Possible Break in Stacy's case - Cops planning on a search tomorrow 6/5/10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I'm going to attempt to load this parcel map. We'll see how it goes lol. OOPS Alwan not Arwan --sorry guys

View attachment 9513

This is great!

attachment.php

This article was updated this morning. Not sure what is new.

Journal Star
Posted Jun 07, 2010 @ 07:39 PM
Last update Jun 08, 2010 @ 07:47 AM
DUNLAP —

The search for the remains of 23-year-old Stacy Peterson, former Bolingbrook police sergeant Drew Peterson's fourth wife, was delayed Monday but could resume as early as Tuesday or later this week.

"I believe in talking with Will County and state police that we will work with them further concerning the site," said Peoria County Sheriff Mike McCoy on Monday, declining to talk more about the investigation. "The information they've gotten about this location and the way they got the information seems to make it viable."

http://www.pjstar.com/news/x682903967/Search-for-Stacy-Peterson-could-resume-this-week

DoobieDoo, re your map...

Hope you don't mind me posting it. I think as an attachment, it was getting missed by those who may be at work or only have time for quick scroll.

This guy is being paid good money and I am sure he was asked not to talk about the findings or search.

snipped and BBM from Dr.Fessel

But doc, whatever would we all have to speculate about if he hadn't? :wink:

True. LOL LOL

Fess, it's DoobieDoo52's map. I just posted it as an image, not an attachment.

Was this posted? Sorry if it's repeat.

http://wbbm780.com/content_page.php?contentType=4&contentId=6245140

Anthropologist: Cops Convinced They're Close to Finding Stacy Peterson's Body

~snipped~

Harn says despite not finding human remains, he believes authorities are still convinced Stacy Peterson's body is buried on that property near Peoria.

"I think they're very convinced. I think they're very convinced that she is somewhere on that property. And I think they're very convinced that it's not very far from where we were."

I wonder why LE is so convinced.

I have to think they have more than a tip from an inmate, a jail informant, or however else it has been reported.

An inmate would say anything if he thought it was going to help his case. Jail informants can be fed false information.

Maybe they have a Drew connection to this area that Drew previously denied or failed to mention anyway. Maybe he was riding his motorcycle in the area? Flew into that airport?

If turns out to be a real lead, I think someone peripherally associated with Drew has named the location as a place Drew might think was good to hide the body. Drew has some identifiable connection to this location IMO. Otherwise I do not know that LE would have taken it as seriously as they did.

I do not think it was an inmate for reasons I have already stated earlier, unless this a false lead.

I think they must have more than "Drew might think this was a good place to hide a body."

There must be a lot of potential places in Illinois to hide a body.

Maybe a solid connection between Drew and this area around the time Stacy went missing. (I think he was planning to kill her, just not when he did.)

Maybe riding his motorcycle in this area and there is some receipt (gas station) from the area?

I am wondering if it isn't something super simple yet overlooked for the last couple of years - and I'm talking from personal experience. My son is now in a photography class (35 mm - not digital) and we were going through some photo's which I just have packed away in shoe boxes from when the kids were younger, etc. Something caught my sons eye in the background of one we were looking at and I couldn't for the life of me tell "exactly" what it was - so we took it to one of those machines and cropped and blew it up and it was actually a bike that the sun was reflecting off of strangely. But I never noticed it - that wasn't what I took a pic of - KWIM??

What if a hunter was taking a pic (or video) of his buck or whatever and something was caught on film in the background and someone noticed it, blew it up, and ?
Like they say, pics are worth a 1000 words.....

Again, none of us know and it's just speculation and probably wrong, but they have to have something definite that makes them believe she is located in that area!! I would love to know what!

ITA noway. There is some documented/identifiable connection between Drew and this area. Perhaps he shot at that nearby gun club during the tiem period in question. Perhaps something else. But something ties him to the area enough for LE to be searchig it and obviously this tie has only recently become known to them or they would have searched there already in the past.

Did I read they had specific coordinates and they had David A. bring them to a specific spot?

I wonder if they meant latitude and longitude, or something like "30 feet past the oak tree that had been struck by lightning" kind of thing?

Did I read they had specific coordinates and they had David A. bring them to a specific spot?

I wonder if they meant latitude and longitude, or something like "30 feet past the oak tree that had been struck by lightning" kind of thing?

Yep, he did say they had a specific area and that he took them there as they wanted to make sure it was actually on his property....:smile:

I kept hearing a rumor back in the begining of two hunters seeing drew in a spot he was not supposed to be in. It was a companies land and only certain people could hunt there but it was always associated with a place near Bolingbrook.

Let's say drew borrowed someones vehicle and the snitch told LE that he knew he borrowed the car from someone. They go to that someone and find out it is true and then they discover there is gps on it. They go back and look at the time he had it and see it was parked in this area of the property for awhile.

They might have other places to check too where it was parked and that might explain why they have other avenues to check on this lead.

OT rain rain please go away, have seen enough of you today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member