Ping Map for July 16, 2008 - Discuss that day only.

Interesting. In his interview WW states the he received a text from her at 10 pm on July 15th. The one where she says "Caylee has been missing for 32 days...". The LE interviewer questions him about this asking if he is sure that he received the message on the 15th (this while they're looking at his phone) and he says yes. Anything like that on the logs?

Looks like he texted her at 9:12 pm on the 15th and again at 9:36 pm. She called him at 12:13 am on the 16th for 7 seconds, and then he made the 3-minute call to her at 12:30 am on the 16th.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/1636217/Casey_Anthony_Cell_Log_part6

My eyes get all swimmy looking at these columns, so everyone please let me know if I have anything wrong!

Sorry Pink,

Tower 32 is how we track the towers on our Excel log of the calls. The tower was pinged three times on 7/16 and isn't on Georgia PI's map. It's located at 28.5280556 N 81.2486111 W

The 7/16 pings on this tower were at
7/16/08 WED 11:22:30 AM ( Is Tower 28.5028444 N 81.2863333 W )
7/16/08 WED 11:53:24 AM ( Is Tower 28.5028444 N 81.2863333 W )
7/16/08 WED 12:02:59 PM ( Is Tower 28.5280556 N 81.2486111 W )

Lil

I have review the map, Error may be in your spread sheet.

RED - Is mine

Looks like he texted her at 9:12 pm on the 15th and again at 9:36 pm. She called him at 12:13 am on the 16th for 7 seconds, and then he made the 3-minute call to her at 12:30 am on the 16th.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/1636217/Casey_Anthony_Cell_Log_part6

My eyes get all swimmy looking at these columns, so everyone please let me know if I have anything wrong!

Wow. It sure seems as though he does a lot of fibbing in his interview with LE. Quite a few of the things he states to do not correspond with ping/call record information that we have.

Hmmm...

I have review the map, Error may be in your spread sheet.

RED - Is mine

Here are the correct ping times for tower 32 as validated to the original pdf document:

7/16/08 WED 11:21:34 AM
7/16/08 WED 12:02:59 PM
7/16/08 WED 12:03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZlawyer

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/1636217/...Cell_Log_part6

Just to add another wrinkle to this, William W texted Amy at 12:37 am on the 16th that the COPS just contacted him using Casey's phone. So I assume the 7-second call at 12:13 am was LE calling him, and the 3-minute call at 12:30 am was him talking to LE.

I guess we are not 100% sure when LE had control of her phone and when she had control, after LE they arrived at the Anthony house in the late evening of July 15.

Was there an officer at the Anthony's from midnight onward on the 16? I ask because the phone clearly was at the Anthony's.

There are a couple tower 32 pings I am looking at. The first is at 11:22:30 AM. It is from the southwest sector of the tower. About a minute on either side of the ping are a string of pings from the cell towers near the Anthony's. So if she was heading up toward Sunderson Street, she did not get very far.

The pings make it look like she drove up in that direction, got about as far as Curry Ford Road, and turned around. Seems unlikely.

Another possibility is that tower 32 might ping near LA's on occasion. In order to get there from his parent's, one has to circle around and approach from the slight north.

The second set of tower 32 pings occur at 12:02:59 and 12:03:05. Now, if KC went up to Lee's for some reason just before 11:30, then this would be her leaving and returning to her parents.

I think the tower 32 pings might be explained by a trip to Lee's in this case. While there are some towers that are closer, 32 is only 2.5 miles from the northerly road leading to Lee's, and there is almost no development in the line of site between that tower and Lee's.

(For those looking at the spreadsheet, I am taking this straight from the PDF. The spreadsheet has some alignment problems on this date, and I noticed a couple of tower errors - at 12:04 it should be tower 22, not 49...49 is not pinged at all around this time.)

Was there an officer at the Anthony's from midnight onward on the 16? I ask because the phone clearly was at the Anthony's.

According to Cindy [I know, I know LOL] they were up all night with the LE going in and out into the next morning. I believe she said this in one of her first interviews I don't think she gives times though. The interview transcript on Aug 4 only says that Lee came back about 2:00AM and the LE officer corrected her and said 2:30AM and that she states that he gave them (sic LE) her phone (sic Casey’s) [but we known from the phone log that Casey was texting Tony so I have to wonder when Lee gave the phone to LE.] Cindy also says that she was standing outside her house while the deputy was going through the numbers in the phone calling people. Again no time mentioned. The other interview has not been transcribed yet so I can't do a quick read through and see if there are any specific times mentioned.
Sorry, I was hoping to find a more definitive answer to your question. If anyone has or knows where there is a written transcript of all of Cindy’s interviews I would appreciate it.

Assuming that KC still had her phone with her and that the pings for July 16th are indicative of her physical location throughout the day, I am particularly interested in the pings for this day because I am convinced that she took LE near or by locations where Caylee/evidence is located. I don't think it was a complete "goose chase". I would not be in the least bit surprised if she didn't have them to drive to specific locations that would allow her to drive past or near to where Caylee/evidence may actually be.

MOO

I think the tower 32 pings might be explained by a trip to Lee's in this case. While there are some towers that are closer, 32 is only 2.5 miles from the northerly road leading to Lee's, and there is almost no development in the line of site between that tower and Lee's.

*snipped*

Thanks for the follow-up, JWG. Always appreciated!

THIS "apparent" trip to Lee's is enough, IMHO, for LE to have probable cause to search/K-9 Lee's residence, car, etc.

I'm trying to imagine how in the world the events we know just occurred in the last 12hrs leading up to this jaunt would give a plausible gotta-go-to-Lee's-real-quick story. If Casey wanted to have a private conversation w/ Lee they could've done that in his car in the driveway.

However,

IF...
  • Casey needed to have a quick face-to-face w/ someone other than Lee outta view of others, or
  • Casey needed to show Lee something physically at/near his place, or
  • Fill in the blank

...more questions than answers, of course, but, these are questions I wasn't asking 'till Pink called attention to the activities of the AM.

Bond - Keep in mind that Lee may have had the phone in his possesion at some point that day??? I do vaguely remember that in a couple of interviews, it was mentioned that Lee called people. I'm trying to remember which interview. It was one where he did a "speed dial" on KC's phone expecting someone to answer but the number was for someone else...

Bond - Keep in mind that Lee may have had the phone in his possesion at some point that day??? I do vaguely remember that in a couple of interviews, it was mentioned that Lee called people. I'm trying to remember which interview. It was one where he did a "speed dial" on KC's phone expecting someone to answer but the number was for someone else...

My speculation works sooooooo much better when unencumbered with the facts. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back