POLL ADDED Connect The Dots-Working theories thread #2

What is your theory in Kyron's disappearance?

• Terri alone is responsible for Kyron's disappearance and it was unplanned, an accident.

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Terri alone is responsible for Kyron's disappearance and it was planned.

Votes: 43 15.8%
  • Terri is responsible for Kyron's disappearance, it was unplanned and DeDe was called for help

Votes: 38 13.9%
  • Terri is responsible for Kyron's disappearance, it was planned and DeDe helped plan it.

Votes: 108 39.6%
  • A stranger abducted Kyron. (Stranger being ANYONE except Terri, DeDe or accomplice.)

Votes: 20 7.3%
  • Kyron is still at the school or somewhere around the school grounds

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • A stranger abducted Kyron or Kyron is still at the school or somewhere around school grounds.

Votes: 12 4.4%
  • No idea

Votes: 47 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My latest theory....

<snip>

Its a theory.... one of many, I suppose, and it has plenty of holes..... but its just the result of my most recent pondering.... my attempts to make the random puzzle pieces fit together.

Thanks. I like this theory. And not just because it's somewhat less horrible than other alternatives. Because I have trouble believing that it's a random stranger abduction, but I also have trouble believing that the whole cell phone secrecy thing adds up to TH somehow trying to save Kyron, due to alleged abuse, affair, etc. on KH's part. I posted extensively about this in one of the cell phone threads, but basically if this is some sort of "save Kyron" plot, it's a unnecessarily complicated way to get Kyron out of harm's way. I firmly believe that Kyron disappeared for reasons having to do with the needs of adults, whatever those needs are--revenge, hide an affair, get attention, make someone else look bad, possibly money, etc.

With TH's odd--IMHO--behavior, which to me in many cases shows a lack of judgement, I could easily imagine her "playing with fire" in regards to another as-yet-unknown person and getting in over her head. I think there are a couple holes, but overall it's an interesting idea. I'll ponder it some too.

Thanks. I like this theory. And not just because it's somewhat less horrible than other alternatives. Because I have trouble believing that it's a random stranger abduction, but I also have trouble believing that the whole cell phone secrecy thing adds up to TH somehow trying to save Kyron, due to alleged abuse, affair, etc. on KH's part. I posted extensively about this in one of the cell phone threads, but basically if this is some sort of "save Kyron" plot, it's a unnecessarily complicated way to get Kyron out of harm's way. I firmly believe that Kyron disappeared for reasons having to do with the needs of adults, whatever those needs are--revenge, hide an affair, get attention, make someone else look bad, possibly money, etc.

With TH's odd--IMHO--behavior, which to me in many cases shows a lack of judgement, I could easily imagine her "playing with fire" in regards to another as-yet-unknown person and getting in over her head. I think there are a couple holes, but overall it's an interesting idea. I'll ponder it some too.

I agree, I think she became involved with the wrong person or persons.

It might be just really excellent fiction, but for me, my theory is still holding given recent reports......

I think the second person in the truck will turn out to be a male person, one that TH was having a relationship with ... Dede knew about the relationship but neither DS nor TH knew what he was going to do.... TH left Kyron at school just like she said and went shopping... but mystery person returned or remained and lured Kyron out of the building (much easier to imagine than a stranger abduction.) When TH found out that he had Kyron (from him, he contacted her maybe with a photo message) she called DS at her job, freaking out... DS came running to help but it was too late.... Mystery person and Kyron were gone, they drove around looking for him but could then only hope that somehow Kyron would be returned to the school and come home as normal, that the bad guy was just terrorizing her but wouldn't actually harm or keep Kyron. But it didn't happen... her attempts to get additional secret cellphones have been to try and locate him. She didn't contest the RO b/c she's afraid that Baby K could be next, obviously this person is much more dangerous than she thought, someone that she now regrets ever getting involved with.

I suggest that there is a cellphone missing..... not purchased after the abduction, but purchased before and it was to facilitate her relationship with this mystery person. She and/or DS destroyed it on June 4th. And since we know that DS returned to her job site on the afternoon of June 4, I think its what LE was looking for there. It would make sense that DS would take it to dispose of it. I think they made the decision to hide their knowledge about this person to protect themselves.... sacrificing Kyron in the process.

I've always had a problem with the idea that she could have harmed Kyron and nobody (except DY) suspect she had it in her, as well as with the idea that a mostly normal, suburban stay at home mom could have sold him or willingly handed him off to be killed. Maybe that's what my problem is, why I can't just say she planned it and then carried it out. My admittedly made-for-TV-worthy theory accommodates my disbelief in these areas. I can believe that she had a extra-marital affair going on even while she had no real intentions of leaving her husband, I can believe that the guy turned out to be a very bad person, I can believe that she stood by and didn't confess this to protect her own self. Image is everything and it would ruin hers, not to mention keep her away from Baby K for a very long time.

But wouldn't it just be poetic justice too good even for TV? TH was not the person KH thought she was.... and her mystery man wasn't the person she thought HE was either. The deceiver was deceived.

My most current theory is that if she's actually involved, TH is covering for someone else. It's the only way to make all the weird evidence fit, and I believe that the one she was covering for was in the truck with her...and that it was a he.

As to why she'd cover for him, I have my opinion...and it's based on something we're not yet allowed to talk about here. But suffice it to say that TH was adopted, and had, in her life, felt great rejection because of that, and had vowed to never let that happen to someone else. (I speak from the adoptee's position...as I am one and understand the huge issues which can occur with an adopted person).

I can't say more, and I wish I could...but I like this place and don't want a TO.

Best-
Herding Cats

My latest theory....

1. Terry enjoys the thrill of having a "secret" and possibly forbidden relationship (proof: per DY, her relationship with KH prior to Kyron's birth, per law enforcement her relationship with the alledged MFH landscaper took a similar form as her relationship with MC which we can surmise meant the use of text messages and since she was married at the time, presumably this meant it was carried on in secret, and possibly even her relationship with MC would fall under this category)

2. She could have been engaged in a similar relationship with an unknown party. Her communication with him likely was technology based and could have included methods more difficult to trace than cell phone texts, ie facebook chats, google chat, etc. Perhaps he shares her love of technology and had the know-how to keep their (adulterous) relationship a secret, presumably from KH but, in the end, also from LE.

3. This person did not understand that she was playing a game but desired a "real" relationship. This would not be unreasonable since usually people like Terry target easy marks. (b/c otherwise they won't be stupid enough to believe her) So perhaps this guy was emotionally needy to the point of instability and as a result of her manipulations became emotionally invested in the relationship.

4. Terry refuses to leave KH for this person and gives as her excuse her "wonderful" relationship with Kyron... she might have kept custody of Baby K (especially if KH was as terrible as she was likely portraying him to be to her mystery man) but she would have had no claim whatsoever to Kyron and, in fact, it would have been believable if she told her mystery man that if they split, Kyron would go to Metford to live with DY. Likely, if TH was trying to make herself look better and/or appear to be more of a martyr in order to garner a sympathetic reaction from her mystery man, she would have portrayed DY and TY as bad parents. Basically, she had weaved a web of lies upon which the entire virtual relationship was based and she used Kyron as the reason why she couldn't/wouldn't change her current situation.

5. Mystery man decided to "force" the issue by abducting Kyron. Perhaps he had figured out that she was playing him and snapped, maybe he had past experience with women leading him on. Perhaps Kyron had met him, maybe he was at the Science Fair... maybe he's another parent even..... Maybe the media coverage after the event made it clear to him that she had been untruthful to him. Likely he has completely disappeared.

6. TH doesn't know exactly what happened, perhaps has had little or no contact with him since 6/4 (I think perhaps she did get contact from him directly after the abduction, causing her to send up a midday SOS call to DS, perhaps the two of them were driving around looking for Kyron and his abductor) Now, she doesn't want to reveal his identity in hopes that Kyron is still be alive but won't be if she tells. Maybe the whole cellphone thing is an attempt to find a way to contact him without the notice of law enforcement. Maybe it is her hope that mystery man will eventually surface with Kyron, since his intent was to hurt HER not him. She would also be terrified that if he HAS hurt Kyron that she will go to prison and will never see Baby K again. As it is now, she has *hope* that eventually she could get visitation/custody rights, but knows that now is not the time to be pursuing them. Perhaps right now she thinks she's relatively safe in that they can't prove she did anything with Kyron, because she didn't.

This scenario doesn't negate her image as a loving stepmother (she could still have been, to a point, and might never have hurt Kyron herself or ever even wanted him to be hurt) it doesn't require a random stranger abduction, it is in line with her failed polygraphs (signs of being evasive), it explains the driving around she did as well as the behavior of DS and it makes her cellphone acquiring controversy almost logical.

Its a theory.... one of many, I suppose, and it has plenty of holes..... but its just the result of my most recent pondering.... my attempts to make the random puzzle pieces fit together.

This is very interesting and helps explain something that has been troubling me - if Kaine thought Terri was directly involved in Kyron's disappearance, why would the RO include the secret hideaway address?

About six weeks ago I got a chill when looking at a photo that included Terri, J, Kyron and K and thought this whole scenario revolved around disfunction within the family. And, yet, if Terri wasn't directly involved wouldn't her lawyer urge her to cooperate and bargain for immunity?

It might be just really excellent fiction, but for me, my theory is still holding given recent reports......

I think the second person in the truck will turn out to be a male person, one that TH was having a relationship with ... Dede knew about the relationship but neither DS nor TH knew what he was going to do.... TH left Kyron at school just like she said and went shopping... but mystery person returned or remained and lured Kyron out of the building (much easier to imagine than a stranger abduction.) When TH found out that he had Kyron (from him, he contacted her maybe with a photo message) she called DS at her job, freaking out... DS came running to help but it was too late.... Mystery person and Kyron were gone, they drove around looking for him but could then only hope that somehow Kyron would be returned to the school and come home as normal, that the bad guy was just terrorizing her but wouldn't actually harm or keep Kyron. But it didn't happen... her attempts to get additional secret cellphones have been to try and locate him. She didn't contest the RO b/c she's afraid that Baby K could be next, obviously this person is much more dangerous than she thought, someone that she now regrets ever getting involved with.

I suggest that there is a cellphone missing..... not purchased after the abduction, but purchased before and it was to facilitate her relationship with this mystery person. She and/or DS destroyed it on June 4th. And since we know that DS returned to her job site on the afternoon of June 4, I think its what LE was looking for there. It would make sense that DS would take it to dispose of it. I think they made the decision to hide their knowledge about this person to protect themselves.... sacrificing Kyron in the process.

I've always had a problem with the idea that she could have harmed Kyron and nobody (except DY) suspect she had it in her, as well as with the idea that a mostly normal, suburban stay at home mom could have sold him or willingly handed him off to be killed. Maybe that's what my problem is, why I can't just say she planned it and then carried it out. My admittedly made-for-TV-worthy theory accommodates my disbelief in these areas. I can believe that she had a extra-marital affair going on even while she had no real intentions of leaving her husband, I can believe that the guy turned out to be a very bad person, I can believe that she stood by and didn't confess this to protect her own self. Image is everything and it would ruin hers, not to mention keep her away from Baby K for a very long time.

But wouldn't it just be poetic justice too good even for TV? TH was not the person KH thought she was.... and her mystery man wasn't the person she thought HE was either. The deceiver was deceived.

I think the other person in the truck will turn out to be a man. I also think that it will be someone that she hired to get rid of Kyron. I think she wanted to hurt Kaine by getting rid of Kyron, because Kaine got rid of her son, plus he was probably seeing someone. I think she paid someone to do harm to that child because she wanted it done but couldn't do it herself.

Then I think that she had to create an alibi so she called her friends and told them that this terrible accident/thing happened and they believed her (initially) and put themselves out there to help her in her time of crisis.

But it's all going to come crashing down. Even if they never find him, the truth is going to eventually come out. TH just involves too many people and they are all going to talk to save their own skins.

The only ones that we can sleuth at this time are TH and DDS. They haven't been officially named by LE as suspects, but Tricia feels that there is enough MSM information out there to allow them to be sleuthed.

As for anyone else, you can make your own assumptions about their behavior, but it must be backed up by something you've seen in the MSM. This makes it hard because WW is coming out with all sorts of "family issue" type reporting. Just make sure you are staying within the realm of what is being reported as you post. Blatant statements that victims are responsible for Kyron's disappearance are not allowed unless something is reported in the MSM that makes such a statement.

Think about the statement from Rosemont Farms before you post about people in this case. That will help you a lot!

And comments about any minors in this case being involved are not allowed. Not even hints.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111263"]***PLEASE READ - Current Forum Issues***#2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I just can not make anything work in my head that allows me to believe that a woman not only wants to do harm to her stepson but that she can find someone to help her. Maybe more than one person. I just can't.

Even if she gave them some wild story about possible abuse to Kyron...it's gone way past that now. Anyone would realize that she had lied and come forward. Or she herself (Terri) would retrieve Kyron but try to lay the blame elsewhere, on whomever she would claim was the abuser. She would try to be seen as the hero, trying to protect the little boy.

So if Terri is involved, I think Kyron can't be retrieved. The opposite of what Desiree has to make herself think; she has to think it's Terri so that he might be alive, but I think if it is Terri, he must not be.

I understand what you're saying and it does make sense. However, DY has made her feelings known about TH and they were not positive. Given how she feels about TH, why would she even consider that Kyron would be alive if TH had him? I know, wishful thinking probably.

A friend of mine inherited 4 children when she married her husband. It has been hell from day 1. Now, about 5 years into it, she's down to the last child and cannot wait to get rid of him.

It totally puzzles me. Everyone loves her. She can be so sweet and giving, but I think all the resentment she has about the way her husband treats her gets projected on to this child that she had to take care of.

It nauseates me. Honestly. I love her but I do not understand this emotion.

But it totally reminds me of this Kyron situation. From what I've heard, Kaine was having an affair. I also heard that he had an affair when Kyron's mother was pregnant. So maybe there is something with him and pregnancy/new baby that makes him stray. Who knows. But maybe Terry just starting resenting Kyron because of her husband's unfaithfulness. Now, if you've ever encountered a cheating husband, they like to make you think you're crazy and imagining things, plus they're gone a lot, so the household can get pretty tense.

Then on top of the affair, add in that Kaine told her teenage son that he had to leave. Yikes, that would be VERY upsetting. So, she has a baby, a stepson, a wandering husband and her son is being thrown out of the house.

Just my opinion, but I think she got rid of Kyron out of revenge and rage.

ITA with this! Lots of emotional stress, dysfunction and loss of love.............

I find it difficult to believe Terri managed to find another person, perhaps more than one other person, willing to help her abduct, harm, and/or cover up harming Kyron. Harming a child is a different breed of criminal, IMHO.

I find it difficult to believe LE has a wealth of evidence against Terri and yet they are just now revealing there was someone else in the truck with Terri and LE, in all likelihood, needs help identifying this person.

I find it difficult to believe LE has a wealth of evidence against Terri and yet they are releasing another questionnaire requesting information from the general public about Terri's whereabouts two months ago, this time also requesting information about the whereabouts of Dede Spicher.

I understand what you're saying and it does make sense. However, DY has made her feelings known about TH and they were not positive. Given how she feels about TH, why would she even consider that Kyron would be alive if TH had him? I know, wishful thinking probably.

Well if Terri did not take him, someone unknown and therefore possibly even scarier did, so I think that is why Desiree clings to that...

Well if Terri did not take him, someone unknown and therefore possibly even scarier did, so I think that is why Desiree clings to that...

Desiree was asked if Terri was a good mother (I think it was in the Dateline interview). You could see her pause and struggle a bit before answering something to the effect of 'well she can't take my place'. That wasn't the question, and IMO I think Desiree couldn't answer what she really felt ... that at least up to the point Kyron disappeared, she did believe Terri took good care of Kyron. I think deep down she believes that Terri wouldn't intentionally harm Kyron physically, even if she took him away for whatever reason. I agree that's why Desiree is clinging to that, and why she can't even entertain the thought that someone else may be responsible.

i find it difficult to believe terri managed to find another person, perhaps more than one other person, willing to help her abduct, harm, and/or cover up harming kyron. Harming a child is a different breed of criminal, imho.

amen.

I haven't quite put my theory all together yet, but I'm wondering if somehow DS's involvement has to do with her looking enough like TH to pass for her. Maybe she was the one who checked into the gym using TH's card? Maybe she was the one who went to the grocery store to get medicine for Baby K? With their hair up and a baseball cap on, these women may look enough alike to fool a camera, especially if the camera isn't of great quality. Anyway, see where I'm going with his? Not sure how it would have gone down, but it could be a way for TH to establish an alibi, while actually being somewhere else disappearing Kyron. They could have even switched phones, vehicles, who knows.

MOO - like I said I haven't completely thought this through. I have trouble organizing my theories, which is why I don't post often and mainly just read.

On this case I simply cant connect the dots. So much of it makes no sense to me. I sincerely hope LE clears it up and connects the dots.

I do believe that TH is somehow involved but involved in what and to what degree is where I get lost. I still think there is a good possibility that Kyron is alive.

Things that run through my mind that diverts my attention and befuddles me from having a concrete theory is why in the world would TH bring her accomplice with her to the school and just let that person sit out in the truck for anyone to see?:waitasec:

If Terri did "this" then her motive had to be revenge against Kaine whom she said was the reason her own son had to move out. I do know this has happened in other blended families before but of course the child did not disappear. But to this day I am not sure of what "this" is. Did she hand him off to someone else to take him else where or did she and DD kill Kyron. I simply dont have a clue what has happened to him.

And it seems that even LE cant place these two people together that day anywhere in the community. Imo, if they had that information already then they would not have released the fliers over two months later after Kyron's disappearance.

So if they werent seen but just at the school were they traveling out of state and back during the three-four hour time line? Wish I knew.

So I am just stumped this time and cant put it all together to make any sense of it.

IMO

I think Terri is innocent, but she is hiding other things from the police which are making her appear guilty. I don't believe she would harm Kyron who she has cared for since he was a baby, all information points to her being a loving parent. I believe her friends are hostile to Kaine for some reason, maybe they took terri's side in any marital dispute & they are supporting terri. There was no plans made with the friends or else they would have bought the bat phones to talk privately in advance of kyron's disappearance. I think terri has confided private details about her marriage to her friends, particularly Dede & they want to keep this information secret from police. Maybe they fear police will focus even more on terri if they learn of marital problems. The fact that it was a science fair at the school is no coincidence. There would have been posters advertising this around the area & I believe Kyron was abducted by a stranger, possible a paedophile. He took advantage of the fact that he could blend into a crowd of adult friends & family there for the fair.

Darn it my sink line was plugged and the plumber showed here at 10:50 so I missed the whole PC!

Anyway, I posted this over on the possibility of Kyron being alive thread, but I really think it should go here. This is my new theory on what might make sense of this whole mess. We can't figure out why her friends would help, etc.

I firmly believe now that TH was involved with Kyron's disappearance. But I'm still not sure she harmed him. So until there is evidence that she has, this idea came to me,
maybe someone else has put it out there already, if so forgive the repetition.

What if TH knew that divorce was imminent? After all, we certainly know that SHE wasn't happy in that marriage. What if her taking Kyron had nothing to do with wanting to hurt KH, but everything about her not wanting to give up Kyron.?
She raised him since he was 2 years old, she was more his mother than his stepmother, and instilled in him all her wants for a son considered as hers. And from what everyone is saying, from husband(s) to friends to family, she was a good mother. One source earlier on was saying how much she loved Kyron and how much Kyron loved her. (I think it was someone from the PTA or another classmate's mother. ) Would she try to make him "disappear" so that they could eventually reunite, relocated far away somewhere once the divorce was over. Canada perhaps? Is that possibly what DY is referring to as "stashed" him somewhere? I could see how and why a friend would help her do something like this waaaaaaay more than I could see how and why a friend would help her murder her 7 year old kid; especially if, true or not, TH was telling those friends tales about KH and their home life being miserable, etc. like she allegedly told the landscaper.

According to sources, Terri Horman had talked to the landscaper about being in a bad marriage and had claimed that Kaine had "hurt" her emotionally.

http://www.kgw.com/home/Hormanprobelatest-97771724.html

Just thinking that although this sounds a like a whacko plan, it actually makes it all make sense. It explains the MFHP. She wanted to keep Kyron, but not Kaine, in a divorce Kaine would have custody. It explains the abduction and hiding of Kyron. It explains her friends wanting to help. It explains DY saying she believes Kyron is "stashed". It explains why she wanted everyone to believe Kyron was abducted by the MMC.

What am I missing?

I haven't quite put my theory all together yet, but I'm wondering if somehow DS's involvement has to do with her looking enough like TH to pass for her. Maybe she was the one who checked into the gym using TH's card? Maybe she was the one who went to the grocery store to get medicine for Baby K? With their hair up and a baseball cap on, these women may look enough alike to fool a camera, especially if the camera isn't of great quality. Anyway, see where I'm going with his? Not sure how it would have gone down, but it could be a way for TH to establish an alibi, while actually being somewhere else disappearing Kyron. They could have even switched phones, vehicles, who knows.

MOO - like I said I haven't completely thought this through. I have trouble organizing my theories, which is why I don't post often and mainly just read.

I totally agree. I don't know what it all means either, but I know that it means something. If I was into betting, I would put money on the idea that DD acted as a "stand-in" in some way to help TH pull this off. I think it is pretty obvious that this is the way LE is leaning too. The physical similarities between the two women struck us all the minute DD came into the picture. The flier released yesterday, IMO, makes a point of showing both women in similar poses and possibly photos altered to show similar lighting. Both women have a similar length of time that they apparently cannot account for on 6/4.
These cannot all be coincidences.

This case is baffling, but it seems like there were quite a number of brewing issues for some time:
- Terri's post-partum depression
- Some issue that triggered Terri or Kaine (hard to tell who due to conflicting stories) to have Terri's son James move out of the house mid-school year
- Marital discord resulting in Terri looking for hit-man to kill Kaine
- What seems to be dramatic, manipulative behavior on Terri's part for people to feel sorry for her (girl friends) or lured in my her (landscaper, Mike Cook) - which reminds me a bit of the stories of the notorious school teachers who got students to murder their husbands
- Kaine's mentioning that Kiara has not asked for her mother and is a much different child now (although I've also wondered if this was said to trigger a reaction from Terri)
- Potential affair by Kaine (although tracing back it seems possibly a rumor)
- Terri's potential affair with Mike Cook or others (although I'm not convinced of that)
- Kyron breaking down crying, not wanting to return to Portland after visiting Desiree
- Terri so seemingly frightened of getting in the judicial system that she's hired a top-notch criminal attorney, had her baby taken from her, kicked out of her home, and moved away. If she was innocent, would she let this happen? Wouldn't she be bargaining for immunity for information that she could share that could also possibly help Kyron be found?

The thing that surprises me most is that we (me included) look upon this situation from our own perspectives of what is "reasonable" behavior, but for something to have happened to Kyron - it was not done by someone in a "reasonable" state of mind.

But all that said, I have no clue why if Terri was guilty she would be driving around in what appears to be a circle (to the two FM stores, exercise place (which isn't in the LE's timeline today) and then out by Suavie island. And, why would there be searches in the dense foresty areas - especially if there's "no reason to question that Kyron is alive".

I'm stumped - and thinking that there is a LOT more backstory we don't know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheGingerSnoop