Possible Victim: Jessica Taylor, 20, found Manorville July 2003 & Gilgo Beach Mar 2011

Jessica Taylor
Jessica Taylor
“I’m grateful for the hard work that has been done, I’m grateful that today is happening and I’m hopeful for the future,” Robinson, who has been advocating for justice in the case, told reporters outside Suffolk County criminal court in Riverside shortly before Heuermann was ordered held without bail on July 14. “I hope that a connection is made.”

On July 26, 2003, a dog walker found Taylor, who was 20 at the time of her death, nude, decapitated and missing her hands on the side of Halsey Manor Road sump access road near a Long Island Expressway overpass in a sparsely populated area of the rural community in the heart of the Long Island Pine Barrens region. Her missing head and hands were found eight years later 50 miles away near Cedar Beach, a few miles east of Gilgo.

“I hope that she is remembered as a beautiful young woman and not what her occupation was at that time,” said Robinson, whose family recently marked what would have been her 40th birthday on June 17. “She’s loved and missed every day.”

Taylor’s killer had repeatedly sliced her tattoo — a red heart with an angel wing that said, “Remy’s angel” — in an attempt to avoid her being identified, but medical examiners pushed it back together and shared its image with authorities nationwide. A detective in Washington, D.C., where she was reported missing, recognized the ink and helped identify Taylor months after the initial discovery.
The end of the debris-strewn sump access road in Manorville where Taylor was found dead

Jessica Taylor 3
In Taylor’s case, a police photo taken at the scene showed a tattoo on the right side of her back, with dozens of razor-thin crooked gashes, as though someone spent some considerable time not merely cutting the tattoo off but repeatedly slicing it from top to bottom.

Police say it took medical examiners pushing the skin together to figure out what the tattoo was: a red heart with an angel wing that said, ‘‘Remy’s angel.’’ A Washington, D.C. detective recognized the tattoo, six months later, as belonging to a woman reported missing by another local sex worker.

Taylor was an upstate New York native, last seen on the streets of Manhattan, working near the Port Authority Bus Terminal the week before her body was found, according to police reports.

She had been arrested in Atlantic City, New York, and D.C., where she had just relocated from that same month. Little else was known about Taylor at the time.

She had been working near the Port Authority Bus Terminal between July 18-21, an area once known as the Minnesota Strip — a term coined by cops in the ’70s because that stretch of Eighth Avenue between 42nd and 57th Streets was known for prostitution, and when Minnesota passed tough anti-prostitution laws, many women left for the streets of New York City.

During that time, city-based punk rock band The Dictators penned the song “The Minnesota Strip” [“The strip is hopping on Friday night / They come from so far away”]. In the ’90s, the area was cleaned up — making it much more unusual to see women walking the streets topless after midnight — but there are still a handful of adult shops scattered around the area, and, although you may have to look a little harder, there are still sex workers.

Jessica Taylor 4
As of this story, Suffolk police say there are no updates in Taylor’s case, although even if there were new leads, homicide squad detectives would likely not publicly release them in order to secure a conviction should they eventually make an arrest, as is standard practice.

But in 2016, Khalil White — who was alternately described as Taylor’s pimp and boyfriend — told the A&E docuseries The Killing Season that homicide squad detectives informed him that she was found wrapped in burlap.

That detail was significant because it was also widely reported that the first four victims found in Gilgo Beach in December 2010 were also wrapped in burlap. Taylor, however, was previously reported to have been covered with plastic, although police did not confirm that detail.

“The department has not addressed the question of burlap vs. plastic or any other materials,” police recently told the Press.

Jessica Taylor 3
In Taylor’s case, a police photo taken at the scene showed a tattoo on the right side of her back, with dozens of razor-thin crooked gashes, as though someone spent some considerable time not merely cutting the tattoo off but repeatedly slicing it from top to bottom.

Police say it took medical examiners pushing the skin together to figure out what the tattoo was: a red heart with an angel wing that said, ‘‘Remy’s angel.’’ A Washington, D.C. detective recognized the tattoo, six months later, as belonging to a woman reported missing by another local sex worker.

Taylor was an upstate New York native, last seen on the streets of Manhattan, working near the Port Authority Bus Terminal the week before her body was found, according to police reports.

She had been arrested in Atlantic City, New York, and D.C., where she had just relocated from that same month. Little else was known about Taylor at the time.

She had been working near the Port Authority Bus Terminal between July 18-21, an area once known as the Minnesota Strip — a term coined by cops in the ’70s because that stretch of Eighth Avenue between 42nd and 57th Streets was known for prostitution, and when Minnesota passed tough anti-prostitution laws, many women left for the streets of New York City.

During that time, city-based punk rock band The Dictators penned the song “The Minnesota Strip” [“The strip is hopping on Friday night / They come from so far away”]. In the ’90s, the area was cleaned up — making it much more unusual to see women walking the streets topless after midnight — but there are still a handful of adult shops scattered around the area, and, although you may have to look a little harder, there are still sex workers.

Jessica Taylor 4
As of this story, Suffolk police say there are no updates in Taylor’s case, although even if there were new leads, homicide squad detectives would likely not publicly release them in order to secure a conviction should they eventually make an arrest, as is standard practice.

But in 2016, Khalil White — who was alternately described as Taylor’s pimp and boyfriend — told the A&E docuseries The Killing Season that homicide squad detectives informed him that she was found wrapped in burlap.

That detail was significant because it was also widely reported that the first four victims found in Gilgo Beach in December 2010 were also wrapped in burlap. Taylor, however, was previously reported to have been covered with plastic, although police did not confirm that detail.

“The department has not addressed the question of burlap vs. plastic or any other materials,” police recently told the Press.

Khalil messed up the details. Confused Manorville with the Gilgo Four find.

Khalil messed up the details. Confused Manorville with the Gilgo Four find.
I never saw any statement about burlap before the bodies were found on LI ,I dont think he messed up the details ,I think he is confused by them. Same thing really I guess.
When everyone was first found on the beach some of the media did make it sound as if all the bodies were in burlap .
At this point as far as KW goes and D.C, Jessica was dead ,he already knew that for years,He might have knew they did not find all of her but he already knew she was murdered for years ,before the LI people were found. So I believe at this point KW is confused enough to be commenting publicly under his name . I believe The FBI reached out to him again after the LI victims were found . I dont remember how long she was not identifed . Both of the people that were with JT have posted here and both have very different stories about Remy's Angel or different statement about who that is at least.

K. White was not mistaken.
He spoke to police in 2003, after Jessica's remains were found in Manorville.
He made it clear that he did not speak to the police again when the rest of her remains were found in 2011.

K. White was not mistaken.
He spoke to police in 2003, after Jessica's remains were found in Manorville.
He made it clear that he did not speak to the police again when the rest of her remains were found in 2011.
He was mistaken. He didn't need to speak to the police to learn about the burlap as that was public knowledge.

KW also said on The Killing Season that Jessica disappeared from Queens Plaza instead of the Port Authority. Per KW, Jessica was on a program called Operation Spotlight, meaning another arrest would bring upon her a lot of trouble, so she allegedly worked out of Queens instead. I don’t disagree with this theory because not only did KW speak about it with a certain conviction, it falls in line with LISK referencing Queens throughout the years (which tells me that he knew where to look when trawling for victims in the 1990s - mid ‘00s. Long Island City was a warehouse/industrial district, Roosevelt Avenue was/is a hotbed of prostitution, and Sutphin/Archer in Jamaica Queens & LIC had certain prostitution points as well).

KW also said on The Killing Season that Jessica disappeared from Queens Plaza instead of the Port Authority. Per KW, Jessica was on a program called Operation Spotlight, meaning another arrest would bring upon her a lot of trouble, so she allegedly worked out of Queens instead. I don’t disagree with this theory because not only did KW speak about it with a certain conviction, it falls in line with LISK referencing Queens throughout the years (which tells me that he knew where to look when trawling for victims in the 1990s - mid ‘00s. Long Island City was a warehouse/industrial district, Roosevelt Avenue was/is a hotbed of prostitution, and Sutphin/Archer in Jamaica Queens & LIC had certain prostitution points as well).
KW said that he believes she may have disappeared from Queens Plaza. By the time of her last sighting, he hadn't seen her in 2+ weeks. It is also important to note that Operation Spotlight was active in all NYC boroughs, including Queens.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back