Poll: Did Darlie Routier murder her children?

Did Darlie do it?

• Yes ~ she is on Death Row where she belongs

Votes: 234 57.2%
  • No ~ there was an intruder

Votes: 59 14.4%
  • Don't know

Votes: 116 28.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be interested to know how an intruder could bruise the *insides* of Darlie's arms in that way. To get those bruises there, she'd have to have offered him her arms, extended, and palms up.

Crow_Ascending said:
I'd be interested to know how an intruder could bruise the *insides* of Darlie's arms in that way. To get those bruises there, she'd have to have offered him her arms, extended, and palms up.

If I was fighting off an evil intruder who brutally stabbed my children, I would hold my arms like that. Makes sense to me. :waitasec: :snooty:

I don't think that makes sense. How can you fight with your arms extended, elbows locked and palms up while lying on a sofa?

Dena said:
If I was fighting off an evil intruder who brutally stabbed my children, I would hold my arms like that. Makes sense to me. :waitasec: :snooty:
If you were fighting off an evil intruder who brutally stabbed your children and you held your arms like that, you would have knife cuts and stabs (not just one). Instead of bruises, you would have slashes. Why would an intruder switch from the effective strategy of stabbing with a knife to the ineffective strategy of hitting her enough to leave that amount/degree of bruising? Seems like a waste of time to me when he could have easily overpowered her and stabbed her instead. For that matter, why did this intruder switch his strategy from stabbing in areas of internal organs to (evidently) wasting time striking at her arms so he could then slash her throat? "He" was obviously in the mode of stabbing areas where imminent death would occur. Yet we are to believe he struck her enough to leave bruising and then slashed her throat in a manner that could be controlled by applying pressure with a cloth. Makes NO sense to me.

Sorry, my little guys :waitasec: :snooty: didn't convey my sarcasm.

:banghead:

OH! Sorry, I did miss the sarcasm but I have heard some people make that argument with sincerity. Just wondering-can anyone figure out how she could have gotten bruises following her scenario? I never understood why that was thrown in as part of her "attack injuries". Unless it was supposed to have occured while she was "frightening". Definitely not well thought out

I am brand new to this forum and have been trying to read up on this crime. I saw an old documentary on the television last week about Darlie and stumbled across ws in an effort to get more info.

I couldn't find any recent (2007) info on Darlie's husband and surviving son. Are they still supporting her and visiting her? Anyone got any info they can share?

Thanks so much!
Kathleen

Kelleyclan said:
I am brand new to this forum and have been trying to read up on this crime. I saw an old documentary on the television last week about Darlie and stumbled across ws in an effort to get more info.

I couldn't find any recent (2007) info on Darlie's husband and surviving son. Are they still supporting her and visiting her? Anyone got any info they can share?

Thanks so much!
Kathleen
They are still married, Darin and Drake are living in Lubbock and visit Darlie when they can. Being in Gatesville she gets one visit a week and her mom and some girlfriends also visit. Phone calls are basically not available from death row unless you can call a 5 minute once a month a phone call.

enigma said:
They are still married, Darin and Drake are living in Lubbock and visit Darlie when they can. Being in Gatesville she gets one visit a week and her mom and some girlfriends also visit. Phone calls are basically not available from death row unless you can call a 5 minute once a month a phone call.

LOL well she is in prison...she's lucky she gets a five-minute phone call. Her victims don't.

Crow_Ascending said:
According to the June 2006 interview with Darlie's mother, Mrs. Kee, Darlie calls home once a day. Darin has not visited since December 2005. http://www.wcnc.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/localnews/columnists/jragland/stories/DN-ragland_06met.ART.North.Edition1.1353b55d.html
at this time Darlie was in Dallas for her hearing. In Dallas she can use the phone as much as she wants and can have 5 visits a week. Not the same as when she is in Gatesville. Darin visits and Drake visits when school is not in session.

I find it sooooo weird that these two pretend to still be together. If nothing else tells ya that these two have dirt on each other, then nothing will.

enigma said:
Ok, this is really desperate sounding...........sorry, just very very weird..........

dasgal said:
Ok, this is really desperate sounding...........sorry, just very very weird..........
I answered the question that was asked, now, are they still in a relationship? This I can't answer because I don't know them on a personal basis. However if anyone has any info on whether Darin has a girl let us know cuz I can't find out on that issue. If so it has been kept very quiet.

dasgal said:

Yeah she or whomever has her marital status listed as "single" on her myspace account.

Rachael said:
I think she did it. I don't see why anyone else would have motive to kill her kids. I read a book about it a few years back.

:doh: Perhaps reading Diane Fanning's book on Tommy Lynn Sells (THROUGH THE WINDOW, 2003) might give you a different perspective; it certainly did for me. Especially when I noted in Ch. 17, and then 19, that an innocent mother was imprisoned for a crime that TLS admitted to and knew information about. Serial killers don't need a motive; they just kill! Lots of folks have wondered if TLS killed Darlie's children, but he was in prison at that time.

:croc: :croc:
SadieMae said:
They sure do Dena...until the facts and common sense are looked at. From the first news reports I always knew she did it. The crime "on it's face" doesn't make sense. Even if the "intruder" was a nut case, there would have been yelling, screaming, shouting, etc. from the intruder in a psychotic state, meaning enough noise to wake Darren. JMO

And welcome to WS Dena! :D
"From the first news reports . . ." I always knew she did NOT do it! Didn't make sense, you are correct about that aspect ~ but I have questions about the rest of your comment, b/c serial killers usually are very quiet, even if on drugs and/or a "nut" case ... that's how they become "serial" killers ~ they learned early on how to get away with it. Listen to some of the interviews done by Dr. Michael Stone on Discovery Channel with serial killers ~ or the recent interview by 20/20 on the Rea-Harper case, when Tommy Lynn Sells talked about his methods. He left adults alive while he went in and killed just selected youngsters and never woke anyone up ~ not once, but repeatedly, for approximately 20 years!

Dean said:
"From the first news reports . . ." I always knew she did NOT do it! Didn't make sense, you are correct about that aspect ~ but I have questions about the rest of your comment, b/c serial killers usually are very quiet, even if on drugs and/or a "nut" case ... that's how they become "serial" killers ~ they learned early on how to get away with it. Listen to some of the interviews done by Dr. Michael Stone on Discovery Channel with serial killers ~ or the recent interview by 20/20 on the Rea-Harper case, when Tommy Lynn Sells talked about his methods. He left adults alive while he went in and killed just selected youngsters and never woke anyone up ~ not once, but repeatedly, for approximately 20 years!

But how do you explain that there is no evidence in the Routier house that suggests any intruder was there coming in from the outside? With that amount of blood and none -not one drop -found going out of the house or around or near the house (outside of the sock) and it is doubtful in these other cases you are talking about with TLS that the parent was in the same room just inches from the children when the killings took place. It just doesn't add up.

Dean said:
Tommy Lynn Sells talked about his methods. He left adults alive while he went in and killed just selected youngsters and never woke anyone up ~ not once, but repeatedly, for approximately 20 years!

Tommy Lynn Sells' murders were sexually motivated. He killed adults as well as children, often because they were witnesses.

enigma said:
at this time Darlie was in Dallas for her hearing. In Dallas she can use the phone as much as she wants and can have 5 visits a week. Not the same as when she is in Gatesville. Darin visits and Drake visits when school is not in session.

That may be true, Enigma, but it makes you wonder why Darin hasn't visited Darlie since December, 2005.

I doubt that it's due to distance, because Gatesville is only about 17 miles further from Lubbock than Dallas is (unless my calculations are incorrect). Darin's failure to visit Darlie for so long is a little...uhhhh....hinky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value