Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Websleuths has agreed to participate in a research project being put together by students at Georgia Tech.

I have spoken personally to the professor in charge of this classroom and can assure you this is a legit study/project.

One of our members, RakGore, will be contacting members via private message to ask about your experience on Websleuths. There may be a couple of other students. If so I will post their names here so you will not be surprised if you hear from them.

Below is part of the message I received from RakGore.
"....I am a Computer Science student at Georgia Tech. My team and I are in a class called Design of Online Communities. We are interested in Websleuths and wanted to write our final paper about the site. Our research includes interviewing users on their experiences interacting in the community. We wanted to ask if it would be alright with you for us to study the community on Websleuths."

If you are contacted you will not have to give any personal information. They will be asking about your experience on Websleuths.

If you have any questions you can post here or send me a private message.

Thank you,

Tricia

Cool! I took a class on Internet Communities in college about ten years ago, and later acted as an undergraduate teaching assistant and got to speak as an “expert” about mommy bloggers. I hope I get to participate!!

Hey Everyone,

Websleuths has agreed to participate in a research project being put together by students at Georgia Tech.

I have spoken personally to the professor in charge of this classroom and can assure you this is a legit study/project.

One of our members, RakGore, will be contacting members via private message to ask about your experience on Websleuths. There may be a couple of other students. If so I will post their names here so you will not be surprised if you hear from them.

Below is part of the message I received from RakGore.
"....I am a Computer Science student at Georgia Tech. My team and I are in a class called Design of Online Communities. We are interested in Websleuths and wanted to write our final paper about the site. Our research includes interviewing users on their experiences interacting in the community. We wanted to ask if it would be alright with you for us to study the community on Websleuths."

If you are contacted you will not have to give any personal information. They will be asking about your experience on Websleuths.

If you have any questions you can post here or send me a private message.

Thank you,

Tricia

I’m glad that you have spoken to the professor in charge. I have fwd’d you the interview request for your review.

I received the request for an interview request last week, a 90 minute interview via phone and/or instant messaging, but said I prefer not to do phone and instant message interviews, but am happy to help if messaging within the WS platform after learning more about the project and getting your approval. The student said her professor has approved this communication via WS PM and asked if I had time this week, to which I will now formally and officially agree since you have researched and approved of the project.

This should be interesting. I’ll keep you guys posted.

Last edited:
Hey guys! I am also one of the research students working on the project! Feel free to contact me if you would be willing to set up an interview for the study! It is a 90-minute (or less) interview that can be done preferably on the phone but can also be done through an instant messaging app or even here through PM. If there are any questions that you have please feel free to ask!

Thank you,
Dezarae

I was interviewed last Tuesday. Interesting questions & it was fun. My researcher kept to the schedule & 90 minute time limit perfectly. We interviewed through PM right here on WS. She will create a pseudonym for my pseudonym, so truly anonymous. Had to keep refreshing the page to see when a new question was up, but other than that, easy-peasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam