Found Deceased Portugal - Alex Tyk, 31, American, missing in Lisbon, 27 June 2019

Alex Tyk, 31, has been missing since Thursday and was last seen near the nightclub Urban Beach in the district of Santos, in Lisbon . It is unknown for now whether Alex Tyk may be the young man whose body was seen falling into the Tagus River on Thursday night and whose identity is not known.

Alex Tyk would be in a rally tascas (a genre of screenplay by several bars) and was at the Urban Beach disco until 3:30 in the morning . The young man had been staying since Monday, June 24, at a hotel in the Santos area - the luggage that he carried with him was still in the hotel . Before going to the rally tascas, Alex would have been with an Aussie couple in the hotel pool.

Alex Tyk is from Glenview, a small town in Cook County, Illinois , but lived in Denver, the state capital of Colorado.

The alert for a body to float in the river Tagus was given by a witness who was in the place and that, at about 5:00 am on Thursday, "he says he saw a young man, in his 20s, in the water , upstream from the Urban Beach nightclub, "the same source said. It is not known by now whether the young man would have been in some disco in that area. In a video that the Observer had access to, shot from inside the Urban Beach, you can see several emergency lights of vehicles parked next to Lust in Rio, another nightclub in the same area.

65553882_837439009944920_2875434184665464832_n_770x433_acf_cropped.jpg

Família procura jovem norte-americano desaparecido em Lisboa. Alex Tyk foi visto pela última vez junto à discoteca Urban Beach

Weird. That seems like kind of a strange place to go into a "river", which in Lisbon is more like a huge bay/estuary.

Lisbon was a pretty safe city when I was there ~15 years ago, and my understanding is it's even safer now, but it is super confusing and extremely easy to get lost, especially if you're wasted. Hopefully that's all that's happened in this case.

Alex's friends and family continue to search for him in Lisbon and the surrounding areas. They are working with the authorities. I am friends with his family, so I am privy to some information and communication from his friends and family. According to communication from one of Alex's friends (may be some English/Portuguese translation issues with this, not sure):

"Alex was seen inside Urban Beach Club around 3:35am talking with an older lady with suspicious behavior (age about 40-50). Shortly after Alex went also outside the club, the lady followed him. They disputed about how to get to his hostel with attempts of Alex wanting to get away. The lady went again inside the club not sure if she talked a short moment about him with a security guy. In general the behavior of the lady seemed pretty strange. He then walked away alone, in the direction of the city, along the coastline. He walked very determined but drunk. The time he walked away was about 3:45am."

I'm sharing this on Websleuths because I know it is an awesome, smart, curious, capable community of problem-solvers, and I am really hoping you guys can offer any insight/suggestions/assistance. I do not have a direct line of communication with the searchers, nor with the authorities, so please understand that I won't be able to ask or answer a lot of questions, but I just can offer the information I already have.

Welcome to WS @EmilyVoorhees ! Thank you for sharing.

We need to source our statements here on WS, so could you please provide a link to the statements in your last two posts? Thank you! Approved sources are msm and official statements made by police. Without sources your posts might be removed by the moderators.

Again welcome!:)

Welcome to WS @EmilyVoorhees ! Thank you for sharing.

We need to source our statements here on WS, so could you please provide a link to the statements in your last two posts? Thank you! Approved sources are msm and official statements made by police. Without sources your posts might be removed by the moderators.

Again welcome!:)
Oh shoot, thanks for letting me know, Elainera! The quote itself can be found on a Reddit page (which I recently learned can't be used as a legit source) but it was also texted directly to me by Alex's cousin. As far as the family confirming that body was not Alex's, that was also sent directly to me from Alex's cousin. I was choosing not to mention names for their privacy- but I totally understand if that info can't be used because it is second-hand. Darn, not sure how else to get the info out. Any ideas?

You have the option of becoming a Verified Insider here on WS. That way you don't have to provide sources. Click on the below link and follow the instructions

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters
I'm going to chat with his family and see what they would like to do. Thank you for your help, and hopefully we can get a Verified Insider on this page, so we can get the info out there. :)

Alex was a good friend of mine since High School. He was confirmed dead on his page by the family/friend of the family. I am in communication with a journalist in Portugal who is telling me that this club is notorious for drugged up, violent bouncers. The quote from above about the middle-aged woman, my conversations with the journalist about Portugal's propensity to sweep these things under the rug, as well as screenshots from reviews I've read about this make me think that Alex was murdered by one of the bouncers at this club. If you knew Alex, you know that there is no way this was an accident. He was too far dexterous and smart. He left at 3:45 and a body was found in the river at 5:00 before sinking into the water. Why divers didn't come out right then is perplexing to me. I should also note that the coroner is a government organization. I would like to provide whatever sleuthing I have done to help out, but I do not know the Tyk family as well as some others, and I do not want to upset anyone in their time of grieving.Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 8.58.25 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-07-11 at 1.54.47 PM.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebecca.ingram1214@gmail.
Back