Merredin 20 years ago

‘WA Police have launched a homicide investigation in the search for a mother and her child who have not been seen for two decades, after the alarm was only recently raised by family members.

Key points:
  • Veronica Lockyer would now be 54 and daughter Adell Partridge would be 20
  • Family members had all assumed Ms Lockyer was in contact with other relatives
  • There are no records of the pair either in WA or interstate since late 1998
Veronica Philomena Lockyer and her child Adell Sherylee Partridge were last seen in Perth in late 1998, but had been living in the Merredin–Burracoppin area of the Wheatbelt.

Ms Lockyer was known to lead a transient lifestyle and had visited women's hostels and refuges in Perth, as well as in communities in northern WA.

She had six children but was only caring for seven-month-old Adell when she was last seen.

Police did not receive a missing persons report until one of Ms Lockyer's other children contacted them after attempting to reconnect with her mother in recent years.’

‘Police said Ms Lockyer would often style her hair covering the left side of her face, which had a physical impairment.

She is described as being Aboriginal, 162 centimetres tall, of medium build with brown hair and brown eyes.

Ms Lockyer would now be 54, and her missing daughter would be 20.’

Mother and daughter reported missing to WA Police 20 years after they were last seen - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

[QUOTE = "niall, postagem: 14911291, membro: 118995"]
10901348-3x2-940x627.jpg

10901356-3x2-940x627.jpg

Este está sendo divulgado hoje aqui em Perth. Veronica Lockyer e seu bebê Adell não são vistos há mais de 20 anos. Ela só foi dada como desaparecida por outra filha em julho de 2018. A maioria dos membros da família presumiu que ela estava apenas fora de contato.
WA mãe, filha desaparecida desde 1998

Mãe e filha vistas pela última vez há duas décadas, mas a família não percebeu que elas estavam desaparecidas [/ QUOTE]

poderá ser um pista????

Attachments

• adell.jpg
    adell.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 10

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads