POI: Joseph Blea

What did Montoya do for a living? Blea we know was a landscaper and would have been proficient with a shovel. I heard or read somewhere recently that the tree tag was in one of the graves 8 ft. in depth. I don't know how accurate that information is but if it was deep like that it was likely covered at the same time the victim was. I'm not even sure it's possible to dig a 8 ft hole without a ladder to climb back out or a set of long handled post hole diggers and it would take quite a bit of effort. I'm wondering if some dirt was pushed over the graves when they were leveling off of the subdivision and that explains the depth. Blea looks like a really good possibility to me.

From what I have read...the victims were found with NO clothes or belongings. Why??? To maybe help with hiding identity?? With DNA these days, it doesn't seem like that would make sense.

Why naked? Does someone somewhere have a whole room full of trophy's? Were they killed after sex? All of them? If so, the clothes still have to be somewhere.

At least 11 pairs of shoes...At least 11 pairs of pants, underwear (maybe), 11 bras (maybe), and 11 shirts. Jewelery. Purses. Items in the purses. Somebody HAS these things. I cant see them keeping all of it just to donate it the Salvation Army or something. They were kept for a reason...and I don't think ID purposes had anything to do with it. Not in this day and age.

Blea's wife said he had women's clothing and jewelry.....I don't know...why would Blea walk around telling people, or letting people KNOW or be so careless to let them find out, that women were being killed? Because, clearly, people KNEW or there wouldn't be all those phone calls to victim's families prior to bodies being found...that doesn't seem like something someone like Blea would let happen. More like someone who wanted the others to FEAR them as in a way to control. Unless Blea was working with someone....

From what I have read...the victims were found with NO clothes or belongings. Why??? To maybe help with hiding identity?? With DNA these days, it doesn't seem like that would make sense.

Why naked? Does someone somewhere have a whole room full of trophy's? Were they killed after sex? All of them? If so, the clothes still have to be somewhere.

At least 11 pairs of shoes...At least 11 pairs of pants, underwear (maybe), 11 bras (maybe), and 11 shirts. Jewelery. Purses. Items in the purses. Somebody HAS these things. I cant see them keeping all of it just to donate it the Salvation Army or something. They were kept for a reason...and I don't think ID purposes had anything to do with it. Not in this day and age.

Blea's wife said he had women's clothing and jewelry.....I don't know...why would Blea walk around telling people, or letting people KNOW or be so careless to let them find out, that women were being killed? Because, clearly, people KNEW or there wouldn't be all those phone calls to victim's families prior to bodies being found...that doesn't seem like something someone like Blea would let happen. More like someone who wanted the others to FEAR them as in a way to control. Unless Blea was working with someone....

I added to my post.

Hello, the seeker! I'm just bouncing off your post because it had to do with the clothing, or rather the lack of clothing.

This is probably unrelated and I wasn't even going to mention it, but I keep thinking about it...so here goes:

I don't think I can link or quote from it because it is from a thread " downstairs". Anyway, the gist of it is....a poster here came across a display of women's clothing located in a vacant house in a ghost town in NEW MEXICO. There were also things written on the walls and the whole thing was rather creepy. I remember thinking at the time that it looked like a 'trophy room'.

I realize the odds are pretty slim of this being connected. But, I just can't seem to shake the feeling that it might be so I had to say something.

If anyone wants to take a look....the thread is located in the
Jury Room....I bumped it, so it should be on top.
Name of the thread is ' disturbing display I found in a vacant house'.

The good thing is that Blea will be locked up for a long time. The bad is that he may never be charged with these murders, which I think he did commit.

Look at the comment at the bottom by Dudley DoRight.....worth checking with this former boss of Blea's?

http://krqe.com/2015/06/08/accused-serial-rapist-west-mesa-murder-suspect-sentenced-to-36-years-in-rape-case/

Nah, this is why comments are considered off limits. Do a search on the person Dudly DoRight mentions and you will see hundreds of hits claiming that person is all sorts of terrible things and owns all sorts of terrible companies. None of it checks out. It's a *years* long personal vendetta by someone (and that someone is horrifyingly misogynistic and homophobic as well). I'd say they are unbalanced and have a lot of time on their hands.

http://krqe.com/2014/01/31/does-apd-have-a-suspect-in-the-west-mesa-murders/

The excavation team found an identification tag from a tree that was purchased at an Albuquerque nursery in one of the graves. It took months of cross-referencing to put it all together, but detectives were able to trace the tag back to a nursery where Blea, who had worked as a gardener and landscaper, was a frequent customer, KRQE has learned.

As soon as this was said in the show, I found it very interesting. Especially since LISK had girls wrapped in Burlap Tree Bags... Blea a landscaper... possible link?

Do these voices sound like the same man?
https://youtu.be/uMQjcNXdJl4

one voice is the man claiming to be the Bone Collector. the other voice is the killer of Amber Tucarro in CANADA.

I had someone make this comparison after I noticed the voices sounded similar. The detective who had contact with the supposed Bone Collector was floored when he heard it. He said he was going to have forensic voice experts check it out or something.

Could be something. Could be nothing. They sound SO similar though AND both men prefer to kill latina/native looking girls.

From above link..."Blea's DNA...matched DNA discovered on the pants of a young prostitute whose body had been dumped in the 1980's..."statute of limitations prevented a charge in that case"

How can this be? She was murdered. No statute of limitations there.

it would depend on what they would want to charge him with. They have proof that he had sex with her. What they don't know is if it was consensual sex or if it was rape. There also has been no proof that he murdered her. If it would be first degree murder than there would be no statute of limitations but if it was second degree than the statute of limitations would be 6 years, if it was 3rd or 4th than it would be 5 years. He was a rapist and would only rape teenagers until more recently.

The voice in the Bone Collector recording in not Joseph Blea's. I know his voice well and his speech patterns. Different inflections, different pitch and timber.

West Mesa suspect loses appeal in rape cases

"The fate of the only living suspect in the notorious West Mesa serial killing appears to be sealed.

The New Mexico Supreme Court last month declined to hear a case involving Joseph Blea, 61, who was convicted of a string of decades-old rapes.

That means Blea’s case is effectively dead and he’ll spend the rest of his life in prison. He is serving his 90-year sentence at the Otero County Prison Facility in southern New Mexico.

Albuquerque police have pointed to Blea as one of two suspects in the West Mesa murders....

...Police Chief Mike Geier told the Journal earlier this year that a detective tried to interview Blea in prison about the West Mesa case.

“He’s never cooperated,” Geier said. “Maybe if he’s the one, he’ll come clean one day.”..."

West Mesa suspect loses appeal in rape cases
---

Is Joseph Blea tied to West Mesa killings?

June 11th, 2015

"No one has ever been charged in the murders of 11 women whose bodies were buried on Albuquerque’s West Mesa – one of the nation’s worst unsolved serial killing cases.

But an affidavit obtained by the Journal reveals that investigators believed a plant tag from a California nursery found at one of the burial sites connected the victim to a rapist sentenced this week.

The affidavit filed in 2010 in support of a search warrant seeking DNA from Joseph R. Blea, 58, says the identification tag for 5-gallon spearmint juniper was recovered from the grave of a victim found 8 feet below the surface “in an area where Blea was known to dump debris from his landscape business.

“It is highly unlikely (the tag) blew into the pile of dirt after the grave #2 had been dug up,” according to the affidavit filed by APD detectives..."

Is Joseph Blea tied to West Mesa killings?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopyxxoo31
Back