Possible Victim: Andre Jamal Isaac, 25, aka Sugar Bear, missing Nov 2002, found Queens Dec 2002 & Moriches Jan 2003

Emre E

Reaction score
ANDRE JAMAL ISAAC aka Sugar Bear

A 25 year old drag queen from Brooklyn is murdered and dismembered, body parts dumped in Queens and Long Island.

Tuesday, December 17, 2002
HEADLESS TORSO FOUND IN WEEDED ARVERNE LOT

Police from the 100 Precinct, as well as officers from the Emergency Service Unit (ESU) responded to an anonymous tip that there was a body in a plastic bag on Beach 63 Street between Larkin Avenue and the boardwalk. In the bag, police say they found a "partial human torso" without head or extremities. On Wednesday, Ellen Borakove, a spokesperson for the Medical Examiner, told The Wave that it was a male torso, but that further tests would be necessary to ascertain his age, how long he had been dead and the cause of death.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/4....7923671,617m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0
There are several settlements in the area today, but in 2002 it was an undeveloped lot.

January 25, 2003
HEAD FOUND ON LONG ISLAND ICE POND

A Long Island couple enjoying an afternoon skating on a frozen pond yesterday happened upon a gruesome sight – a detached human head sticking out of the ice, police said.

The head of a white adult male was spotted around 12 p.m. yesterday on one of the Twin Ponds near the corner of Montauk Highway and Barnes Road in the town of Moriches, cops said.

A Suffolk County Police Department spokesman said the head was being examined for identification and to determine cause of death.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/4...9194,615m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

White... The head belongs to a black man. Mistakes with the race, always happen. The victim is ANDRE JAMAL ISAAC aka Sugar Bear. He is a black drag queen from Brooklyn disappeared shortly before Thanksgiving 2002, (Nov 28). He is a big guy. Gun is used this time.

January 27, 2003
BULLET HOLE IN SEVERED HEAD

A human head found on the ice of a Long Island skating pond belonged to a man who had been shot, Suffolk County police said yesterday.

The head was spotted protruding through the ice by two skaters on the shoreline of a pond in Moriches on Saturday. It was taken by police to the Suffolk County Medical Examiner’s Office for inspection.

Police Officer Bob McLaren said neither the race nor the identity of the man have been determined, and that police have not yet found the rest of the body.

McLaren said medical examiners determined that the head had a gunshot wound.

March 6, 2003
A partial human torso that was found in a plastic bag on Beach 63 Street between Larken Street and the boardwalk on Dec. 17, 2002 about 11:30 a.m. has been determined by medical examiners to belong to a male, said police. The investigation has been reclassified as a homicide, and was ongoing, police said. The victim remains unidentified.

November 24, 2007
Police are searching for the killer of “Sugar Bear,” a professional drag queen from Brooklyn – whose head was found frozen in the ice of a Long Island pond by skaters in 2003.

Police say that the killer dumped the head, with a single bullet wound to the head, in the frozen pond, where it was found on January 25, 2003.

The killer had dumped the head, with a single bullet wound in the temple, in the pond in Moriches, where it was found on Jan. 25, 2003, said Detective Lt. Jack Fitzpatrick, commander of the Suffolk County Police Homicide Squad.

Arms and legs belonging to the same victim were later found in a plastic bag miles away in Suffolk County.

Possible Location:
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.8610262,-72.6726582,1229m/data=!3m1!1e3
Possible date of discovery: Fall 2007

The body parts are disposed with a ride on Sunrise Highway this time, not LI Expressway.

It took Suffolk detectives almost a year and a half to identify the victim as Andre Jamal Isaac, 25, of East New York, the grandson of a Vietnam POW.

DNA tests done in Suffolk linked the body parts to a torso found clad in a skirt, black body suit and tank top in Arverne on December 17, 2002.

(1) In January of 2004, police officials came up with an artist's rendition of the dead man.

(2) Detectives showed photos of his head to transvestites in Manhattan.

It is probably 1, not 2

In May 2004, one drag queen told a detective, “Hey, that looks like Sugar Bear.” Another knew Isaac’s real name, and detectives found his mother, Kim Long Jordan, 50, on Long Island.

Jordan gave investigators a key piece of information: One of her son’s pals had seen Isaac just before Thanksgiving getting into a car with a “secret friend.” He was never seen again.

“He went out without a coat and said he would be right back. He left his pocketbook,” she said. Fitzpatrick said the car was a red, BMW-type coupe with “nice rims” driven by a Hispanic man.

It is December 2002. The torso and left foot of Jane Doe 2000 was discovered in Manorville along with John Doe 2000 with not much fuss. On Gilgo Beach there's the head of the Fire Island Lady (1996) and the right foot, head and arms of Jane Doe 2000. Seems like Gilgo Beach hasn't yet proven its long standing confidentiality to come. Peaches Doe's head and extremities? Where are they?

http://www.rockawave.com/news/2002-12-21/Front_Page/C-Headless1221.html
http://www.rockawave.com/news/2007-11-30/front_page/001.html
http://nypost.com/2007/11/24/hunt-for-clues-in-tranny-slay/
http://www.timesledger.com/stories/2003/10/20030306-archive35.html
http://nypost.com/2003/01/27/bullet-hole-in-severed-head/

My 2 cents...
Some of you may or may not know but back in 2002, there was a transvestite named "Andre Isaac aka Sugar Bear, I believe...who disappeared out of Brooklyn. He shared a home w a "Khalil White" known to be Jessica Taylor's pimp.

It was said that Andre was last seen getting into a red car (bmw type style ) with a hispanic male.
What's interesting is that in the article I read, it also mentioned that Andre left the house without his pocketbook. He was never seen again.

Later, his torso & legs were found in Brooklyn Park. There was also mentioning of a head found- but I did not see if it was ever properly ID'd.
Ironically, Andre's head was later found in East Moriches in a frozen pond, which is very close in proximity to Manorville.
It just seems like most of the victims are taken from the west and their bodies are sprawled out east. This is the MO of the killer. The other MO of the killer is his odd affinity with tattoos. He either hates them or loves them. ex; asked Melissa's boyfriend about his...but also seems to want to hide his victims tattoos. Another interesting thing for me personally was when the "so-called" killer called Melissa's sister and said he heard she was a "half-breed" why was that so important to be brought up I wonder? Many of the girls dated men of other color and or race, as well as some had biracial children. Not sure if that means anything.

But again, when we look at the time frame or in chronological order, the first set of body parts were found in near Fire Island. The second was "Peaches" in Hempstead Lake Park. Then the next two were in Manorville, (Jessica & Valerie) and then G4 and the others. However, we don't know if there are other numerous dumping grounds, as I am sure there are and if many others are missing, connected, etc. The killer just seems like he's trying or tried so hard to stay well ahead of LE and after this became so public, things quieted down.
I believe he's still out there gleaming over knowing he's still getting away with all this but his day is coming. He will slip up.

My 2 cents...
Some of you may or may not know but back in 2002, there was a transvestite named "Andre Isaac aka Sugar Bear, I believe...who disappeared out of Brooklyn. He shared a home w a "Khalil White" known to be Jessica Taylor's pimp.

It was said that Andre was last seen getting into a red car (bmw type style ) with a hispanic male.
What's interesting is that in the article I read, it also mentioned that Andre left the house without his pocketbook. He was never seen again.

Later, his torso & legs were found in Brooklyn Park. There was also mentioning of a head found- but I did not see if it was ever properly ID'd.
Ironically, Andre's head was later found in East Moriches in a frozen pond, which is very close in proximity to Manorville.
It just seems like most of the victims are taken from the west and their bodies are sprawled out east. This is the MO of the killer. The other MO of the killer is his odd affinity with tattoos. He either hates them or loves them. ex; asked Melissa's boyfriend about his...but also seems to want to hide his victims tattoos. Another interesting thing for me personally was when the "so-called" killer called Melissa's sister and said he heard she was a "half-breed" why was that so important to be brought up I wonder? Many of the girls dated men of other color and or race, as well as some had biracial children. Not sure if that means anything.

But again, when we look at the time frame or in chronological order, the first set of body parts were found in near Fire Island. The second was "Peaches" in Hempstead Lake Park. Then the next two were in Manorville, (Jessica & Valerie) and then G4 and the others. However, we don't know if there are other numerous dumping grounds, as I am sure there are and if many others are missing, connected, etc. The killer just seems like he's trying or tried so hard to stay well ahead of LE and after this became so public, things quieted down.
I believe he's still out there gleaming over knowing he's still getting away with all this but his day is coming. He will slip up.

Josh Zeman from The Killing Season tweeted this link. Looks real but unable to access off main page. No announcement made or anything?

https://www.gilgonews.com/Vics/andreisaac

My 2 cents...

I learned today via Josh Zeman's twitter that scpd posted Andre Isaac on their gilgo news site but then claimed they were "testing" the website and pulled it. If you go to the site now it does not appear under investigations, however if you visit https://www.gilgonews.com/Vics/andreisaac it is still there to view.

Anyone of those girls pictured w Khalil White could be Peaches, Cheeries, other victims etc. (in the above mentioned East New York Butcher link.)

The gilgo news website has been updated with a new victim Andre Isaac.

He was a transgender sex worker and went missing in 2003. His severed head was discovered in the Forge River in Moriches, Long Island. Partial remains were found in 2004 also in Moriches that were linked to the head discovered a year prior.

https://www.gilgonews.com/Vics/andreisaac

Anyone else see this and have any more information on it or the victim?

I found elsewhere that apparently the police are just “testing” their website, but why test it with a whole new victim, and still leave it up able to be viewed?

Info on the last car he was seen in. https://nypost.com/2007/11/24/hunt-for-clues-in-tranny-slay/

Jordan gave investigators a key piece of information: One of her son’s pals had seen Isaac just before Thanksgiving getting into a car with a “secret friend.” He was never seen again.

“He went out without a coat and said he would be right back. He left his pocketbook,” she said.

Fitzpatrick said the car was a red, BMW-type coupe with “nice rims” driven by a Hispanic man.

Fitzpatrick asked anyone with information to call the Homicide Squad at (631) 852-6392. All calls will be kept confidential.

Interesting he is being potentially considered a LISK victim. Very different than the others, I wonder if there is information not being disclosed that connects him to others...

It'd be great to know what series BMW he was seen in.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but can we copy/paste and post pictures here, or no?
Welcome to Weblseuths DetectiveB.
Yes, pictures of missing or victims or locations are allowed just provide link to source where you got it from as well.

My 2 cents...

It just seems like most of the victims are taken from the west and their bodies are sprawled out east. This is the MO of the killer. The other MO of the killer is his odd affinity with tattoos.

Respectfully snipped by me.

Thank you about information on Andre Isaac aka Sugar Bear. I was not aware of her case and yes it sounds like it might be connected to Valerie's and Jessica's murders. I know there is another case of dismembered still unidentified black boy/young man in Brooklyn, can't recall details now but will look into it again.

Link to thread for Andre Isaac case here on websleuths - Andre Jamal Isaac, aka Sugar Bear - new victim

Last edited:
I wonder if Peaches is biracial. She’s described as African American but the photo of her tattoo depicts a light complexion. This makes me wonder if she’s from one of the culturally diverse neighborhoods that comprise Queens, and if she disappeared from a bus or subway hub like Queens Plaza, the one at Sutphin and Archer in Jamaica, or anywhere along Roosevelt Ave. (which was a hotbed for prostitution during the nineties when she disappeared).

My opinion: Peaches and her toddler could be victims of circumstance or opportunity. Maybe she was stuck at one of the aforementioned locales, LISK drove up/solicited/she declined but explained her predicament and accepted a ride. She went missing prior to the advent of the internet and during a time when LISK would have sought street girls only because agencies kept records.

According to this article Peaches was indeed biracial. Good call.
“Cullen described her as being a light-skinned African-American woman, possibly biracial, around the ages of 18 to 20. He had drawn the tattoo on her the year before the homicide. Cullen recalled that the woman was from New York and had come to Bristol to visit friends. She had entered his studio with another black woman, he said. While she got her tattoo, the two women remarked that they were going to East Hartford later that night to visit another friend, Cullen said.
In 19 years of practice and 32 years of being around the industry, that is the only tattoo I have ever done or seen of a peach, Cullen said. And unless you’re from Georgia, tattoos of peaches are very rare.”
Cullen said the woman did not have a southern drawl to her voice nor did she have a Spanish or urban accent.
“She seemed like a good kid, not the trouble type, just a typical fun-loving kid,” the tattoo artist said. “I got the impression that her friend was definitely from the [Bristol] area.”
Cullen originally had a paper record of the woman’s session. Tragically, many of his records, including hers, were destroyed by flood damage.
“I still keep in contact with the police about this case. She must have a parent or friends looking for her. Why hasn’t anyone stepped up to the plate to find her?”; Cullen asked. “Whole thing’s a damn shame.”

Also, according to this one, Peaches had a son...it perplexes me that NO one is coming forward. I wonder since she was found w a C-section scar if any doctors, nurses etc...would have remembered her tattoo - if she had it at the time of giving birth?
"Police had the woman’s peach tattoo printed in a tattoo magazine and a man named Steve Cullen from Bristol, CT said he recognized it. In 2012 Cullen would go on to say that a woman claiming to be Peaches’ mother called him saying her grandson, Peaches’ son, wanted a tattoo done in remembrance of his mother by the same artist who had done his mom’s peach tattoo. There was no follow up." below is link...much to read for everyone.

Peaches?

Welcome to Weblseuths DetectiveB.
Yes, pictures of missing or victims or locations are allowed just provide link to source where you got it from as well.

Respectfully snipped by me.

Thank you about information on Andre Isaac aka Sugar Bear. I was not aware of her case and yes it sounds like it might be connected to Valerie's and Jessica's murders. I know there is another case of dismembered still unidentified black boy/young man in Brooklyn, can't recall details now but will look into it again.

Link to thread for Andre Isaac case here on websleuths - Andre Jamal Isaac, aka Sugar Bear - new victim
I am glad that this was helpful!

Interesting he is being potentially considered a LISK victim. Very different than the others, I wonder if there is information not being disclosed that connects him to others...

It'd be great to know what series BMW he was seen in.
Complete speculation on my part, but there may be a "link" in victim demographics. We now have a potential victim of Andre Jamal Isaac, and we have the unidentified Asian male victim. We know that Andre was a transgender woman, perhaps the Asian male was also a transgender woman. Transgender sex workers do make up a portion of the sex worker community, although how much of the community in the early 2000s, I'm not sure. If this killer was targeting female sex workers, he may not have particularly cared if they were cisgender or transgender.

On a side note, I hope we are soon able to learn if Andre had a "new" name for herself since transitioning and refer to her as such. No one deserves what happened to her, and it's the least we can do to respect her memory.

Complete speculation on my part, but there may be a "link" in victim demographics. We now have a potential victim of Andre Jamal Isaac, and we have the unidentified Asian male victim. We know that Andre was a transgender woman, perhaps the Asian male was also a transgender woman. Transgender sex workers do make up a portion of the sex worker community, although how much of the community in the early 2000s, I'm not sure. If this killer was targeting female sex workers, he may not have particularly cared if they were cisgender or transgender.

On a side note, I hope we are soon able to learn if Andre had a "new" name for herself since transitioning and refer to her as such. No one deserves what happened to her, and it's the least we can do to respect her memory.

Interesting take. His mom described him as a "big bear" so in terms of stature, it was not consistent with any of the other victims, gender aside. He also had a gunshot wound in his head, which does tell me that the assailant didn't want to take a gamble and go for strangulation as they may have failed at physically overpowering him.

Was Andre "transitioning" as you put it? His mom described him as a talented drag-queen. Now, this is not my area of expertise but when I hear drag-queen I think of a man who Is roleplaying as a female on an intermittent basis.

According to the Murder Inc. website article here, there is supposedly a link between him and Jessica Taylor via Khalil White having resided on the same Brooklyn street. According to Detective B who posted this in another thread, apparently they not only resided on the same block, but were roommates.

When I consider the LISK call, the "half breed" remark and their hunting ground in Suffolk County (not the most diverse of places) it seems a far cry from someone picking up a large black man in East New York in a Red BMW. I still think Jessica Taylor is a Bittrolff victim but don't think Andre is.

I found a pic of Andre. It looks like a mug shot so possibly he was doing sex work dressed as a female. He looks as though he could pass for female, rather than exaggerated drag. But, yes, body type is still out.

Attachments

• 06080CF6-5447-44B2-B1C3-0DFB8D5459FE.jpeg
    06080CF6-5447-44B2-B1C3-0DFB8D5459FE.jpeg
    26.1 KB · Views: 48
I found a pic of Andre. It looks like a mug shot so possibly he was doing sex work dressed as a female. He looks as though he could pass for female, rather than exaggerated drag. But, yes, body type is still out.
Where is the rest of the documentation that proves that is Sugar Bear?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back