Phone Calls and Phone Records

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No there were no law in place back then~~I should know~~I was on my cell constantly while I was driving thru there.

I wonder if you removed the sim card and placed it into another phone if it would register someone calling her voicemail?

The sim card, no matter what phone it is in, would register on her phone records. The only way those VM's could be deleted by someone would be from her cell phone (but it would have pinged), or from another phone. To do it from another phone, all someone had to do was call the number and while the message is playing, hit the # key and enter the password to get into the voicemails.

There is something on his records that makes KZ think he did it, and the only thing I can find is him dialing her number at 6:42 on the 1st. I find it awfully coincidental that the call previous to his is the one that "filled" her VM though. And I guess he didn't have to do it from his cell phone, he did live at home at the time, mom and dad have a landline? lol

The sim card, no matter what phone it is in, would register on her phone records. The only way those VM's could be deleted by someone would be from her cell phone (but it would have pinged), or from another phone. To do it from another phone, all someone had to do was call the number and while the message is playing, hit the # key and enter the password to get into the voicemails.

There is something on his records that makes KZ think he did it, and the only thing I can find is him dialing her number at 6:42 on the 1st. I find it awfully coincidental that the call previous to his is the one that "filled" her VM though. And I guess he didn't have to do it from his cell phone, he did live at home at the time, mom and dad have a landline? lol

Yes~~ I actually did that to the ex-boyfriend. :blushing: (in August of 2005)..LOL I couldn't remember how I did it, but now that you've refreshed my memory, that is exactly how I did it. The good news is that I found out he was cheating and ended the relationship...LOL He actually lived about 60 miles north of Crivitz~~I had been traveling up there a lot during this same time frame. My Gram lived up there too and had passed away. During September and October I was traveling up there to clean out their house and get it ready to rent and my Grandpa went to live with my mom.

Unfortunately I'm so swamped that I've got to slack some more. I barely have time to check in to see if y'all cracked the case yet!

Hey slackers (BCA and zerbert, this means you LOL)

BCA, I need you to have a look to see if I'm looking at it wrong LOL

On November 1st, RH calls her at 6:42 pm. This call shows on her phone records as 6:42 too. The call previous to that was at 4:59pm and shows on her VM records. There are no calls between this 5pm call and when RH calls her, so this VM had to fill her VM to the max. He calls at 6:42pm and he said her VM was full. If it doesn't go through to voicemail, how does it register on her phone bill? And could he have accessed her voicemail when he called her at that time? all he had to do was hit the # key and put in her password while the message was playing.

The next VM was left at 7:12am on the 2nd.

I'm trying to figure out what Zellner saw on his phone record that shows that he deleted the emails LOL

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-c...on-for-Post-Conviction-Scientific-Testing.pdf page 58 RH's phone records.
http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-c...Trial-Exhibit-361-Halbach-Cingular-Report.pdf TH's phone records
http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-c...ial-Exhibit-372-Halbach-Voicemail-Records.pdf Voicemail records

Why do I NOT see that 11/1/05 4:59pm call on TH's voicemail records? What am I missing?

sorry BCA, I should have been more clear... it's on page 3 of the link.... and it's at 17:00 :)

Is it okay to post links to Reddit on here? There's a good breakdown of the VM issue there, in the /r/SuperMAM subreddit.

Is it okay to post links to Reddit on here? There's a good breakdown of the VM issue there, in the /r/SuperMAM subreddit.

thanks for the heads up... I like reading other opinions because sometimes there are things I haven't thought about. I don't have the time to go through it all right now, but I do disagree with part of their conclusion that someone would have to call into the Cingular voice mail system number. This isn't true, if someone called her number, they could hit the # key and then enter the PIN.

I think because we are missing bits and pieces here, it's hard, I was trying to figure out why KZ thinks it was RH and provided his phone records. He did call her number on the 1st, what I'm not sure of is.... if he called her number and then hit the pound key while her message was playing and entered her VM... would her phone continue to record the time? His call only lasted 8 seconds according to her records. Does that mean he hung up? or could that mean '8 seconds into the message he hit the #' key, which essential ends his call to her number and would connect him to the VM. (I hope that makes sense, it does in my head haha) His records show 1 minute, so not sure that's long enough to delete messages either. I know there are options to fast track listening to VM's but not sure it could be that quick.

Also.... anyone could have done it from any other phone.

I'm wondering if Cingular had the capability to listen/delete voicemails from their website at that time. I know I can do it with Time Warner's voicemail, for instance. And the VM records do seem to indicate they were in their filesystem.

thanks for the heads up... I like reading other opinions because sometimes there are things I haven't thought about. I don't have the time to go through it all right now, but I do disagree with part of their conclusion that someone would have to call into the Cingular voice mail system number. This isn't true, if someone called her number, they could hit the # key and then enter the PIN.

I think because we are missing bits and pieces here, it's hard, I was trying to figure out why KZ thinks it was RH and provided his phone records. He did call her number on the 1st, what I'm not sure of is.... if he called her number and then hit the pound key while her message was playing and entered her VM... would her phone continue to record the time? His call only lasted 8 seconds according to her records. Does that mean he hung up? or could that mean '8 seconds into the message he hit the #' key, which essential ends his call to her number and would connect him to the VM. (I hope that makes sense, it does in my head haha) His records show 1 minute, so not sure that's long enough to delete messages either. I know there are options to fast track listening to VM's but not sure it could be that quick.

Also.... anyone could have done it from any other phone.

It wasn't the PIN you hit...it was the voicemail password. :blushing: IIRC, you had 3 tries, then it would kick you out. With the ex~~I made several calls before I figured out the password~~it was great because he was ignoring my calls at the time...LOL He just thought I was calling to talk to him and he didn't want to get busted....LOL...he figured it out thought and changed his password...BUT...by then it was too late...his lies were exposed and those juicy call from the other girl too...LOL

Interesting tidbit. BC spoke to RH on 11/03/05 at 9:34 pm for a total of 1 minute. Did they know each other? If not, how did BC get RH's number? He also called AutoTrader on 11/03/05 at 6:24 pm for 1 minute.

It wasn't the PIN you hit...it was the voicemail password. :blushing: IIRC, you had 3 tries, then it would kick you out. With the ex~~I made several calls before I figured out the password~~it was great because he was ignoring my calls at the time...LOL He just thought I was calling to talk to him and he didn't want to get busted....LOL...he figured it out thought and changed his password...BUT...by then it was too late...his lies were exposed and those juicy call from the other girl too...LOL

yeah, Pin ... password... LOL but you know what I mean about the 8 seconds? As soon as he got into the VM menu, it wouldn't record the time on her call record anymore because it was not longer connected, right?

I can't help but think too... if they were dating for 5 years off and on, how hard would it have been to figure out? (or if he knew it all along, and there was no "guessing" involved? lol Her brother even knew it. I don't think my brothers could figure out on mine LOL

hmmm and just a thought.... would the password show on her call history if someone physically had her phone? it dials the cingular number, it connects her, then she had to hit the numbers to get into her VM.... does that show up on her call logs? I don't have VM on my cell phone or I would try... I know it would show on my home phone though if I hit redial (and my redial holds more than the last call lol)

Interesting tidbit. BC spoke to RH on 11/03/05 at 9:34 pm for a total of 1 minute. Did they know each other? If not, how did BC get RH's number?

this isn't too suspicious, at this time they were actively looking for her. Maybe someone else contacted him, left a VM with a bunch of numbers to call back?

I will go back and look at the CASO report and see if he mentions talking to RH

this isn't too suspicious, at this time they were actively looking for her. Maybe someone else contacted him, left a VM with a bunch of numbers to call back?

I will go back and look at the CASO report and see if he mentions talking to RH

He also called AutoTrader on 11/03/05 at 6:24 pm for 1 minute.

yeah, Pin ... password... LOL but you know what I mean about the 8 seconds? As soon as he got into the VM menu, it wouldn't record the time on her call record anymore because it was not longer connected, right?

I can't help but think too... if they were dating for 5 years off and on, how hard would it have been to figure out? (or if he knew it all along, and there was no "guessing" involved? lol Her brother even knew it. I don't think my brothers could figure out on mine LOL

hmmm and just a thought.... would the password show on her call history if someone physically had her phone? it dials the cingular number, it connects her, then she had to hit the numbers to get into her VM.... does that show up on her call logs? I don't have VM on my cell phone or I would try... I know it would show on my home phone though if I hit redial (and my redial holds more than the last call lol)

I'll have to look more closely...this week has been so hectic...I just got home from work about an hour ago and yesterday was about the same...I'll devolve into this a little bit more when I have some time.

Page 45 of the CASO report, BC interview.

He stated he called her at 2117 hrs. on 11/03/05 and he found her voice mail to be fuIl. So somehow between 9:17 and 9:34 he must have found out? it doesn't say in the report.

Interesting tidbit. BC spoke to RH on 11/03/05 at 9:34 pm for a total of 1 minute. Did they know each other? If not, how did BC get RH's number? He also called AutoTrader on 11/03/05 at 6:24 pm for 1 minute.

Looks like RH called BC, not the other way around?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RonaldLew
Back