PERU - Jesse Galganov, 22, Canadian, Huarez, 29 Sept 2017

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by dotr, Oct 18, 2017.

1. iulia

iulia Well-Known Member

2. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

3. squid

squid Former Member

Jesse Galganov's family holding bazaar to fundraise and bolster search efforts

On Sunday, family and friends of Jesse Galganov will hold a bazaar to raise funds to continue search efforts to find him.

SBM

Alisa Clamen hired an Israeli search and rescue company to help locate her son. She estimates that it’s cost her over $2 million. “That’s an underestimate,” she said. “I can’t even tell you what [the costs] have been because it’s just been paying.”

Both Clamen and Jesse’s father, Todd Galganov, have travelled to Peru. Todd even offered a reward of $500,000.

Sunday’s bazaar will feature a raffle and bake sale, plus an online auction of author Scott Turow’s complete body of work.

Clamen is also hoping to prevent others from going missing in the park. In December, American woman Carla Valpeoz went missing in the country.

“I’m going to institute proceedings against the Huascaran National Park,” she said. “It’s a dangerous place and I don’t want other people to go missing.”

Clamen’s realistic but optimistic she will find closure. "Not so hopeful that we will find him alive, but I think we’ll bring him home,” she said.

4. thesensitivechild

thesensitivechild Well-Known Member

5. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

6. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

7. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

dbm, sorry- responded to rumour

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    swedeheart likes this.
  8. thesensitivechild

thesensitivechild Well-Known Member

I’m confused about the connections drawn

dotr, AzPistonsGirl and Tarika like this.
  9. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Bumping with a link also posted on mp Carla`s thread..
    rbbm.
    Their daughter vanished abroad. Months later, they don't know if she's dead or alive - CNN
    June 9 2019

``In long phone conversations with the Valpeoz family, Ayala Leon has guided them while they navigate through red tape, deal with calls from shamans looking to take advantage of them and look for experts to help in Carla's search.
    She and Alisa Clamen of Canada, whose 22-year-old son, Jesse Galganov, disappeared while backpacking in the Peruvian mountains in 2017, have become like a second family for Carla's brother.
    "The pain is the same, different circumstances, but the pain is still there," Carlos Jr. said. "I could never repay them for the amount of love, support and information that they've given me."

10. Alice Ramnit

Alice Ramnit On Time Out

Jesse and his family are friends of a friend of mine. It's just so tragic and sad that they have no information about him.

Kwo14, Suglo and dotr like this.