GUILTY Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the transcript link. His name is John Ludwick

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1201/11/ng.01.html

I found that interview to be somewhat revealing. Ludwick said that as soon as Stephany realized who Joran was, she should have left. If Ludwick actually believed that Joran had nothing to do with Natalie's disappearance, why should Stephany have been concerned about being around Joran; why should she have left? If Joran was just a regular good guy, it wouldn't matter if Stephany was alone with him. If Joran is a violent murderer, then Ludwick is quite right ... Stephany should have left as soon as she realized who he was.

On the one hand, Ludwick would have us believe that Joran wouldn't commit murder, on the other hand, Ludwick thinks that women shouldn't be alone with him. It doesn't add up.

<Snipped for brevity>

According to Kelly a plan is already in the works to bring Van der Sloot to Alabama within the next several months. Kelly told me that after the US trial and hopeful conviction on charges carrying a sentence of thirty years, he would then be returned to Peruvian custody.

I have to admit the plan seemed a little hair-brained when I first heard of it, but then I thought of the William Trickett Smith case. Smith is an American accused of murdering his wife in Peru. The US sent Smith back to Peru after authorities here felt Peru had accumulated enough evidence for a conviction. After all our two countries do have extradition treaties.

It is Kelly&#8217;s hope that after a trial in Alabama, van der Sloot would be sent back to Peru to serve his entire sentence there. That&#8217;s fifty-eight years in prison folks.

<Snipped for brevity>

We also maintain a website:
www.pulitzerandthompson.com

First of all welcome! I've just finished listening to Lisa read your book on audio and enjoyed it very much. Secondly, the extradition and trial in the US - exactly the scenario I posed yesterday, but was told this would likely not happen. I hope Kelly is correct and this pans out - is the (timely?), declaration of Natalee's death going to factor into this "plan"?

The only catch I see to the plan, why would Peru pay for 30 years of incarcerating Joran?

Very apparent from Ludwicks comments as to why these two were friends.

Very apparent from Ludwicks comments as to why these two were friends.

Seems he was dumb enough to be used for money - maybe he saw his 15 minutes, down the road, worth it.

I think the FBI should pay Ludwick a visit, if they haven't already.

<Snipped for brevity>

First of all welcome! I've just finished listening to Lisa read your book on audio and enjoyed it very much. Secondly, the extradition and trial in the US - exactly the scenario I posed yesterday, but was told this would likely not happen. I hope Kelly is correct and this pans out - is the (timely?), declaration of Natalee's death going to factor into this "plan"?

The only catch I see to the plan, why would Peru pay for 30 years of incarcerating Joran?

I think Peru wants v.d.Sloot to experience Peruvian justice ... pretty much everywhere else is kinder to prisoners than Peru. I had heard last week that he was headed to the Siberia of Peru along the Bolivian border - a cold, barren place near a military base.

I also expected that Joran would be sent to the US to face trial before going to prison in Peru. That way, as soon as he's done in Peru, he will automatically be extradicted and incarcerated in the US. He couldn't go home in between, but without the conviction in the US, he could disappear.

He thought he was playing his cards right by murdering in Peru (perhaps a planned anniversary murder was always in his cards, in his mind he probably liked the fact that he paid for the anniversary-murder/trip with his first victim's family money), attempting to flee (which he thought he could do) ... he thought he could run home to Aruba where he was shielded by certain rights (as anyone would be in their native country). He was probably banking on defending the second murder by claiming that he was being framed by Beth ... and then he would try to get out of the $25k fraud charge as well ... claiming it was a frame-up.

(sorry ... that was a messed up sentence)

I found that interview to be somewhat revealing. Ludwick said that as soon as Stephany realized who Joran was, she should have left. If Ludwick actually believed that Joran had nothing to do with Natalie's disappearance, why should Stephany have been concerned about being around Joran; why should she have left? If Joran was just a regular good guy, it wouldn't matter if Stephany was alone with him. If Joran is a violent murderer, then Ludwick is quite right ... Stephany should have left as soon as she realized who he was.

On the one hand, Ludwick would have us believe that Joran wouldn't commit murder, on the other hand, Ludwick thinks that women shouldn't be alone with him. It doesn't add up.

He also insinuated, on one of the shows, that Stephany may have provoked him... ok, I'm hearing NG shrilling in my head, so it was probably her show.

Now i am confused. My interpretation was that Joran would serve his time in Peru for Stepheny's murder. The U.S. may extradite him soon for the charges here. If found guilty he would be sent back to Peru to serve out his time then return to the U.S. and serve that sentence ?

He also insinuated, on one of the shows, that Stephany may have provoked him... ok, I'm hearing NG shrilling in my head, so it was probably her show.

I didn't hear him say that Joran was provoked by Stephany. I heard him say that the minute Stephany knew who Joran was, Stephany should have left.

I heard Nancy Grace make repeated remarks about "provoked". There's no question she was trying to put words in his mouth.

Now i am confused. My interpretation was that Joran would serve his time in Peru for Stepheny's murder. The U.S. may extradite him soon for the charges here. If found guilty he would be sent back to Peru to serve out his time then return to the U.S. and serve that sentence ?

That's the way I understood it as well, Bravo.

I think Peru wants v.d.Sloot to experience Peruvian justice ... pretty much everywhere else is kinder to prisoners than Peru. I had heard last week that he was headed to the Siberia of Peru along the Bolivian border - a cold, barren place near a military base.

I also expected that Joran would be sent to the US to face trial before going to prison in Peru. That way, as soon as he's done in Peru, he will automatically be extradicted and incarcerated in the US. He couldn't go home in between, but without the conviction in the US, he could disappear.

He thought he was playing his cards right by murdering in Peru (perhaps a planned anniversary murder was always in his cards, in his mind he probably liked the fact that he paid for the anniversary-murder/trip with his first victim's family money), attempting to flee (which he thought he could do) ... he thought he could run home to Aruba where he was shielded by certain rights (as anyone would be in their native country). He was probably banking on defending the second murder by claiming that he was being framed by Beth ... and then he would try to get out of the $25k fraud charge as well ... claiming it was a frame-up.

(sorry ... that was a messed up sentence)

Oh, well maybe I read Mr. Thompson's description of Kelly's plan wrong - I read it to say he would finish out his sentence in Peru. There was no "and then be extradited back to the US", which confused me.

You know Otto, I wonder if anyone has taken the time to look back at the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year anniversaries of NH going missing. Where exactly was he on those days. Is the fifth year more meaningful than the 2nd or 3rd year? Surely this has been entertained by LE.

Oh, well maybe I read Mr. Thompson's description of Kelly's plan wrong - I read it to say he would finish out his sentence in Peru. There was no "and then be extradited back to the US", which confused me.

You know Otto, I wonder if anyone has taken the time to look back at the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year anniversaries of NH going missing. Where exactly was he on those days. Is the fifth year more meaningful than the 2nd or 3rd year? Surely this has been entertained by LE.

It is confusing and good catch. Interesting point on the Anniversaries. It wouldn't be a stretch by any means to think there are other victims.

I didn't hear him say that Joran was provoked by Stephany. I heard him say that the minute Stephany knew who Joran was, Stephany should have left.

I heard Nancy Grace make repeated remarks about "provoked". There's no question she was trying to put words in his mouth.

Yes, well you are probably right - the shrill drowns all else out.

I read that the US made a request last summer to have v.d.Sloot transferred to the US immediately after the trial in Peru where he would face trial for the fraud charges. After the US trial, v.d.Sloot would be transferred back to Peru to complete that sentence.

Without a conviction in the US, v.d.Sloot would not automatically be extradicted to the US. He would be released from prison and then the extradiction process would begin (that's my understanding). He could disappear in that time. With a conviction in the US, he will not be released after his sentence in Peru. He will automatically be transferred to the US to serve out another 20 or 30 year sentence.

He's 24 years old. In 28 years, he will be 52. With a 3:1 deal for good behavior, he'll be 34 when he is released.

If he is automatically transferred to the US at the end of his Peru sentence, he could be in jail until the age of 82, regardless of good behavior.

It makes sense for the US trial to happen now ... I suppose they're just clearly up the paperwork to ensure that he serves the Peru sentence first.

This John Ludwick guy claims that Stephany brought it all on herself by "provoking" JVDS when she looked at his computer. Forensic computer evidence shows that the NH information was brought up earlier in the day BEFORE Stephany ever came to the room. So that part was a lie. Apparently John is only taking into account Joran's version of the murder, not the evidence.

He did say that on NG, it was the show when JC was filling in for NG.

He said something like SF made JVDS a murderer.

Yes, well you are probably right - the shrill drowns all else out.

I haven't seen the transcripts, but it would be interesting to note who introduced the word "provoked" to the discussion. I couldn't believe that Nancy Grace was showing crime scene photos and talking about the victim's injuries in detail. That was kind of over the top and sickening ... shouldn't be blabbered for entertainment value ... not a voice for the victim.

You need to listen to it again.

He was the one to use the word "provoked" first. He said, "I'm not going to say it wasn't provoked..."

Clearly he thinks she was at fault for 1) being there to begin with and 2) not leaving when she found out who he was or for even existing in Joran's world.

I'm not a NG fan by a long shot but I think she rather maintained her cool on this occasion. Personally, I was ready to throw something at my television.

Michael Griffith was right. He's a cretin.

Ludwick did say she provoked him.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxwzXcXLbrA&feature=player_embedded#"]Joran van der sloot &#39;s friend John Ludwick - YouTube[/ame]!

I think what would normally happen is that Joran vds would serve his sentence in Peru and then be extradited to the U.S. to stand trial on extortion charges, going into a U.S. prison if convicted.

If I understand Cole Thompson's post correctly, Beth Holloway's attorney, John Q. Kelly, has an idea to extradite vds within the next few months; have him tried here; then shipped back to Peru to serve ALL of his time (U.S. sentence plus Peruvian sentence) in Peru. I think that would be 58 years in the Peruvian prison.

I wonder if there's a statute of limitations on the extortion charges and that's why they need to prosecute Joran vds asap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave