Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone imagine hearing this kind of trifling, devoid-of-empathy banter coming from the mother of the murderer of your child (i.e., if you were the Holloway or Flores family)? Really, she has no decency.

Awwww give the woman a break, she is mourning the loss of the son she thought she had! All of her hopes and dreams she had for him are gone. The son she loved is dead...because apparently he never existed. She's said she won't visit him...that's HUGE for a mother. I can't ever imagine getting to that point.

One thing I that read about the trial in Peru is that it continues on regardless of these other motions/complaints etc. being filed. I know I read that more than once.

I think some of us forget that the trial isn't being held in the US or the Netherlands or Aruba, for that matter. So even is Joran and his attorney file complaints against everyone including, and up to, the President of Peru, the trial marches on....

http://www.rnw.nl/english/article/joran’s-rights-“repeatedly-violated”

snipped:

The Peruvian lawyer representing Joran van der Sloot says his client’s rights have repeatedly been violated and may take the case to the Inter-American Court of Human Rights. The lawyer, Máximo Altez Navarro, made the allegations in an exclusive interview with Radio Netherlands Worldwide.

And it further states:
The lawyer stresses he does not intend to defend his client by denying facts or twisting evidence. He only wants his client’s rights to be respected.

BBM ... Well, all I have to say is AMEN to that! :rocker:

Can anyone imagine hearing this kind of trifling, devoid-of-empathy banter coming from the mother of the murderer of your child (i.e., if you were the Holloway or Flores family)? Really, she has no decency.
I am thinking AVS is trying to make everyone think he is insane, not sure why YET?!:waitasec:

One thing I that read about the trial in Peru is that it continues on regardless of these other motions/complaints etc. being filed. I know I read that more than once.

I think some of us forget that the trial isn't being held in the US or the Netherlands or Aruba, for that matter. So even is Joran and his attorney file complaints against everyone including, and up to, the President of Peru, the trial marches on....

Thanks TwiceIrish. BTW ... I love your Anne Frank quote.

Does anyone know the time of death? Has it been reported? tia

Just a comment from a lurker:

I think the comments about JVS's mother are inappropriate.

No - absolutely not. I can't imagine what they are going through. My heart goes out to them. May their children rest in peace.

Also - I have no idea how I would react to finding out the child I brought into this world is a cold-blooded killer. I would probably want to dig myself a hole and just shrink away from the disgrace.

Here is an article explaining a psychiatrists take on what Joran may be up to. It explains the different terms used in the psych evaluation we just heard about. The second page sums up everything we already know, and mentions a few other cases with the same psychological issues.

"Is Mr. van der Sloot telling the truth about what happened that morning in his hotel room? Or is he malingering? Slyly playing the Peruvian justice system to improve his chances of receiving a lighter sentence, extradition or exoneration?"

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...van-der-sloot-setting-his-psychiatric-defense

Great post, and great article thank you. Spot on:

When you have a pissed-off five or ten-year-old in a big, strong body, with the freedom to do just as they please--drive a car, drink, gamble, travel, have sex, do drugs, exploit, intimidate and bully others and generally get their own way--you have an extraordinarily dangerous person capable of the most evil deeds. Such vindictive, embittered and often predatory individuals see the world as their playground, and everyone in it as their next victim. To cite convicted mass murderer Charles Manson, "I'm still a little five-year-old kid." Being controlled and driven by this hurt, selfish and angry inner child is an exceedingly dangerous state of mind.

Awwww give the woman a break, she is mourning the loss of the son she thought she had! All of her hopes and dreams she had for him are gone. The son she loved is dead...because apparently he never existed. She's said she won't visit him...that's HUGE for a mother. I can't ever imagine getting to that point.

I think she will end up visiting him. And, we will be able to watch it hundreds of times.
IMO

Oh please. Do we know how many gambling addicts are out there and yet don't commit brutal murders? And, yes, psychopaths are very good actors. Pulling the wool over even the best of therapists.

I agree...I can't tell you how many times I've gone to parent/teacher conferences and been told that it all starts at home...and AVDS was a teacher too....:waitasec:

Hi everyone, just reading up alittle bit. My humble opinion of the Sloot Mom is that she seems to be feeling free to express herself now that Dad is gone. Possibly during NH case she was afraid to step up and tell more of reality about her son. I think by her including thoughts for NH family also, confirms she deeply knows that her son was indeed responsible for her disappearance.

Frankly, who cares about Anita & what she says of Joran, he killed and it was brutal. He is danger to be a free human being on this earth & to kill more of our daughters.

Does anyone believe his story about buckets of water?

My question - who's paying Mr Navarro?

I am sure the attorney is being paid by AVDS. Furthermore, it is possible that AVDS did get paid for her 2nd interview( the TV one), not the written one in De Telegraaf. There have been rumors about that.The one on Dutch TV that was given/sold to an American TV in lieu of license fees paid to the Dutch TV station. Frankly, I do not see anything wrong with. Any money that AVDS gets will probably be spent on legal fees for Joran. Bet that AVDS also has offers directly from American TV stations. As the legal costs for Joran start mounting , she might give in to them. Most mothers would IMO .

Hi everyone, just reading up alittle bit. My humble opinion of the Sloot Mom is that she seems to be feeling free to express herself now that Dad is gone. Possibly during NH case she was afraid to step up and tell more of reality about her son. I think by her including thoughts for NH family also, confirms she deeply knows that her son was indeed responsible for her disappearance.

Frankly, who cares about Anita & what she says of Joran, he killed and it was brutal. He is danger to be a free human being on this earth & to kill more of our daughters.

Does anyone believe his story about buckets of water?

Bolded by Me:

I am hopeful that the ''bucket of water'' turns out to be an aquarium

Oh please. Do we know how many gambling addicts are out there and yet don't commit brutal murders? And, yes, psychopaths are very good actors. Pulling the wool over even the best of therapists.

Yeah...bit of a stretch to be sure...I do have sympathy for Anita, and remember the northern europeans are very invested looking for medical reasons for human behaviour so the medical labelling of Joran is partly cultural for her.

I think I will feel much more secure in my support of Anita if she starts reporting on specific instances in Joran's life which add to our understanding of the progression of violence in him. She's skating around the edges at the mo IMO, not quite coming out and saying 'yes, he was violent, these are some of the signs he showed early on, these are things all parents should take seriously' etc, as I think Joran's story could be valuable in that way.

Also I would like to see her talk to someone (LE, not the media) about anything she saw during 2005 and afterwards in regards to the Natalee Holloway case. If she's sincere I want to see her use what knowledge she has to help the victims of her child.

Just a comment from a lurker:

I think the comments about JVS's mother are inappropriate.
They are. The woman is in a no win situation. Hated for supporting her son and then hated for abandoning him.

[/U][/I][/B]

Bolded by Me:

I am hopeful that the ''bucket of water'' turns out to be an aquarium

Love it!! Or a bucket offered for him to drink water from as we see many in the prison there on tv. unbelievable they literally drink water when they can get some from chip bags.

Hearing Anita said that Joran told her he was going to Peru where nobody knew him. Makes me think did he feel they would never know who he was if he killed one of their girls...It's as if he had the urge to kill and felt it'd be alright, they'd never know. Almost as if he thouhgt he went to another planet. Maybe his whole point to go there was to satisfy his fix to kill.

I agree. I believe she has taken huge strides in beginning to see Joran for what he really is. But it must be devestating to begin to see your little boy as someone that preys on people. I can't imagine what she is going through and I hope I never find out. I can't imagine not visiting my son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500