PETA dresses up as condoms in Syracuse to promote spaying and neutering

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said I would do it if it meant for sure that all cats and dogs would be neutered...not that I would do it on some silly hope that they would be :)

I don't think kids would have any idea other than some grown-ups wearing some stupid-looking balloon on their heads...it is probably no worse than much of what they see on regular network TV every day.

Not to mention it brings up a great opportunity for very important discussion. Condoms can be lifesavers, considering that they can help prevent the spread of disease and unwanted/undeserved pregnancies. Not only should we as a society be doing all we can to humanely deal with our out of control dog and cat population, but a discussion about that can lead into a discussion about responsible, thoughtful sexual behavior for us humans as well....I fear PETAs message is largely lost, but it is well past time that the taboo of "OH MY GOD, A CONDOM!!!!! goes by the wayside. These discussions are necessary in our times, and shame and stigma have no place when it comes to matters of pregnancy and disease prevention. :innocent:

Not to mention it brings up a great opportunity for very important discussion. Condoms can be lifesavers, considering that they can help prevent the spread of disease and unwanted/undeserved pregnancies. Not only should we as a society be doing all we can to humanely deal with our out of control dog and cat population, but a discussion about that can lead into a discussion about responsible, thoughtful sexual behavior for us humans as well....I fear PETAs message is largely lost, but it is well past time that the taboo of "OH MY GOD, A CONDOM!!!!! goes by the wayside. These discussions are necessary in our times, and shame and stigma have no place when it comes to matters of pregnancy and disease prevention. :innocent:

Not sure a young child needs to worry about pregnancy and disease prevention. And when it's time to learn about condoms, I think the parents should be the ones to show them and teach them. It shouldn't be the PETA idiots. They always take things way too far.

They are a disgrace. They are a joke.

If they want to make asses of themselves to save animals I'm all for it. But I am no fan of PETA because extremists in any organization scare the H*LL out of me!

I only wish they were as concerned about the human abortion rate and wonder why they aren't as passionate about wearing condoms to get the point across to humans how important it is to take sexual responsiblity.

I find PETA more about stirring the pot, then cleaning up the pot IYKWIM

BTW, SD, thank you for the little snip of Emily Littella

Is this a joke? :waitasec:

dogcondom.jpg

...Can I Train My Dog To Put It On Himself?

No, the dog will require human intervention each time he wishes to put on or take off a condom....

:laugh:

What has Peta actually done or accomplished? How many animals have they saved and adopted out?
I hear the numbers are sadly low.

Is this a joke? :waitasec:

dogcondom.jpg

...Can I Train My Dog To Put It On Himself?

No, the dog will require human intervention each time he wishes to put on or take off a condom....

36!!!! Meat scented!!! OMG! Who wants to assist a dog in that kind of play. 36 times! (Meat scented play does not involve participation with other dogs, lol.)

Back to Peta, yes they overdo almost everything, but I have only known crazy members that were in their 20's, so go figure. I doubt the condom ad educated too many people on spaying, perhaps just signs or pamphlets would have been more effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa