Police say parents are not answering vital questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
:waitasec: Here's another thought :

If your baby is "missing" and you have absolutely NOTHING to hide ...

Wouldn't you be "camped out" at the Police Station doing "anything" and "everything" to help LE find your baby ?

Wouldn't you be "calling" LE every day or every hour or so if you were unable to "camp out" at headquarters ?

JMO ...

No, I wouldn't. Because camping out at the police station is not going to find Lisa. And if they were in my face accusing me of killing my baby and I know I didn't, then I would stay away from their turf. That's just me.

you can't be entraped unless you've done something or are willing to do something. So what if the clothes they show her are not Lisa's-that's all she has to say-they're not hers, I know, I'm her mother, keep looking..cell phones don't work so couldn't ping or whatever if you know it to be true. You only get tripped up if you're not sure what they know or what they have already found and you know what happened and you don't want them to figure it out.

My child is missing and I get "uncomfortable" and stop helping to find her..I don't think so. Why can't they say what made them so uncomfortable that they wouldn't cooperate. If you know you didn't do anything and you know you need LE to find your missing infant then you don't stop telling them it's not you, you didn't do it, please find her. You'd beg everyone to find your child, you'd beg the TV viewers instead of defensively defending your possible black out. If you wanted to suddenly be "honest" you'd be saying how guilty you felt that you were drunk and can't remember and that maybe if you hadn't been she would be OK. You would not be concerned with yourself-it doesn't compute. There is no discomfort from answering questions that you would not put yourself or your children through if it meant that it would help find her or keep LE searching for her or maybe provide some scrap of information that would help.

I believe in common sense and comon sense tells me if you don't cooperate with people trying to find your missing child then you don't want your missing child found and your "missing" child is not missing. If you're completely innocent you're not motivated by some fear that you'll go to jail as you're too afraid your precious child will never be found or will be harmed. IMO, that's your fear, your only fear, if you're innocent.

IMO - the reason they are/they are not cooperating stories coming out is that they are cooperating until the police use a tactic that they feel is entraping them. IE - showing burnt clothing, saying we have evidence that shows cell phone usage or pings - accusing her/them of knowing where Lisa is or worse. If I am DB and I KNOW that I am innocent (not saying that this is the case - just an example) and that what they are telling me can't be true - for example - clothes they show me don't belong to Lisa and I have never seen them before (not saying this is case - cause we don't know one way or the other), know that my cell phone can't be used - then I am going to get "uncomfortable" with the line of questioning too and I think I would want an attorney before I answered any more questions.

Yes innocent people would have no reason not to cooperate. If you're innocent the police are not a threat because to charge and prosecute there needs to be evidence - and if you're innocent there would be no evidence simple as that.

True... unless you consider all the innocent people who have been convicted of crimes and later exonerated sometimes years later.

I can't help but think of little Riley Fox and how they browbeat her daddy into a 'confession'... turns out he had nothing to do with it. And how they tried to pin Jessica Lundsford's death on her grandpa. And Jaycee Dugard's stepdad was a suspect for 18 years. There are a few more I can't think of right now, but the whole point is, sometimes innocent people are convicted, and guilty people go free. It's not just that simple. Sorry.

If your 10 month old child was missing...would you work against LE or with LE?

Innocent people would work with LE and do everything and anything to bring your daughter back home and hopefully alive!!!! You would be organizing searches, plastering posters around town, pleading to the media for her safe return.

Guilty people would form a wall around themselves and work against LE and hire a lawyer.

so YOU are not your primary concern. This isn't some random crime you're being questioned about-this is your missing infant. I can't fathom that I would refuse to cooperate or let the two possible witnesses be questioned out of some fear that I would someday be imprisoned wrongfully for some crime I didnt commit. The DUKE lacrosse players are an entirely different story. Yes, people are wrongfully convicted of crimes but is this really your primary concern when your child is missing? Maybe in some people's worlds this is more important-the need to protect yourself from maybe someday being accused of, wrongfully convicted of and imprisoned for, a crime-that's more important than finding your missing child...OK, alrighty then.

Innocent people have plenty of reason to stop cooperating. The Innocence project could certainly give you along list of innocent people imprisoned for decades. In some cases, LE acted in good faith and in some they didn't. And then there's that Nifong guy we all have to fear and his type.

It's just simply not true that if you're innocent you have no reason to fear an investigation by LE.

True... unless you consider all the innocent people who have been convicted of crimes and later exonerated sometimes years later.

I can't help but think of little Riley Fox and how they browbeat her daddy into a 'confession'... turns out he had nothing to do with it. And how they tried to pin Jessica Lundsford's death on her grandpa. And Jaycee Dugard's stepdad was a suspect for 18 years. There are a few more I can't think of right now, but the whole point is, sometimes innocent people are convicted, and guilty people go free. It's not just that simple. Sorry.

All the people you list still cooperated with law enforcement. There is absolutely no excuse for Lisa's parents to stop cooperating when the child is still missing. No excuse for their refusal to allow police to re-interview the brothers. These are not acts of innocence.

JMO

I don't think LE is saying they are not answering vital questions for the heck of it;
I believe them. I totally see this case being about protecting the parents from trouble or charges now more than about finding out what happened to the baby, from the parents point of view, IMO, almost as though whatever happened to Lisa has already happened, so no point in us "going down".

Plenty of parents have cooperated under suspicion in the past, i.e. Amber's stepfather, Marc K, etc...what I can't recall is an innocent parent who stopped talking to police before police wanted to stop talking to them. JMO

But don't you put aside those fears and do everything possible to FIND YOUR CHILD?

There doesn't seem to be any indication that they are refusing to answer questions that might help find Lisa. LE has stated they are willing to help with tips and I guess clear up vagueries in the tips. My guess is they'd answer questions all day long like, did you give a key to your home to anyone. Do you know of any acquaintances who have suddenly gone missing or left the area?

If they're innocent, THOSE are the kind of questions that will help find Lisa, not endless accusations.

IMHO.

Just take this FWIW: SOME cops have been known to speak with a forked tongue. What they say in public is not always the way it is. When they say someone is not cooperating, that can mean they aren't telling them what they want to hear. If they said they aren't talking to them at all, that's one thing. Not telling them the truth is another thing. Not confessing to a crime is still another. It could be any or all three.
I have followed other cases where LE is blasted six ways to Sunday and read all kinds of complaints that they aren't doing their jobs, they're incompetent, they're lazy, and a bunch of liars. Yet in this case, some want to believe every word that comes out of their mouths. Wonder why that is?
See, we believe what we want to... if it fits our theory, the cops are the good guys. If it doesn't, then they're the bad guys.
I usually a big defender of LE, but in this case it makes me wonder. I want to believe they know what they're doing, but just not too sure they're going about it the right way. Time will tell, I guess.

you can't be entraped unless you've done something or are willing to do something. So what if the clothes they show her are not Lisa's-that's all she has to say-they're not hers, I know, I'm her mother, keep looking..cell phones don't work so couldn't ping or whatever if you know it to be true. You only get tripped up if you're not sure what they know or what they have already found and you know what happened and you don't want them to figure it out.

My child is missing and I get "uncomfortable" and stop helping to find her..I don't think so. Why can't they say what made them so uncomfortable that they wouldn't cooperate. If you know you didn't do anything and you know you need LE to find your missing infant then you don't stop telling them it's not you, you didn't do it, please find her. You'd beg everyone to find your child, you'd beg the TV viewers instead of defensively defending your possible black out. If you wanted to suddenly be "honest" you'd be saying how guilty you felt that you were drunk and can't remember and that maybe if you hadn't been she would be OK. You would not be concerned with yourself-it doesn't compute. There is no discomfort from answering questions that you would not put yourself or your children through if it meant that it would help find her or keep LE searching for her or maybe provide some scrap of information that would help.

I believe in common sense and comon sense tells me if you don't cooperate with people trying to find your missing child then you don't want your missing child found and your "missing" child is not missing. If you're completely innocent you're not motivated by some fear that you'll go to jail as you're too afraid your precious child will never be found or will be harmed. IMO, that's your fear, your only fear, if you're innocent.

BBM - That says it all! Well put!!

If by "unrestricted" LE means without legal counsel present, I'm fine with that.

I'm one of those people who would nevvvvver give a statement to LE without an atty. Ever. Too many cases that have gone horribly awry.

Huge fan of our legal system (yes, even now, despite it's many flaws) here in the U.S.A.! Love our Constitution, our Bill of Rights. I still think the 5th and Miranda are hugely important concepts. :twocents:

Common sense is that undefinable thing one can accuse others of not having.

All the people you list still cooperated with law enforcement. There is absolutely no excuse for Lisa's parents to stop cooperating when the child is still missing. No excuse for their refusal to allow police to re-interview the brothers. These are not acts of innocence.

JMO

Well, I think we've seen quite a few good 'excuses' in this thread already, I'm not going to repeat them. I will just say again... 'cooperation' means different things to different people.

Just take this FWIW: SOME cops have been known to speak with a forked tongue. What they say in public is not always the way it is. When they say someone is not cooperating, that can mean they aren't telling them what they want to hear. If they said they aren't talking to them at all, that's one thing. Not telling them the truth is another thing. Not confessing to a crime is still another. It could be any or all three.
I have followed other cases where LE is blasted six ways to Sunday and read all kinds of complaints that they aren't doing their jobs, they're incompetent, they're lazy, and a bunch of liars. Yet in this case, some want to believe every word that comes out of their mouths. Wonder why that is?
See, we believe what we want to... if it fits our theory, the cops are the good guys. If it doesn't, then they're the bad guys.
I usually a big defender of LE, but in this case it makes me wonder. I want to believe they know what they're doing, but just not too sure they're going about it the right way. Time will tell, I guess.

How are the cops in any way acting as bad guys? They've relentlessly searched and are still doing so and the potential jury pool is well aware of it. The parents need to stop whining in front of cameras and actually help find their child.

JMO

If by "unrestricted" LE means without legal counsel present, I'm fine with that.

I'm one of those people who would nevvvvver give a statement to LE without an atty. Ever. Too many cases that have gone horribly awry.

Huge fan of our legal system (yes, even now, despite it's many flaws) here in the U.S.A.! Love our Constitution, our Bill of Rights. I still think the 5th and Miranda are hugely important concepts. :twocents:
Me too, across the board. I was mainly interested in that snippet as it revealed the parents had consulted counsel at an earlier time, before Joe Tacopina got there. Hadn't seen that before.

Well, I think we've seen quite a few good 'excuses' in this thread already, I'm not going to repeat them. I will just say again... 'cooperation' means different things to different people.

I haven't seen any good excuse for the parents failure to cooperate with LE.
The parents told Megyn Kelly in the interview that they were refusing to allow LE to re-interview the other children. I know the definition of "refuse" and "cooperation."

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member