Poll: Did Darlie Routier murder her children?

Did Darlie do it?

• Yes ~ she is on Death Row where she belongs

Votes: 234 57.2%
  • No ~ there was an intruder

Votes: 59 14.4%
  • Don't know

Votes: 116 28.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ladygator said:
I think Darlie is 100% guilty. Why she did it - we may never know.

On top of all the evidence that has been debated, on and off, between the pro and anti Darlie followers, one of the biggest pieces of evidence that tells me that she did do it, is the lack of evidence.

Darlie has led people to believe that she put up this struggle with a mythical intruder. She has bruises all over her body. Defensive slices to her hands. And multiple slashes on her upper body.

It gives you the impression that she put up one heck of a fight with someone.

That mythical intruder, the one who stabbed not one, but two of her boys, numerous times. The one, who should have had a good amount of blood all over his knife weilding hand. He comes from above her as she sleeps. He's trying to pin her down. She is fighting and trying to push him off of her. There's slapping, pushing, slicing, kicking, punching, hair is getting yanked,etc. (Never any yelling for Darin at this point)

And through out this whole ordeal, he never lost his balance, his bloody hand (even gloved) never touched the couch or anything else around the struggle scene.

Then, we are to believe that something all of the sudden, what? Scared him away? He had already killed 2 children. From the looks of Darlie, seems that he had the upper hand to just plunge that knife a couple of times into her gut and she'd be dead.

The lack of evidence is the evidence, for me.

The only thing I'm undecided on with this case is what, if anything, Darin had to do with it.

All, JMHO

AMEN darlin!

Jodee said:
One thing bothers be about this case. If Darlie was leaning over the kitchen sink cutting her throat, why was her necklace embedded in her throat? Seems to me if she were leaning the necklace would come away from her throat.

Does anyone know if the necklace was brought more into evidence at the trial, such as if Darlie normally left it on while sleeping and if the necklace was embedded in her neck in a way to suggest what position she was in when the throat was cut? Darlie had taken off all of her rings so I wonder why she didn't also take off her necklace when laying down. I suppose she would say she did that to wash dishes.

Goody said:
Could not agree more. Darlie should have had multiple stabs, slices, pricks, etc on her forearms and hands, a couple thru her hands even, if she had been trying to fend off a knife wielding assailant. That doesn't even take into account the probability of how many times the assailant would have missed his target and hit other parts of her body as she twisted and struggled. She doesn't even have a bruise to her face or any small cuts.
I agree so much. And when the mythical intruder missed, what else do you think he would have stabbed? At the very least, the couch!! When I put myself into this struggle scenerio, things just don't add up. Some evidence of an intruder should have been present. :bang: And this is going by Darlie, herself. Not a crime lab or anyone on the Pros side. Darlie herself!!!!!! She is the evidence. She did a horrible job on setting herself up to be a victim.

Goody said:
aaaahahahahahahahha! O, Dani, please, you can't qualify the knife. Any kind of knife was inappropriate, and it shows how insensitive Darin was to the situation much more so than Darlie. He is, after all, the one who put the knife there as a gift to his son. Amazing that he didn't make the connection but he didn't and now lives with the constant criticism of it.
OMG, this is something that I didn't know. That is sick. To seal your children in a coffin with a knife, the same kind of instrument that killed them!!!!!!!!!!:sick:

That is very, morbid!!!!!

ladygator said:
I agree so much. And when the mythical intruder missed, what else do you think he would have stabbed? At the very least, the couch!! When I put myself into this struggle scenerio, things just don't add up. Some evidence of an intruder should have been present. :bang: And this is going by Darlie, herself. Not a crime lab or anyone on the Pros side. Darlie herself!!!!!! She is the evidence. She did a horrible job on setting herself up to be a victim.
Let's face it, it would be too painful to set oneself up as a typical victim. Too many knife wounds needed to pull it off.

ladygator said:
OMG, this is something that I didn't know. That is sick. To seal your children in a coffin with a knife, the same kind of instrument that killed them!!!!!!!!!!:sick:

Just shows how disconnected he was to what was going on around him, most pointedly the horrid suffering of his children.

txsvicki said:
Does anyone know if the necklace was brought more into evidence at the trial, such as if Darlie normally left it on while sleeping and if the necklace was embedded in her neck in a way to suggest what position she was in when the throat was cut? Darlie had taken off all of her rings so I wonder why she didn't also take off her necklace when laying down. I suppose she would say she did that to wash dishes.
I normally take off all my rings, bracelets and watch, and leave on my necklace and earrings. My rings drive me bonkers if I wear then when trying to sleep.

ladygator said:

The knife in the coffin decision reminds me of a book I've read about the nature of human evil.

One of the case studies in this book was about this family - mother father, two teenaged sons. The oldest son committed suicide with a gun. The younger one started acting out and getting in trouble and was eventually seen by a psychiatrist for depression. In their first meeting, the psychiatrist was trying to get to know the remaining son and one of the questions he asked the son was, "So what did you get for Christmas this year?" The son said, "I wanted a tennis racket, but my parents gave me a gun." The psychiatrist was aghast, but it was worse than that. The Christmas following his brother's suicide, the parents of this child gave him the EXACT gun that his older brother had used to kill himself.

When the psychiatrist confronted the parents about this in a separate session, they were nonplussed. "We're just, simple working people," they said, "That was an expensive gun and we thought someone should have it...":banghead:

southcitymom said:
The knife in the coffin decision reminds me of a book I've read about the nature of human evil.

One of the case studies in this book was about this family - mother father, two teenaged sons. The oldest son committed suicide with a gun. The younger one started acting out and getting in trouble and was eventually seen by a psychiatrist for depression. In their first meeting, the psychiatrist was trying to get to know the remaining son and one of the questions he asked the son was, "So what did you get for Christmas this year?" The son said, "I wanted a tennis racket, but my parents gave me a gun." The psychiatrist was aghast, but it was worse than that. The Christmas following his brother's suicide, the parents of this child gave him the EXACT gun that his older brother had used to kill himself.

When the psychiatrist confronted the parents about this in a separate session, they were nonplussed. "We're just, simple working people," they said, "That was an expensive gun and we thought someone should have it...":banghead:

OMG shaking my head in amazement...how callous.

Casshew said:
This case is fascinating and I am glad there is a new forum on it.

I think she did it... what about you? Looking forward to great discussion.

Hi Cass! :)

After reviewing the case and watching American Justice, I truly believe Darlie killed her sons.

LTNS! Great to see you!

ladygator said:
I think Darlie is 100% guilty. Why she did it - we may never know.

On top of all the evidence that has been debated, on and off, between the pro and anti Darlie followers, one of the biggest pieces of evidence that tells me that she did do it, is the lack of evidence.

Darlie has led people to believe that she put up this struggle with a mythical intruder. She has bruises all over her body. Defensive slices to her hands. And multiple slashes on her upper body.

It gives you the impression that she put up one heck of a fight with someone.

That mythical intruder, the one who stabbed not one, but two of her boys, numerous times. The one, who should have had a good amount of blood all over his knife weilding hand. He comes from above her as she sleeps. He's trying to pin her down. She is fighting and trying to push him off of her. There's slapping, pushing, slicing, kicking, punching, hair is getting yanked,etc. (Never any yelling for Darin at this point)

And through out this whole ordeal, he never lost his balance, his bloody hand (even gloved) never touched the couch or anything else around the struggle scene.

Then, we are to believe that something all of the sudden, what? Scared him away? He had already killed 2 children. From the looks of Darlie, seems that he had the upper hand to just plunge that knife a couple of times into her gut and she'd be dead.

The lack of evidence is the evidence, for me.

The only thing I'm undecided on with this case is what, if anything, Darin had to do with it.

All, JMHO
Right there is no evidence of an intruder, but there's also tons of evidence proving she is the killer.
I think the only time Darlie says she was fighting with an intruder is in her hypnosis story. Every other time she says Damon woke her up by touching her shoulder and saying "Mommy", that she looked up to see a man who in different stories is in different places in the room and my favorite description is a "blur of a man". I love it. Once she sees the man, she stands up, follows him through the kitchen, stops, turns her back on a strange man with a knife, hits the light, walks to the UR doorway, then back to pick up the knife. Then to the entryway to scream "Devon, Devon, Devon,"...sometimes Damon has actually gotten up and followed her. Yeah right.
So in all of those stories, the intruder is running from her or walking quickly, whatever he was doing. She did not scream for Darin. She did not grab Damon. She followed a strange man through the kitchen and turned her back to him. I am pretty sure the only thing true in her stories is that Damon and Devon were asleep on the floor.
The Darin angle is very complicated, but as far as the time line, I feel there is no way he was upstairs when Damon was attacked the 2nd time and during all the other stuff Darlie was doing. How much did he do? I'm not sure, but he did some of it. IMO

Jeana (DP) said:
:D Thanks ya'll. I think its the "cookie jar syndrome." Don't get caught with your hands near the "deed."
don't poop where ya eat!

cami said:
Maybe she pushed it into the wound when she was holding the towel against her neck to stop the blood.
Chris has a picture in MTJD of the necklace and it seems to have 2 nicks in it.

southcitymom said:

It's called selling it people

txsvicki said:
She had her jewelry out on the counter because she was trying to sell it.

beesy said:

So in all of those stories, the intruder is running from her or walking quickly, whatever he was doing. She did not scream for Darin. She did not grab Damon. She followed a strange man through the kitchen and turned her back to him. I am pretty sure the only thing true in her stories is that Damon and Devon were asleep on the floor. The Darin angle is very complicated, but as far as the time line, I feel there is no way he was upstairs when Damon was attacked the 2nd time and during all the other stuff Darlie was doing. How much did he do? I'm not sure, but he did some of it. IMO
Exactly!:)

I thought the whole explanation of her "following the man" was very shady. I mean if my son grabbed at me and was crying in the middle of the night AND I seen a man, I would be screaming!!!!!:eek:

More on the crack head theory, though Jeana covered it nicely. Someone amped up on crack would most like not have stopped an attack on Darlie. They would have kept going on the adrenaline rush of that crack fed emotion. This crime scene was too controlled. There were some defense wounds on Devon, but it definitely looks like whoever did this went for, what she thought would be a quick direct kill. I never could hold on to the two intruder theory anyway because it didn't make sense for two people to come in, not take anything, kill two children, leave the adult, leave a weapon with incriminating prints, and leave no trace of their presence.

beesy said:
She had her jewelry out on the counter because she was trying to sell it.

I wonder how she managed to sleep with all those earrings in her ears!!! I can't even sleep with a pair of studs in.

cami said:
I wonder how she managed to sleep with all those earrings in her ears!!! I can't even sleep with a pair of studs in.
From pain, comes beauty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member