Poll:Why Do You Think Cindy Is Protecting Casey???

What are Cindy's reasons for protecting Casey like she does?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think that the only guilt that Cindy feels is that she could not protect Caylee. I think that since Cindy feels like she is in control of everyone and everything her guilt is that much worse.

I think that she was in denial because Casey showed Cindy how very little control she has over the situation. I voted that Cindy wants KC out in twenty five years to get control back. I don't think that Cindy will ever forgive KC and if KC is released Cindy will hold it over her head until her last dying breath.

George and Cindy will end their marriage, Lee will move on and have his own family, and the only one left will be KC. It will be one H3LL of a dysfunctional relationship it that happens

I'm picturing the character in The Color Purple who was played by Oprah - the really feisty lady who comes out of prison all broken, physically and mentally, and instead of finally being free has to work as a maid to the crazy white lady. Except this time you won't feel sorry for them.

I know my thoughts about Cindy are not popular but I'll say it again.

If Cindy didn't parent the way she did, she wouldn't have created a monster that would kill her Grandchild (which she disgustingly thought of as her own baby and NOT grandbaby)... that Cindy is also very responsible for the death of Caylee IMO because she put certain things in motions and KC acted by killing what's closest to Cindy. If Cindy kept her mouth shut, didn't enable that girl and let her fall flat on her *advertiser censored*, she would now have custody of Caylee because KC was already headed to jail for theft etc. But she's the one that gave KC the final push...

YES EVERYONE KC is very accountable for her actions and I wish the DP was on the table, she's a grown up.

She's also a byproduct of her environment and if Cindy was a different mother towards KC - I guarantee that child would still be alive!

Well, I agree (and agree that Cindy wasn't the only parent enabling Casey.) Those who argue that you're blaming Cindy for Casey's actions are simply turning the discussion away from the main point, which is that Cindy and George created a spoiled brat who never knew the meaning of the word consequences and still doesn't. I don't think Cindy is capable of stopping the enabling and she's hostile to those who try to get her to stop.

I thought George tried when he talked to police and the grand jury. After seeing the jail tapes, I'm not sure. Perhaps he tries half heartedly until Cindy convinces him otherwise. Perhaps he veers back and forth.

I can't vote because I have no idea.

Although (this is why I post anonymously!) I had some serious problems as a child. I begged my parents to take me to a counselor and my mom was too concerned about what people would think. In her defense, she thought I was going through a moody stage and now she says she was afraid of "false memory syndrome" and that I'd accuse someone of abuse - again, what would people think. Having a crazy daughter is OK, just so you stay off to the side somewhere and don't embarrass the family. But, having a daughter who has to seek help for being crazy? People might say she's a bad mother!
Kind of like having a lying and stealing daughter is OK but having a daughter in jail? Horrible! What will people say? And, yeah, if I'd gone to counseling as a child I would have figured out a lot of things, a whole lot sooner about my upbringing.

When the preacher's daughter got pregnant, my mom's concern was not for the girl, not for the baby, but "How can the preacher and his wife hold up their heads?" Easily, they didn't do anything wrong and did a lot of things right, like supporting (not enabling) their child and loving their grandchild.

I see a lot of my mom in Cindy and am just so incredibly glad that I didn't get pregnant as a teenager.

So, I guess the main answer is that Cindy is concerned about what people will think. Cindy didn't "forgive" her for getting pregnant, stealing, or being an unfit mother - I don't think Cindy has forgiven her for murdering Caylee. I think she wants KC out of jail so that CA can make her life miserable every day, but CA also wants "people" to think that someone else did it.

I don't believe the family comes from a place of strong moral fiber to begin with........add to that they all seem "dull" and there you have it. They've been faking being part of mainstream society for a long time and now that the light shines on them they're exposed like roaches. I believe that's why everyone's having such trouble coming to terms with their position - keep looking for the logical and moral response similar to the response most reasonable people would have. Ain't gonna happen.

I marked guilt, however I do not think she would agree. I don't believe she sees anything she has done as ever being wrong.

I have to agree with Seebra that Cindy still sees Casey as her baby girl. As Cindy said right soon after July 15, "I am afraid I'll lose both my girls."

I don't think Cindy believes Casey is innocent. I don't think Cindy is in denial. I do think Cindy feels guilty and responsible for her role in what happened to Caylee.

I think somehow Cindy thinks by saving Casey, she can salvage something.

JMO

I can't vote because I have no idea.

Although (this is why I post anonymously!) I had some serious problems as a child. I begged my parents to take me to a counselor and my mom was too concerned about what people would think. In her defense, she thought I was going through a moody stage and now she says she was afraid of "false memory syndrome" and that I'd accuse someone of abuse - again, what would people think. Having a crazy daughter is OK, just so you stay off to the side somewhere and don't embarrass the family. But, having a daughter who has to seek help for being crazy? People might say she's a bad mother!
Kind of like having a lying and stealing daughter is OK but having a daughter in jail? Horrible! What will people say? And, yeah, if I'd gone to counseling as a child I would have figured out a lot of things, a whole lot sooner about my upbringing.

When the preacher's daughter got pregnant, my mom's concern was not for the girl, not for the baby, but "How can the preacher and his wife hold up their heads?" Easily, they didn't do anything wrong and did a lot of things right, like supporting (not enabling) their child and loving their grandchild.

I see a lot of my mom in Cindy and am just so incredibly glad that I didn't get pregnant as a teenager.

So, I guess the main answer is that Cindy is concerned about what people will think. Cindy didn't "forgive" her for getting pregnant, stealing, or being an unfit mother - I don't think Cindy has forgiven her for murdering Caylee. I think she wants KC out of jail so that CA can make her life miserable every day, but CA also wants "people" to think that someone else did it.

My thoughts exactly. I keep thinking about the 2 girls ( I think AD was one of them )that KC confided in when she said she needed help , and then later on KC said she talked with her mom and everything was okay. I just wonder if CA feels some guilt about not getting her help and now is blaming herself for everything.

I think Cindy Anthony's support is two fold:

(1) Cindy refuses to think about Casey's potential for sheer cruelty and assumes Caylee's murder was either an accident, or Casey "must have" been "on drugs or something", or was "mentally ill" or "mentally snapped" or something anything other than that Casey murdered Caylee in cold blood or via a pre-plan.

(2) Cindy hates local law enforcement and prosecutors and she wants them to "lose". She thinks they are a bunch of hicks that are beneath her klassy Ohio family and she only moved to live with the hicks b/c they needed cheaper housing. I think we've seen her look down on folks in a number of ways. Plus, in one of her interviews she flat out told LE that she wasn't going to "start afresh" with LE and that, based on some incident (she didn't like how one officer spoke with her once), LE "blew it." Now, LE is an identifiable enemy - something that Cindy can pour her energy into fighting. She's definitely energetic, determined, a worker and a fighter, as opposed to her slacker husband, son and daughter. This is what she does.

I don't believe the family comes from a place of strong moral fiber to begin with........add to that they all seem "dull" and there you have it. They've been faking being part of mainstream society for a long time and now that the light shines on them they're exposed like roaches. I believe that's why everyone's having such trouble coming to terms with their position - keep looking for the logical and moral response similar to the response most reasonable people would have. Ain't gonna happen.

:Welcome-12-june: to WS! Great post. I agree, aint ever gonna happen

BTW

Your hat (WS name) gave me a chuckle and your siggy line is one of my favorite quotes.

I couldn't vote.

For Cindy, I think it's more about "winning" the trial so she can give the public the middle finger and say "see, I told you she would never hurt Caylee and that science is only science, nothing is 100%"

She is a narcisist. She views everything from HER perspective. As she sees it, Caylee is gone and isn't coming back, nothing can change that so why make KC spend the rest of her life in prison. What is that going to help?

I'm conflicted because I think CA truly adored Caylee but again from a narcissistic viewpoint and I also think she feels that she's gone now and there's nothing to be gained for carrying on about it. To her it's over and done with and she just wants KC to win the trial and then things can go back to "normal".

I honestly feel that CA doesn't feel that KC killing Caylee ( I do think she thinks it was some sort of accident) is the horrific event that most of the normal public does.

I almost get the feeling that she thinks, okay, KC killed her by accident, overdose or drowning or something, so it's not really her fault and she shouldn't be held responsible, yes Caylee is gone and she's sad but I don't think she views it as a catastrophic event that most grandmothers would if their daughter was responsible for their grandaughters death.

It's like she is desensitized and this goes hand in hand with narcissism.

-First I feel CA carries a lot of guilt -yet- now I feel CA has KC were she wants her, in jail for killing her Caylee, as long as KC keeps quiet about family issues. CA thinks she still is controlling KC's life, and CA is finally free now to pursue her own interest without KC's antics.

Secondly, I feel KC is far from over punishing her parents for putting Caylee first in their lives, especially CA. The only reason I think that the defense is keeping things so close to the vest is because they intend to disclose personal family issues at trial and throw the parents under the bus. Since hiring a reconstructive attorney, I wonder if Caylee did indeed get hurt during a family fight on the 15th, but that KC took Caylee and ran, thereby CA didn't know how badly she got hurt, and KC allowed her to die from injuries=
or KC intends to use the fight to claim she blacked out from CA choking her and she woke up to find Caylee in her trunk, after CA threw her and Caylee out-
CA may claim she lied about a ZFG to protect her mom, however, since CA has potenial to make a lot of money now, KC will not allow that-KC has made it perfectly clear- she is not taking the blame for anything- CA is well aware of this and is trying to do damage control- it has and will continue to be a battle of wills between them.

WOW.... You are definently onto something with this, never thought of it that way. I did toy with the idea that she would blame George though.

I don't think that Cindy is actually supporting KC for KC. I think she is doing it for herself. Not necessarily denial, but I think Cindy has her own ideas about what is accepted in her family as she envisiuns it, and in her society. If Cindy acknowledges KC's guilt, Cindy must then acknowledge her own shortcomings. And Cindy then would be accepting KC's guiltiness, her stigma, as her own. What a horrible thing it must be for Cindy to accept that her only daughter killed her only grandchild.

From what I have seen and heard from Cindy, I think her actions have more to do with hate than love. Cindy seems to detest LE, the searchers, the media and the public for butting into her business. She wants to 'handle' this herself and feels it is no one else's business what her family does.

The Anthony family seems to have had their own little 'kingdom' for years and Cindy was absolute ruler. Now the kingdom is being invaded. Her reaction is to 'come out swinging.' Whether she has any regard for KC or not, she would react the same. In her mind, it has always been, 'it is us against the world: when do we attack.' No matter how this case turns out. her way of thinking will remain unchanged. :cow:

The proper answer is enabler. CA, GA, LA are all "enablers" But I chose doesnt want to see her spend her life in jail because thats true too.

I think Cindy Anthony's support is two fold:

(1) Cindy refuses to think about Casey's potential for sheer cruelty and assumes Caylee's murder was either an accident, or Casey "must have" been "on drugs or something", or was "mentally ill" or "mentally snapped" or something anything other than that Casey murdered Caylee in cold blood or via a pre-plan.

(2) Cindy hates local law enforcement and prosecutors and she wants them to "lose". She thinks they are a bunch of hicks that are beneath her klassy Ohio family and she only moved to live with the hicks b/c they needed cheaper housing. I think we've seen her look down on folks in a number of ways. Plus, in one of her interviews she flat out told LE that she wasn't going to "start afresh" with LE and that, based on some incident (she didn't like how one officer spoke with her once), LE "blew it." Now, LE is an identifiable enemy - something that Cindy can pour her energy into fighting. She's definitely energetic, determined, a worker and a fighter, as opposed to her slacker husband, son and daughter. This is what she does.

Wow, very insightful comments on Cindy, NJ Lawyer. She has a kind of single minded vindictiveness, doesn't she? Cross her once and you're history. Look at JG.

I know my thoughts about Cindy are not popular but I'll say it again.

If Cindy didn't parent the way she did, she wouldn't have created a monster that would kill her Grandchild (which she disgustingly thought of as her own baby and NOT grandbaby)... that Cindy is also very responsible for the death of Caylee IMO because she put certain things in motions and KC acted by killing what's closest to Cindy. If Cindy kept her mouth shut, didn't enable that girl and let her fall flat on her *advertiser censored*, she would now have custody of Caylee because KC was already headed to jail for theft etc. But she's the one that gave KC the final push...

Denial, denial, she can't keep her mouth shut, she is hostile,confrontational and toxic.

I thought George tried when he talked to police and the grand jury. After seeing the jail tapes, I'm not sure. Perhaps he tries half heartedly until Cindy convinces him otherwise. Perhaps he veers back and forth.

Mainly he is trying to make this into a paying gig.

I voted denial, but denial is only for the public, imo she does know what Casey did but will move heaven and earth to try and convince the rest of us she is innocent.
Cindy is not alone in putting so much importance on what other people may think, I know many and I think other people here do also.
Caylee is gone, nothing Cindy can do after the fact is going to bring her back. If Cindy had known she was in such danger I do believe she would have done anything in her power to save her and if she had really believed Caylee had been kidnapped, well then imo she would have tore Casey up to get every bit of truth out of her when she was back in the house, she did not do that, she knew it was to late and then her focus was on appearance and looking around to point the finger at someone else.
Cindy is looking at the possibility her daughter will be locked up for the rest of her life, how many mothers want that for their child? If by some miracle they can help Casey weasel out of this, then there's the chance Casey could have another baby to replace Caylee and Cindy could have yet another chance.
Cindy is never going to admit to us that her daughter is a monster, yet in private I bet she curses her every single day.

VB

My only disagreement on your post is George is Casey's parent, too. IMO, they both bear responsibility for how Casey turned out, not just Cindy.
Lanie
While I think that KC is responsible for her own actions as she is a grown adult, I believe that both CA and GA were responsible for raising KC, and the fathers role is very very important in the child's raising - just as important as the mother's. I have to be honest here, while I have expressed sympathy for the A's over the loss of their granddaughter, their actions toward KC since Caylee's death really make me sick. I would have thought after some time of grieving we would have seen some change, but I see now that they are behind KC all the way. I'm through feeling sorry for them. They are protecting her because that is their dysfunctional parenting style and they evidently think that it makes them better people to do so... it's sickening. They need to stand up for their grandbaby and say that their daughter did a horrible and terrible thing to her and that KC needs to pay the full consequences for what she did. But that will never happen.

I voted denial, but denial is only for the public, imo she does know what Casey did but will move heaven and earth to try and convince the rest of us she is innocent.
Cindy is not alone in putting so much importance on what other people may think, I know many and I think other people here do also.
Caylee is gone, nothing Cindy can do after the fact is going to bring her back. If Cindy had known she was in such danger I do believe she would have done anything in her power to save her and if she had really believed Caylee had been kidnapped, well then imo she would have tore Casey up to get every bit of truth out of her when she was back in the house, she did not do that, she knew it was to late and then her focus was on appearance and looking around to point the finger at someone else.
Cindy is looking at the possibility her daughter will be locked up for the rest of her life, how many mothers want that for their child? If by some miracle they can help Casey weasel out of this, then there's the chance Casey could have another baby to replace Caylee and Cindy could have yet another chance. Cindy is never going to admit to us that her daughter is a monster, yet in private I bet she curses her every single day.

VB

Bolded by me... Vegas - that is a very very scary thought.

And I really think Cindy thinks Caylee was hers to keep and a replacement would probably 'heal' her. :shocked2:

added: God help the woman who marries Lee. Maybe he'll decide never to have kids. And in this family, I think breaking the DNA chain is a good thing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back