Possible Victim: Fire Island Jane Doe, UP9098, found Davis Park Apr 1996 & Ocean Parkway Apr 2011 - Karen Vergata

Jane Doe 9098's dental information at the NamUs website indicates "One or more teeth present". I wonder if the ME can use the same science mentioned below to help locate where Jane might of grown up?

ArchNews
Digging up Archaeology News
Identifying Queen Eadgyth
By Stephen 26/11/2010
http://www.archnews.co.uk/featured/3961-identifying-queen-eadgyth.html

"Dr Alistair Pike in the Department of Archaeology and Anthropology tells how tiny samples of tooth enamel proved the identity of a Saxon queen."

"Teeth provide remarkable evidence about the early years of an individual’s life. The region where a person grew up can be traced in the tooth enamel laid down in their first 14 years because strontium and oxygen isotope ratios in the teeth reflect the food a person ate and the water they drank."

WOW, Just think of the things we don't know about. LOL

If the story linked below is any indication, we could learn the eye color, blood type, ethnic background and diseases Jane Doe 9098 was predisposed if her genome were sequenced. Maybe the same science could be applied to Jane Doe 2000, John Doe and the Toddler?

BBC News
Science & Environment
28 February 2012
Oetzi the Iceman's nuclear genome gives
new insights
By Jason Palmer
Science and technology reporter, BBC News
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-17191398

"New clues have emerged in what could be described as the world's oldest murder case: that of Oetzi the "Iceman", whose 5,300-year-old body was discovered frozen in the Italian Alps in 1991."

"Oetzi's full genome has now been reported in Nature Communications".

"It reveals that he had brown eyes, "O" blood type, was lactose intolerant, and was predisposed to heart disease."

What does this have to do with sleuthing Jane Doe? I don't think we have any control over how LE conducts its investigation and what techniques they will use.

It strikes me that one of the things that goes on here at WS are discussions about what is possible when it comes to investigative techniques.

It's valid, rational and reasonable for people to ask what might be discovered if other avenues of investigation are explored.

MOO.

It strikes me that one of the things that goes on here at WS are discussions about what is possible when it comes to investigative techniques.

It's valid, rational and reasonable for people to ask what might be discovered if other avenues of investigation are explored.

MOO.

Your posts along these lines depress me because I have a horrible feeling that LE is doing nothing, as opposed to trying all of these creative (though probably expensive) tactics that you're coming up with. I picture them just sitting around, waiting for something else to happen.

Your posts along these lines depress me because I have a horrible feeling that LE is doing nothing, as opposed to trying all of these creative (though probably expensive) tactics that you're coming up with. I picture them just sitting around, waiting for something else to happen.

I'm sorry! I didn't mean to depress you!

At least we know these types of techniques exist. Now that we know about them, we can ask LE to at least consider these possibilities, IMHO.

LE Are You Listenting?!?!

I do expect that you are right about them being expensive though.

Here is some good news. The FBI does have a "Nuclear DNA Unit". Nuclear DNA is what was extracted and used to sequence the "Iceman's" DNA. Here is the link:

The FBI
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Laboratory Services
DNA-Nuclear
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/lab/dna-nuclear

"Mission"

"The Nuclear DNA Unit (NDNAU) provides forensic biological services to the FBI and other duly constituted law enforcement agencies to support the investigative and intelligence priorities through evidence testing using forensic serological and Nuclear DNA methodologies."

Is there any new information? New photos or sketches? Thanks!

Is there any new information? New photos or sketches? Thanks!

Thanks for bumping Jane Doe 9098's thread with your excellent question! It's great to see a new face in her thread!

Unfortunately, there has not been an update to Jane Doe's profile on the NamUs database since Dec. 21, 2011. An updated sketch of her has not been provided either. There is some interesting information about her on her webpage if you are interested in checking it out. Currently, NamUs classifies Jane Doe 9098's "Identification Potential" as "Medium"

Here is the link to her profile there:

https://identifyus.org/cases/9098

I look forward to seeing you around this forum LucyOso!

Here is a link to general information about the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System:

U.S. Department of Justice
Office of Justice Programs
NamUs National Missing and Unidentified Persons System
http://namus.gov/

"The Unidentified Persons Database contains information entered by medical examiners and coroners. Unidentified persons are people who have died and whose bodies have not been identified. Anyone can search this database using characteristics such as sex, race, distinct body features and even dental information."

**Here is a link to the Unidentified Persons Database Homepage (It is the database that Jane Doe 9098 is in):

NamUs Unidentified Persons Database
https://identifyus.org/en

Still no new update to Jane Doe 9098's profile in the NamUs database.

I couldn't find any new MSM articles about her either.

Would her surgical scars indicate any problems related to MS? I seem to recall a missing persons report of a woman who walks with a limp and sometimes used a cane due to her MS that went missing in the weeks prior to April 20, 1996. I'll have to go back through the list to give the name since I can't recall that first hand.

Would her surgical scars indicate any problems related to MS? I seem to recall a missing persons report of a woman who walks with a limp and sometimes used a cane due to her MS that went missing in the weeks prior to April 20, 1996. I'll have to go back through the list to give the name since I can't recall that first hand.

I wouldn't expect her to be alive anytime in April 1996, I would look for someone who went missing in summer, fall or early winter of 1995.

I wouldn't expect her to be alive anytime in April 1996, I would look for someone who went missing in summer, fall or early winter of 1995.

The report stated that the legs came from someone deceased around 2 weeks prior. So, either late May, beginning of April 1996.

It seems that R.Shulman could have been convicted of murdering (all or some) of the victims mentioned in the 1995 article. Hmmm...it was rumored his brother (BS) was the actual killer. Sheesh, I hope they had the correct perp!

It seems that R.Shulman could have been convicted of murdering (all or some) of the victims mentioned in the 1995 article. Hmmm...it was rumored his brother (BS) was the actual killer. Sheesh, I hope they had the correct perp!

It was reported that he helped his brother dispose of the bodies. This brother had a Long Beach address...he has remained on my short list of "curious" people...

Interesting article from 1995 particularly because of the LI Clinic med papers.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/1995-05-03/news/17963454_1_garbage-bag-found-homicide-detective

"Another Yonkers detective, Chris Deering, sees a Long Island connection in two cases. The Suffolk edition of Long Island Newsday was found near the woman found in 1992 in Yonkers. And medical papers from a Long Island clinic were discovered near the Brooklyn victim's body."

http://articles.nydailynews.com/1995-05-03/news/17963454_1_garbage-bag-found-homicide-detective

"An unidentified Hispanic or light-skinned black woman found dead on a conveyor belt at a recycling company in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, last month. Both legs were missing, and her right arm and left hand were cut off but found nearby. The plant collects garbage from the five boroughs."

I would like to know which Long Island medical clinic the papers were from. Shouldn't the detectives have traced back to the actual dumpster where the papers were disposed of to determine if the body was also disposed of into the same container? This was around April of 1995...

Here's another interesting little tidbit from the Anna Gristina story. After she was arrested and news reporters started reporting the story, someone at her home, in an effort to get news crews to leave "called police." Interestingly enough, a DEC officer and a State Trooper arrived:

Gristina appears to live in a secluded home in a wooded area off Lakes Road in the Town of Monroe. A woman refused to answer the door at the home Tuesday morning, telling a reporter and photographer to leave and warning that she had called the police. Sure enough, a trooper and state Department of Environmental Conservation office (sic) soon arrived and shooed away the visitors — shortly before a WABC news van came to the house. http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120306/NEWS/120309862

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back