Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

La Louve

For Whitney and Teghan
Reaction score
Pet Peacock Runs Away From Home And Takes Up With Wild Turkeys | HuffPost

A Vermont couple says that their peacock has been on the loose for six weeks, and has apparently started hanging out with a flock of wild turkeys.

Local news station WCAX 3 tracked down the owners, Rene and Brian Johnson of Springfield, and got the full story. The couple believes that the peacock ― who goes by Pea, Forest or Walter ― took up with the turkeys because he was lonely after his companion, a sibling peacock, died.

A spokesperson from the Fish and Wildlife Department told HuffPost in a Facebook message that if Pea remains at large, there’s “really no way to predict” whether he’ll make it through the winter, since there are “just too many variables” at play.

Luckily, Pea appears to still be getting a little assistance food-wise. Johnson wrote on Facebook that Pea still approaches her for treats. However, since he always leaves when the turkeys do, she says she hasn’t been able to “hold him or catch him.”
DsyjXqKWsAEAAVB.jpg

more at link

A friend and I rescued some peacocks once for a woman in hospice. (her son let them free) i didnt know they could fly nor that if you grab them by tail feathers they release them! imagine the look on my face... after running after a peacock grabbing it by the tail feathers and having it fly away! btw we did manage to get all of them safely to a farm.

Peacocks are around my neighborhood, nesting.
They ran away from the L.A. County Arboretum.
I once saw one on someone's porch, perched on a peacock chair!!!
As I was driving with the top down going to school one morning, the sky grew grey above me for a second. A peacock had taken off from a roof and flew right over my head.
I won't tell you about the Christmas we were served home smoked "turkey" as an appetizer. It was highly illegal. And so very stinking delicious.

Someone in my mom's neighborhood moved and left some domestic turkeys behind. They eventually got loose and roamed the neighborhood for years, until they eventually succumbed to predators and weather and lack of food. One of them made my mom's small redwood grove his hangout for a couple of years.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael C Vang
Back