GUILTY Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe his mom has stated that she will always continue to support him financially and emotionally even if he is guilty of this crime.

MOO

This article explores Anita van der Sloot's conflicting words and body language--the author's (Dr. Lillian Glass') conclusion is that, based on her anger and "distanced" body language, Anita van der Sloot is cutting Joran out of her life.

http://drlillianglassbodylanguageblog.wordpress.com/2010/06/26/anita-van-der-sloot%E2%80%99s-conflicting-body-language-indicates-anger-at-joran-victim-like-helplessness-and-denial-as-she-continues-to-make-excuses-for-joran-while-cutting-him-out-of-her-life/

I think it's fantasy that he'll be in some kind of danger in prison, even if he ends up in one of their worst ones (and I hope it's the worst of the worst). This dude is 6'4" tall or more. He's probably 250+ lbs. He's young and angry and crazy. You really think some smaller guy is going to take him on? I don't.

He'll probably be used as some kind of security/protection for some others. He'll probably be in some kind of gang before too long. His size and youth and sheer crazy anger will be exploited by other prisoners to give him some new 'job' to do on behalf of his elders in prison. You watch.

Everyone said he wouldn't survive conditions at this last place. Not only did he survive, he made friends/buddies and did better than anyone expected. This vermin is a survivor. Much like the cockroaches and rats who survive any catastrophic event, he too will continue on.

Same thing was said when Scott Peterson was sent to death row. They had him attacked and dead within 2 months. Not only is he still alive, he has a compatible group of inmates to hang out with. He's not going anywhere either...he will never see the business end of that needle he earned. He'll die of natural causes long before.

And from what I understand, JVS could obtain parole in 14 years. 28 years doesn't mean without parole. I wish it did, but it does not.

All good and sadly very valid points. However, at least Stephanie did receive some measure of justice, which is more justice than Caylee Anthony received.

And at least for the minimum of 14 years women are safe from JVS.

Is it enough? Hell no. Certainly not for a man who has killed two women (that we know of).

But after watching Casey Anthony totally escape any kind of justice I'm willing to accept any sort of justice for murder victims.

This article explores Anita van der Sloot's conflicting words and body language--the author's (Dr. Lillian Glass') conclusion is that, based on her anger and "distanced" body language, Anita van der Sloot is cutting Joran out of her life.

http://drlillianglassbodylanguageblog.wordpress.com/2010/06/26/anita-van-der-sloot%E2%80%99s-conflicting-body-language-indicates-anger-at-joran-victim-like-helplessness-and-denial-as-she-continues-to-make-excuses-for-joran-while-cutting-him-out-of-her-life/

I have no doubt that she has physically cut him out of her life. She stated that if he is guilty he's on his own in Peru as far as the trial and prison is concerned. Publicly she will not be seen supporting him by visiting him or doing any media defending him.

But he is her son, and she loves him. I have no doubt that as long as she is able, she will see to it that his needs are met at least financially and she will correspond with him if he chooses to engage in conversation, especially if he continues to have internet access or even just occasional phone priviledges.

MOO

Wonder if mama will pay the $74K that the court order he pay to Stephanie's family?

All good and sadly very valid points. However, at least Stephanie did receive some measure of justice, which is more justice than Caylee Anthony received.

And at least for the minimum of 14 years women are safe from JVS.

Is it enough? Hell no. Certainly not for a man who has killed two women (that we know of).

But after watching Casey Anthony totally escape any kind of justice I'm willing to accept any sort of justice for murder victims.

I feel the same way.

And yet somehow that makes me pretty sad that we're willing to accept what little crumbs of justice we can get.

Where does mom get her money?
She still has 2 other sons.
Isn't she a retired school teacher, widowed?

Where does mom get her money?
She still has 2 other sons.
Isn't she a retired school teacher, widowed?

From crazies like Mary Hamer and the like. There are plenty, unfortuately.

Wasn't she behind a website for donations for Peruvian prisoners or some such as well? Seems like I remember something like that.

Why the heck does Joran look like a meth addict? Natural charm oozing out? He looks terrible. I love it.

Why the heck does Joran look like a meth addict? Natural charm oozing out? He looks terrible. I love it.

For awhile I've thought he looked like he needed a shower, today was even worse but I no longer think bathing will help. He's dirty from the inside - out and that nastiness is oozing out of his pores.

Stephnie Flores father speaks out. Joran isn't one bit sorry he only said he was guilty thinking it would reduce his sentence. It reduced his sentence alright by two years he will do 28 years instead of 30 plus he will pay civil damages.

"A jail isn't a five-star hotel," Ricardo Flores told reporters. "Since the first day, we've been complaining about the excessive privileges" Van der Sloot allegedly enjoyed in jail.
Unconfirmed news reports, denied by penal authorities, say Van der Sloot has had a cell phone, television, a video gaming console and Internet access in his cell. A Peruvian TV station published a photo Friday it says was taken by Van der Sloot himself of his prison cell that shows a 42-inch LCD television, a Blu-ray player and an Internet modem.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/01/13/1775652/court-to-sentence-van-der-sloot.html#storylink=cpy

here's about a 10 minute video of the prison rumored joran will be going to. It's in spanish, but i don't think you need to know, specifically what they're saying. The visuals tell the story.

Fwiw, in one short clip i saw for 20 20, they said there's 100 guards for 10,000 inmates. So, basically, the inmates run the prison. In '88 or so, there was a riot and 100's were killed

i understand they only get one 15 minute shower once a week. More inmates have aids than don't. The feeding line and 'food' you see,............that's how they feed them. A bucket, using their hands, inmates have to have their own cup/bowl. First come, first served. When it's gone, well, it's gone and come back next time. Oh, and that is prisoners rumaging threw the waste of the prison. They're the poorer, less fortunate, often times the aids patients.

I saw the same documentary a long time ago that woo was speaking of, so i remember some of the info from there.

Jmho
fran

la prisión, carcel o penal de lurigancho

la prisión, carcel o penal de lurigancho - youtube

i dont like it!!! They look very healthy! Moo

Stephnie Flores father speaks out. Joran isn't one bit sorry he only said he was guilty thinking it would reduce his sentence. It reduced his sentence alright by two years he will do 28 years instead of 30 plus he will pay civil damages.

"A jail isn't a five-star hotel," Ricardo Flores told reporters. "Since the first day, we've been complaining about the excessive privileges" Van der Sloot allegedly enjoyed in jail.
Unconfirmed news reports, denied by penal authorities, say Van der Sloot has had a cell phone, television, a video gaming console and Internet access in his cell. A Peruvian TV station published a photo Friday it says was taken by Van der Sloot himself of his prison cell that shows a 42-inch LCD television, a Blu-ray player and an Internet modem.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/01/13/1775652/court-to-sentence-van-der-sloot.html#storylink=cpy

From that same article....

As in many developing nations, foreigners with money can buy superior treatment in Peru's prisons, including decent food, while the vast majority of inmates suffer overcrowding and constant peril from criminal gangs.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/01...an-der-sloot.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

Elisa Baker AKA the murderer of Zahra Baker was tried (plea bargained) first to murder - sentenced to 14-18 years in state prison. She was immediately handed over to Federal Officials where she recently accepted a plea for 20 years on drug charges, the sentences are consecutive. She will first serve her time with the state then if she is still around will serve her time in Club Fed.

Waiting 20 or 30 years means witnesses will no longer be around to testify. Better to try them quickly (or as quickly as possible). Knowing there's another longggg term ahead gives them something to look forward to (or not).

Hopefully Joran will never walk free again because IMO as long as he is breathing he will pose a risk to society. Anyone else notice how he turned and grinned at the pretty young woman (witness?) in the hearing yesterday as he stood up? And she smiled back!

I have followed this case from the Nat days , but I would just like to add, if you see recent pictures of Jorhan, he looks much older than his young age, and crazy, I do believe he is very mentally sick, and his parents should have done something many years ago, his Father died of a Heart Attack at the age of 57, his mother could no longer teach, he had I do believe (2) younger brothers, and his mother has to go on in this life knowing that it is not finished, so very sad for all envolved!! I mean for all the families.

http://translate.google.com/transla...sladado-al-penal-piedras-gordas-noticia-37936

The Dutchman Joran Van der Sloot , who was sentenced to 28 years in prison for the murder of Stephany Flores , did not stay in the Castro Castro prison and was taken to Fat Stone, said the head of the National Penitentiary Institute (INPE), Jose Perez Guadalupe.

"The board of the regional classification of Lima have determined that (the Dutch), and with the conviction of 28 years, will be transferred to the prison of Piedras Gordas. I've already been warned on which cell is, "said Guadalupe Perez RPP.

Late Friday, prison authorities told the AP that Van der Sloot had been transferred to the high-security Piedras Gordas prison in northern Lima in response to reports that he had enjoyed privileges like television, internet access and a cell phone in Castro Castro prison. Piedras Gordas holds local crime bosses and terrorism convicts, including Shining Path guerrillas.

"He will be in an individual cell at Piedras Gordas to give authorities greater control of him and cut off some of the facilities he has had in Castro Castro,"

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/01/13/2587772/court-to-sentence-van-der-sloot.html#storylink=cpy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado